Updated news on 3D CGI animated Star Wars: The Clone Wars series.

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Updated news on 3D CGI animated Star Wars: The Clone Wars series.

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:19 pm

Reported on ICv2 today.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/12064.html

Star Wars: The Clone Wars' Movie

The Star Wars saga will return to the big screen in a different format as the animated Star Wars: The Clone Wars feature film will debut in theaters on August 15th. The animated feature film, which was produced by Lucasfilm Animation and features state-of-the-art computer animation, heralds the arrival of the new Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated television series (see "Lucas Self-producing 100 Animated Episodes"), which will debut this fall on the Cartoon Network and the TNT cable networks. So far Lucasfilm Animation has produced more than 30 thirty-minute episodes of the new Clone Wars series. New episodes will debut on the Cartoon Network and will have repeat showings on TNT.

Each thirty-minute episode will function as a "mini-movie" with a self-contained narrative that ties in to the overall Clone Wars saga. The series will include familiar Star Wars characters such as Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Padme Amidala along with brand new characters like Anakin's padawan learner, Ahsoka, as well as those great Star Wars villains such as Emperor Palpatine, Count Doku and General Grievous.

Interestingly Lucasfilm is partnering with Warner Bros. for the theatrical distribution of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie rather than Fox, which has been the Star Wars studio from the very beginning of the saga. Warner Bros.' familiarity with the distribution of animated films and its corporate connections with the Cartoon Network and TNT undoubtedly played a major role in Lucasfilm's decision.

The return of Star Wars to both the big and small screens is good news for Hasbro with its extensive line of Star Wars toys, Dark Horse with its stable of Star Wars comics, Wizards of the Coast and WizKids with their Star Wars games, and numerous other companies that produce tie-in Star Wars merchandise.

[color="Red"]Roy Mustang[/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:36 am

Dangit Goerge. Fine, here's my 8.50... I never enjoy these, how do you always talk me in to them?
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:23 am

What? We have a Clone Wars animated series. It pwned faces off. Leave it alone!

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:51 am

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Sweeeeeet. :D
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:11 pm

The trailer is out for the 3D CGI animated Star Wars: The Clone Wars series.

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:24 pm

Hmm. It doesn't look bad, but I wouldn't say it looks terrific, either. I have to wonder how much Lucas is going to milk from Star Wars until he finally just lets it die. As far as I'm concerned, the newer installments aren't that fantastic anyways, so why he feels the need to stretch them out even further is beyond me. Leave me in peace with my original trilogy, please. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:30 pm

The starwars Kid in me will always have hope. I mean, the Force Unleashed, Legacy, and Legacy of the Force series have done some good for the canon lately, so... who knows? Personally, I think they should be using their CG talents to make a movie after RotJ.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed May 14, 2008 12:18 am

Okay, there is the theatrical trailer for the 3D CGI animated Star Wars: The Clone Wars series.

Theatrical trailer

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed May 14, 2008 12:28 am

What's wrong with the existing Clone Wars television series?

Too hand-drawn for your tastes, George Lucas?
Fish and Chips

Postby Kkun » Wed May 14, 2008 8:02 am

If this turns out to be good, I'm sure I'll watch it.

Aw, who am I kidding, if this turns out to be a disaster of Titanic proportions, I'm still going to see it. I must say, though, I'm not entirely keen on the CGI look. I'll have to see it in action as a movie or full episode.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Ashley » Wed May 14, 2008 10:15 am

features state-of-the-art computer animation

I beg to disagree. I saw the character designs and thought I was going to choke. They're so blocky and weird...it's like Pixar doesn't exist or something. I think for once, my hardcore Star Wars fangirl will have to pass.
Ashley

Postby termyt » Thu May 15, 2008 6:09 am

I can't root for Jedi anymore. It's not the wishy-washy "balance good and evil" nonsensical philosophy that does them in. I just now know that they all die really stupidly.

20 minutes on a pod race, but a minute and a half for the deaths of a half dozen Jedi. Cinematic masterpiece.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu May 15, 2008 10:29 am

I actually think it looks really good. The CG is very off looking but somehow it works really well. I can't say its gonna be amazing but i will say i think i'll enjoy sitting threw them like i did for the clone wars movie even though now i can barely watch it. Maybe we can have hope maybe hayden is far far away from the voice over booth.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu May 15, 2008 10:42 am

So...Anakin has a padawan now? BLECH! Sounds like a recipe for epic fail.

Like I've said before, George Lucas needs to be frozen in carbonite before he does any further damage to a franchise that was once great.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu May 15, 2008 4:56 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1226411) wrote:So...Anakin has a padawan now? BLECH! Sounds like a recipe for epic fail.

Isn't Anakin's padawan's fate really obvious from the beginning? I mean, everyone who isn't in the original trilogy is probably going to die. So...what's the point there, again? XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Nate » Thu May 15, 2008 7:24 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1226508) wrote:Isn't Anakin's padawan's fate really obvious from the beginning? I mean, everyone who isn't in the original trilogy is probably going to die. So...what's the point there, again? XD

Actually not true. There was a girl named Kharys. Anakin met her during the Clone Wars, promised to train her after the war was over, and even though he became Vader he still trained her as a Dark Jedi.

