New Narnia Movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

New Narnia Movie

Postby Sparx00 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:10 am

Did any of you guys hear about the new Narnia movie yet? This time, it's the Prince of Caspian. And the best thing is, They got the same cast from the last movie to star in this film! How cool is that?
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:15 am

I believe the trailer can still be viewed in this thread. It does look good, though; more impressive than the last, at least.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Sheenar » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:33 am

I'm so excited to see this! I saw The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe at the theater when it came out --I hope I get to see Prince Caspian at the theater too...
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:54 am

I pulled the trailer off the PS3 site. It looks pretty cool to me.
Mithrandir

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:07 am

Mr. SmartyPants

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:25 pm

My post is basically going to be one of three things:
1) Something wondering about how they'll balance the plot.
2) Something about how films after this one will be difficult.
3) A cop out like this one.
uc pseudonym

Postby Stephen » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:32 pm

Moved to the right board.
Stephen

Postby creed4 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:47 pm

Have known about it for awhile, and can wait
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby sharien chan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:00 pm

I just saw Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe this past weekend. I'm excited! I also am dying to read thebooks since I only read L.W.W in 5th grade.
sharien chan

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:17 am

I'm looking forward to this movie; it looks (from what little one can tell from a trailer) just as good as the first one. I'm also looking forward to this because it'll be one of the few that my entire family can see together.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:32 pm

There's already a Prince Caspian thread.
I'm excited too.
We've only seen the teaser trailer, the full trailer should be available in the not to distant future.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:00 pm

It looks awesome. I have this GIANT book that has all of Chronicles of Narnia and I'm wondering if I should see the movie first and then read it so I don't get angry and throw food at the screen, XD. Hopefully, it won't be terribley different from the book.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Angel Tifa » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:22 pm

Yeah I'm actually looking forward to this film too ^____^. I remember after the first film was released I read all the books and kept wondering "I wonder which book they'll make the movie of next!". Alas it was the fourth book called "King Caspian" which should be great ^^.

Somehow I wasn't suprised considering the first movie was the second book and the first book was "the Magicians Nephew" then the third book was "A Horse and his Boy".
[color="Purple"]God Is Good All The Time :angel:![/color]
Angel Tifa

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:48 pm

I saw the ad that was on tv.To be honest the actor who plays Caspian looks too old for the part.Remember in The Silver Chair Eustace tells Jill that the last time he saw Caspian,"..he was only a few years older than me."This means that since Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader take place within only a couple years of each other that Caspian should have been played by a 11 or 12 year old.Instead it looks like Caspian is being played by someone closer to 18 or 20.
mitsuki lover

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:23 pm

the movie looks quite interesting but hopefully it won't get so caught up in the special effects that it loses its real message. i'm looking forward to its release.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:38 pm

Mitsuki, they wanted someone who looked the part and could actually act. Strangely enough the most suitable person was a lot older (26 years old) but he is still looks younger than he really is. Don't forget the Pevensie kids are being played by older kids too (especially Peter and Susan).
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby TheDreamwalker » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:03 pm

Rushia, you should definitely see the movies first and then read the books. That way, all the stuff that was cut out will just seem like fun surprises. If you do it in reverse, you'll be too occupied thinking of how different it is and what was cut. Though, fortunately, the first movie was quite close to the book, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem I guess...

And that's just what I'd do. XD You can do as you please.

I think Caspian's too old too... ._.; It kind of doesn't make sense. In the book, a lot of what he does is amazing BECAUSE he's a kid.

But ah, I shouldn't count chicks before they hatch. XD It'll probably be awesome regardless.
TheDreamwalker

Postby Lilac#18 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:08 pm

I can't wait to see this movie.:)
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:26 pm

Can I just say that I'd like to see some blood in this one? Please? People bleed when you slice them asunder with a sword. Just a little's fine, really - I'm not enamored with gore by any stretch of the imagination. However, it was ridiculous watching Peter being told to clean a sword so shiny and spotless he could USE IT AS A MIRROR. Kthx?

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:04 pm

I'll be seeing it. I'm hoping it gets a PG-13 instead of a PG, because wasn't the book pretty graphic? I think so.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:07 pm

The book isn't heaps graphic but more than a PG. They said it will get a PG, they said all of them will. I just hope The Last Battle is a PG-13 equivalent. That book just can't be done with a PG.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Kairi » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:21 pm

I just found out (while watching the Christian music awards) that the theme song will be sung by Switchfoot, and it's called "This Is Home". They're one of my favorite bands, so I'm really excited right now. ♥ I think it'll fit the movie nicely.

