Speed Racer!Booyaa!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby termyt » Wed May 14, 2008 5:58 am

Kurama (post: 1225030) wrote:My mom doesn't want me to see it cause she thinks it'll give me a headake, maybe worse...? o.O I DUN CARE I'M GONNA SEE IT ONE DAY!

I suffer daily headaches related to a chronic vision condition.
I saw the movie and it di not make my headache any worse.
The colors are bright, but it's not like an hour and a half of staring at a neon sign.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Ashley » Wed May 14, 2008 10:16 am

The colors are bright, but it's not like an hour and a half of staring at a neon sign.

It's like staring at a neon sign spazzing out for two and a half hours. XD
Ashley

Postby Danderson » Wed May 14, 2008 7:13 pm

Ashley (post: 1226140) wrote:It's like staring at a neon sign spazzing out for two and a half hours. XD

:lol: Yeah, it did feel like that sometimes....but overall it was very well done....and while I was hoping for a more serious plot (though it was at time more serious than I thought it'd be) I think it worked in a way that will make Speed Racer fans happy......Though, they'll probably hate the idea of Sprittle giving the finger.....I know I did.....
Besides that very good film.....

Also, did anyone notice that John Goodman kept grunting every now and then like some characters do in most anime series? It was amusing but somehow it worked along with the rest of the film....
Danderson

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed May 14, 2008 7:29 pm

I was definitely surprised by Sprittle's actions.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby mechana2015 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:36 pm

On another note, I'm picking up the soundtrack and the ending song. The composer is the same person that did LOST and Ratatouille.

John Goodman was amazing as Pops. I really appreciated him as the practically human personification of the character.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby termyt » Thu May 15, 2008 6:03 am

Etoh*the*Greato (post: 1226297) wrote:I was definitely surprised by Sprittle's actions.

I can think of a couple of parents who wished they hadn't done that. They were sitting behind me and their kid asked, "What does that mean?"
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby rii namuras » Thu May 15, 2008 8:10 am

[color="Red"](South China Morning Post gave it one star. Ouch. And you would really think Hong Kongers would love this sort of thing... I mean, the island...! It's way brighter/neoner in Central at night than in Speed Racer. Maybe they're just claustrophobic or something.)[/color]
rii namuras

Postby Amzi Live » Thu May 15, 2008 7:25 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1226306) wrote:On another note, I'm picking up the soundtrack and the ending song. The composer is the same person that did LOST and Ratatouille.

John Goodman was amazing as Pops. I really appreciated him as the practically human personification of the character.

For real?
I loved the Ratatouille soundtrack!
I'm gonna have to get check this one out.
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Previous

Return to General Entertainment