This is all of course in the novels and games and comics, but it does go to prove that just because they're a Jedi that's alive before the Great Jedi Purge, doesn't mean they're doomed to die. :p

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu May 15, 2008 9:10 pm

GrubbTheFragger wrote:Maybe we can have hope maybe hayden is far far away from the voice over booth.

Hayden will not be playing the voice of Anakin. Matt Lanter will play the voice for Anakin.

Anthony Daniels and Matthew Wood will return and play their roles from the Star War movies.

Samuel L. Jackson will be back to play the voice of Mace Windu as well.

I read somewhere that Seth Green will play a role in it, but to who, its unknown.

Roy Mustang

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu May 15, 2008 9:34 pm

I'm totally seeing this with my friend.

Star Wars marathooooon! Woot.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby termyt » Fri May 16, 2008 6:18 am

I'd be more enthusiastic if Anakin played less of a role. 3 movies wasn't enough? What about the dozen or so well known Jedi that have had only a few moments of on-screen time? I's much rather see some stroies about them.

Anakin's a whiny, easily manipulated brat.

"Here Annie, have some potato salad."
"I don't like potato salad, it gives me hives."
"Eat this potato salad."
"OK, thanks."

I doubt that opinion will change with new material. Vader even went from "supreme awesome bad guy" to "comedic tragic doof" for me when I watch the original movies.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri May 16, 2008 4:00 pm

termyt wrote:I'd be more enthusiastic if Anakin played less of a role. 3 movies wasn't enough? What about the dozen or so well known Jedi that have had only a few moments of on-screen time? I's much rather see some stroies about them.

The plans are, they will do that as focus on the others as well. I read that in some eps, it will be just about the clones.

But Anakin will still be in it.

Roy Mustang

Postby oro! » Fri May 16, 2008 7:34 pm

I really like the books and video games more than what actually spawned them.:sweat: It wish that they'd movify the after-VI time or something, coz those books were awesome(With the exception of the latest junk where Jacen has to get all evil and stuff for no reason).
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby GeneD » Sat May 17, 2008 3:49 am

oro! (post: 1226869) wrote:It wish that they'd movify the after-VI time or something, coz those books were awesome
I agree. I'd be much more interested in this series if it was set in the post-VI era. Maybe I'm just "prequel'd" out.
GeneD

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat May 17, 2008 8:18 am

Yeah, I've had it with the prequels. What about Luke, Leia, Han and Lando? Are they not cool enough now or something?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Nate » Sat May 17, 2008 12:35 pm

I think the problem is if they did any movies of the post-VI era, people would want the original actors to play the roles. And most of the actors are OLD. Heck Billy Dee Williams is over 70, and the others are in their 50s. I mean c'mon, Harrison Ford is showing his age in the new Indiana Jones movie. I can't imagine him doing Han Solo again.

Nate

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun May 18, 2008 12:51 am

ShiroiHikari wrote:Yeah, I've had it with the prequels. What about Luke, Leia, Han and Lando?

That may still happen. This is the first cartoon from George Lucas's in house cartoon studio and you know that they are not going to waste money on one cartoon.

From what I read and heard, they may look into doing more cartoons base from the Star Wars books, but we will have to wait and see.

The only problem is the voice cast for any other project like this. I can only see Mark Hamill playing a voice, but not Harrison Ford.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]
Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Nate » Sun May 18, 2008 12:56 am

Roy Mustang wrote:The only problem is the voice cast for any other project like this. I can only see Mark Hamill playing a voice, but not Harrison Ford.

Harrison Ford actually has already played Han Solo in a cartoon, in the Star Wars Holiday Special. So he could do it I'm sure.

Nate

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun May 18, 2008 10:36 am

termyt (post: 1226633) wrote:"Here Annie, have some potato salad."
"I don't like potato salad, it gives me hives."
"Eat this potato salad."
"OK, thanks."

:lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Kurama » Sun May 18, 2008 11:04 am

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1226589) wrote:I'm totally seeing this with my friend.

Star Wars marathooooon! Woot.

SOunds awesome! Mind if I join?? =D
Kurama

Postby Kkun » Sun May 18, 2008 11:21 am

I'm going to see it if only to laugh it, good Lord, the character designs are AWFUL. I guess they tried to CGI-ify Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars series...it was even worse when I saw a poster for it at the theatre yesterday. It looks so bad.

I also saw the trailer for Pixar's new film Wall-e and I kept thinking about Ashley's comment about Pixar. Man. I think I'll just go see Wall-e instead. It looks better.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun May 18, 2008 1:17 pm

I don't know that I've ever been overly fond of GT's style of animation to begin with. It works for normal "cartoony" stuff, but you get in to serious things like that and well... yeah.
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Next

Return to General Entertainment