Anyway, yeah... I'll definitely be seeing this in theaters. It looks even better than the last one, in my opinion.
Kairi

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:54 am

ilikegir33 (post: 1213993) wrote:I'll be seeing it. I'm hoping it gets a PG-13 instead of a PG, because wasn't the book pretty graphic? I think so.

Lol... I dunno which Narnia series you're reading... graphic? Most battles in the series are a paragraph long and no mention of blood or stuff much.

Even the last battle wasn't graphic. But given the much darker tone, I don't see how it could be PG. I don't really care what the rating is as long as its faithful and done well... and better than the first movie >.< The more I watch or think about the first movie the more I dislike it. Mostly cause I feel it was sucked of any imagination or creativity production wise. Some cool looking creatures but not a very artistically well done movie IMO.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby ich1990 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:55 am

Yes, I remember watching tLtWatW in theatres. I then went home and looked up the battle scene in the book; it is a half a page long. In the movie, however, it took up a half an hour.

I haven't read Prince Caspian recently, but it did have some one on one fighting followed with a giant battle didn't it?

Also, I don't see how the Last Battle could be anything but PG-13. I remember a unicorn goreing people with its horn, as well as a the main character frenetically slashing "at any exposed neck or chest". Also there were the dwarves pumping people full of arrows. If they did make it a PG movie, they would have to cut the Last Battle down in size significantly.

As much as I am looking forward to Prince Caspian, I can't help but wonder how long it will be before they make my favorite book (in the series), The Horse and his Boy, into a movie. At least they will be making The Voyage of the Dawn Treader next, that is my second favorite book in the series.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby creed4 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:30 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1208680) wrote:It looks awesome. I have this GIANT book that has all of Chronicles of Narnia and I'm wondering if I should see the movie first and then read it so I don't get angry and throw food at the screen, XD. Hopefully, it won't be terribley different from the book.

I read the Narnia books in about a week, well worth it to read frist
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Kairi » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:26 pm

The official studio recording of the theme song was released today, if anyone's interested.

It's a bit slower than what you usually hear from Switchfoot, but I like it a lot. There are some obvious Christian themes in the lyrics, but... I guess that's no surprise. XD I'm happy it was kept that way for the movie, though.
Kairi

Postby yukoxholic » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:22 pm

I cannot wait for this movie to release here though I'm just irritated that they didn't do the Horse and His Boy to see how it would fly even without the regular kids but I suppose successful sales are better than failure.

I also wish they had done The Magician's Nephew though it's understandable why they didn't do that book since everyone read The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe in school thinking it was the first book in the series. XD

And as far as I have heard/read they're only making 3 movies and doing book-combining in each film. So, after this next film we'll only have one more Narnia release. So sad! ;___; but I could be wrong since details change. As far as I know it's only 3 movies though.

As for the This Is Home by Switchfoot song release I love the band and the song but I think Relient K's "In Like A Lion" (on the Apathetic EP) should've been on the Narnia CD or at least songs inspired by Narnia soundtrack for The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

And is it just me or do they like milk any kind of book film like HP and Narnia for all it's worth with t-shirts, monopoly games, action figures, "inspired by" soundtracks, etc. It's so annoying to me though influential for sales! I just want a good movie not "extras" unless it's movie extras. ^__^
yukoxholic

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:19 pm

Um, what? They plan on doing ALL of the Narnia movies as long as they're successful. What they've been doing is making the movies in the correct (published) order, which isn't all that chronological but it's more interesting and mysterious.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:09 pm

I dunno; I thought they did a pretty good job with the first Narnia movie. I was only disappointed with Aslan and the White Witch, really, and I have my obscure animated version to sate me in those areas >.>

But I am eagerly looking forward to The Horse and His Boy, too. That's also my favorite book in the series ^_^
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:49 am

You were disappointed with Aslan?
Maybe I can understand that a little - not his looks but his 'majesty'.
But the White Witch was brilliant - no crazy, ranting, over-acting woman here (my only complaint is she wasn't seductively beautiful (but she's an amazing actress).
Warrior 4 Jesus

Next

Return to General Entertainment