The Batman (the newest batman cartoon)

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Batman (the newest batman cartoon)

Postby Fsiphskilm » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:46 pm

[url=http://www.
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Psycho Ann » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:22 am

Is it just me... or is there some anime influences in the style?
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby cbwing0 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:15 am

When does this come on?

I don't like the looks of the new Joker. Part of the coolness of his character is that he is somewhat sophisticated in addition to being completely insane...the new one just looks like a loon. :shady:

Oh well...I'm not going to watch all of WB just to catch a preview, so tell me how it is (I'm assuming it will be a some random time). :)
cbwing0

Postby inkhana » Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:41 am

Hmm, there do seem to be substantial anime influences...

Well, I don't much care for the new look, but then again, I've been somewhat disappointed in both design and content since they took the mid 80s-early 90s "Batman: the Animated Series" off the air.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:25 am

Same here. the n
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby cbwing0 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:03 pm

Volt wrote: like the old Batman cartoons, the old old old ones. I wish they had a box set.. OH wait they do!!! It's coming! Check out www.animenewstoday.com.

Awesome. :grin: :thumb:
cbwing0

Postby MasterDias » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:14 pm

I saw the preview but I couldn't make out much other than Batman and a villian that I didn't recognize. And a jumble of voices saying different things...
I'll hold off making an opinion until I see an episode... I will have trouble getting used to this new Joker design. It looks...er....disturbing.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:59 pm

Joker was really insane but he didnt look like it
Solid Ronin

Postby Inferno » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:47 am

OK what did they do to the Jocker? He's even more of a freak than he was before! It looks ok I might watch it some time, if I have time.
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:09 pm

THat new Joker is nasty looking... eew...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:07 pm

I'd say he look
Fsiphskilm

Postby SManBeyond » Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:29 pm

I agree completely with Volt. The series looks like a really, REALLY bad parody.

And on a side note, my favorite (present-day) Joker design is the latest one used in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (I liked the futuristic one too) and the Justice League cartoon.
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:55 am

that picture reminds me of metal gear solid for some reason :lol:

edit: crap... i accidentally bumped..... >_<
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Jeikobu » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:54 am

I think that The Batman is a decent cartoon. Nothing really impressive, but it's much better than most American cartoons airing right now. However (though obvious), Batman the Animated Series blows it clear out of the water.
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Lehn » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:33 am

Ditto. You can't touch the old skool stuff, although ya' gotta give 'em props for trying out that art form.
“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.â€
Lehn

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:08 am

I've seen a few episodes. I am neither particularly impressed or unimpressed (using the word here as a negative, not a zero value), so I cannot say what my true opinion is. As for the Joker, I have seen images, but I will have to reserve judgement until I saw him in an actual episode.
uc pseudonym

Postby The Doctor » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:09 pm

I've heard that Kevin Conroy, the Batman and Justice League voice of Batman isn't in this series.

No offense, but Mr. Conroy's voice IS the definition of BATMAN.
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby rocklobster » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:16 am

He looks like someone drew the Mad Hatter all wrong. I also think they might have tried to imitate Frank Miller's style too. I saw some of it (it's not that new), and it doesn't do it for me. They made him too James Bond-ish.
rocklobster

Postby ClosetOtaku » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:55 am

I went to a lecture by Bob Kane, creator of Batman, back in the mid-1980s. He talked a lot about the original concept...

What struck me then (and now) is that Batman is very much a sociopath, scarcely more stable than the bad guys he chases around. He wants to be Bruce Wayne, Upstanding Citizen, but every night as the shadows get longer, he hears the voice in his head: "Put on the suit... go out into the night... you're the Batman!". It's not so much he wants to fight for justice -- he just can't live with the thought that the criminals might get a step ahead this evening... or tomorrow...

This isn't a recent development in the interpretation of the Batman; Kane may not have intended to start that way, though I think when he looked back over his work, he realized that it had sort of crept into the story unconsciously.

I've yet to see one of the cartoon incarnations that replicates that feel; it's mostly in some of the recent comics and a couple of the movies.

Might be interesting if there was a crossover with a modern anime series, with Satoshi Kon in the director's chair...
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby yukinon » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:08 am

I think that most recent American animation has some noticeable anime influences in it...it's all just part of anime becoming more well-known, which has its pros and cons.

I'm a big fan of Batman: The Animated Series, but a lot of that is just nostalgia. That series focused a lot more on Batman being Batman, and very little on the character of Bruce Wayne. Which is one of the reasons I enjoyed Batman Beyond and Batman Begins. (Even my Dad liked Batman Begins. Score!)

And I loved the Joker's character in Return of the Joker. He always has been an interesting and unique villian, even compared to villians from other comic series. I was always a big fan of Harley, too. :P ("SWEETIE! Get Mommy her bazooka, kay?")

I'm actually a huge Marvel fan, but Batman is just the coolness. My old friend used to hide tons of Batman comics under her mattress so her parents wouldn't confiscate them.
9&&|(=|()v&
yukinon

Postby Myoti » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:00 pm

I thought that having a Batman anime would be pretty cool. I mean, there's already enough basis for them to make a good style and several villain arcs.

When I saw about this (on the back of a cereal box), I though this could be it (though I also disagree with the new Joker style; bleah).

From how it sounds, it probably isn't, though I can't judge till I've seen it.

And yes, many shows (too many, IMO) are copying the anime style... typically quite badly.
Myoti

Postby Crossdive » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:58 pm

I think The Batman is worth watching, just as long as you don't have very high expectations and if you have a fair tollerance for character changes. I have seen every ep currently out (the entire first 2 seasons) and I can't say that it is wow-wow, but it has improved since the beginning.
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:13 pm

I think the best surprise so far was that Bruce's best friend gets turned into
Clay Face. :o
mitsuki lover

Return to General Entertainment