Weinsteins reviving Fraggle Rock with a movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Weinsteins reviving Fraggle Rock with a movie

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue May 13, 2008 11:25 pm

Fraggle Rock movie

Sci Fi Channel wrote:The Weinstein Co. will adapt the Jim Henson series Fraggle Rock into a live-action musical feature, Variety reported. Cory Edwards (Hoodwinked!) will direct the film and write the screenplay. The Jim Henson Co. will produce and The Weinstein Co. will distribute.

Just like the series, the film will be populated by a mix of human characters and Fraggle Rock muppets. It will take the core characters Gogo, Wembley, Mokey, Boober and Red outside of their home in Fraggle Rock, where they interact with humans who they think are aliens. The show premiered on HBO in 1983, ran five seasons and was broadcast in more than 80 countries. It posted strong sales recently when the first three seasons were released on DVD.

Weinstein Co. co-chair Harvey Weinstein, who has been steering his company more aggressively into the family film arena, made the marriage with Lisa Henson, who runs the Jim Henson Co. with her co-CEO brother, Brian Henson. Ahmet Zappa will be an executive producer with Brian Inerfeld.

The deal furthers the relationship between The Weinstein Co. and the creative team behind the animated feature Hoodwinked!. Edwards is reteaming with Hoodwinked! co-writer Tony Leech on the animated alien adventure Escape From Planet Earth, which will mark Leech's directing debut.

Edwards is separately developing a live-action feature adaptation of Cedar Fair's Halloween Haunt franchise, designed to be shot in 3-D by Kerner Optical and produced by Davis Entertainment, Dave Phillips and Tracey Edmonds. That film is looking for a backer.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue May 13, 2008 11:28 pm

April fools!! (I hope?)

Live action? Please tell me live action = still using puppets.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Scarecrow » Wed May 14, 2008 3:43 am

Fraggle Rock was my favorite TV show when I was a wee one.

I'd actually be interested in seeing this if it actually gets done. I'm still waiting for them to finish The Dark Crystal 2 >.<
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Sheenar » Wed May 14, 2008 7:49 am

I loved Fraggle Rock! I really hope this comes to fruition...
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed May 14, 2008 7:58 am

Scarecrow (post: 1226099) wrote:Fraggle Rock was my favorite TV show when I was a wee one.

I'd actually be interested in seeing this if it actually gets done. I'm still waiting for them to finish The Dark Crystal 2 >.<

If Jim Henson (the company, not the guy) has anything to say about it, it'll be done right. If they take advice from Weinstein it'll come out awful.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed May 14, 2008 8:22 am

I'm not looking forward to this at all. The same people that did Hoodwinked? Did anybody actually watch that movie? It was horrid.

This sounds like nothing more than a cash-in attempt to me. And if the Fraggles aren't going to be puppets in this production, well...phooey.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed May 14, 2008 9:37 am

Why wouldn't they be muppets? O_o

From the article:
Just like the series, the film will be populated by a mix of human characters and Fraggle Rock muppets.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed May 14, 2008 11:06 am

ChristianKitsune (post: 1226134) wrote:Why wouldn't they be muppets? O_o

From the article:

When I was shown the thread it was advertised as a live action movie. I didn't really read the article and just had horrible visions of James Franko and Cuba Gooding Jr. painted green and munching on radish scaffolding. :red: Don't mind me.
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby creed4 » Wed May 14, 2008 5:59 pm

i hope they do this well it was one of my favorite shows
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Scarecrow » Fri May 16, 2008 2:22 am

ShiroiHikari (post: 1226128) wrote:I'm not looking forward to this at all. The same people that did Hoodwinked? Did anybody actually watch that movie? It was horrid.

I hated Hoodwinked but not so much the plot. It was just EXTREMELY bad as far as animation. I could barely sit through it with that awful style of CGI. Other than that it wouldn't have been bad. I actually would have really enjoyed it if it was a dark, live action movie or something. Or at least better animation >.<
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Return to General Entertainment