What are you listening to now?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby Kenshin17 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:24 am

Poet and the Pendulum - Nightwish
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:36 am

Image of the invisible: Thrice
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Listening to Thorns - Demon Hunter, again. I can never get enough!

Postby Okami » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:34 am

I like Thorns because of the meaning behind the song. No, it's more than just 'like', it's love, and it's hope. Because it specifically deals with what I've been going through, as I've testified on the Prayer board.

http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/interviews/DemonHunter2007.asp
Specifically,
JfH: Can you tell us a bit about "Thorns" and where the inspiration came from?

Ryan: The song is about cutting or self-inflicted pain of any kind really. I wrote it specifically for girls, actually, but I hope it may reach some males that deal with this as well. The lyrics actually used to say "she" everywhere that there is now a "you." In actuality, it's not inspired by something specific that I knew or heard about. All I knew is that it seemed to be this increasingly popular way of dealing with pain for younger kids these days. In essence, it interested me, because I've never dealt with that sort of thing myself, and I wanted to understand it. All I could think of, was that Christ took on all of our pain so that we wouldn't have to deal with it. I understand pain, but I also understand that redemption and sacrifice overpower pain.

and also in the lyrics spot,
http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/lyrics/new/track.asp?track_id=8735
Behind the Song:
"In the few months before I began writing lyrics for this record, I was hearing a lot about cutting. This, for those who don’t know is the act of inflicting pain on one’s self (often times by cutting with a knife, or burning with a lighter) in order to take their mind off of some emotional pain. Although I don’t personally know anyone who has dealt with this (that I am aware of), the idea of writing a song about it was really placed on my heart. I guess I thought I might be able to speak to some young people about this particular issue. I couldn’t help but draw a connection between someone wanting to inflict pain on themselves and Jesus having been sacrificed so that we wouldn’t need to bare the guilt of sin. My thought was that Christ had already been cut for us, so there was no need for us to inflict pain on ourselves. That work has been paid for in full by the cross. The chorus lyrics hope that this person (represented by a young female in the song) might find this truth in her darkest of times, when she realizes that the emptiness she hoped would leave after inflicting this pain, still remains. Her flesh, broken, is emptiness. Christ’s flesh broken is mercy for us." - Demon Hunter

For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. -Colossians 1:19, 20

You see, as a cutter, I feel Ryan did an exceptionally well job in this song; the Spirit just moves through him in ways I didn't think were possible. Especially since he'd felt called to do a song like this. And in such honesty of the issue at hand. Truly, I have been there. When he sings at the beginning

"Bitter thoughts became your every waking breath
Save the nights your hollow dreams revealed the sweet release of death
In your thoughts you played a symphony of self"

I was there. I felt that; it was nothing but bitter numbness. Many people here at CAA remember a time when I refused to look to the needs of others because I was so deep in my own issues, and sinking. This song explains my every emotion. My arms are marked with lines, each telling a unique, yet similar story. I was so empty. All I found in cutting was more emptiness.

And now, I can testify that it's almost been 5 weeks since I last did it. This song is powerful. Blade and flame did not give the satisfaction I so desired. My blood did not heal the pain I felt. And this song relays that so well. Only Christ can take that all away, and give us peace, give us comfort.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby SnoringFrog » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:39 pm

"Stitches" - Haste the Day
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby kat-su-chan » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:54 pm

I will follow you into the dark - death cab for cutie :P
Psalm 139
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
kat-su-chan

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:17 pm

SnoringFrog (post: 1188938) wrote:"Stitches" - Haste the Day

Good song

I am listening to The crushing Belial by Shadows fall

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Stephen » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:24 pm

Seether-Fake It
Stephen

Postby Tyrel » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:49 pm

Emery - World Away

btw, that's interesting Okami. Thanks for sharing :thumb:
Tyrel

Postby Stephen » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:02 pm

Type O Negative-I don't wanna be me
Stephen

Postby Tyrel » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:41 am

Through the Black - Demon Hunter
Tyrel

Postby Okami » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:48 pm

Tyrel (post: 1189058) wrote:
Emery - World Away

btw, that's interesting Okami. Thanks for sharing :thumb:

[SIZE="1"]No, I don't want to be the one who lives a lie but never knew it...~[/SIZE]
Greaaat. Now that song is stuck in my head! XD

Absolutely, it's my pleasure. That song is so special to me because it literally sings my testimony. Before I'd ever heard the song, I'd cry just reading the lyrics, knowing the truth behind the song. Actually listening to the song, ah, I bawl nearly every time. I can't get enough...
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:51 pm

My Way - Frank Sinatra
Fish and Chips

Postby Stephen » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:06 pm

Cold-Don't Belong
Stephen

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:35 pm

Spin - LIFEHOUSE
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Tommy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:44 am

Between the Buried and Me- Mordecai
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:07 am

Stir in me - Hillsong

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Doubleshadow » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:11 pm

God of Wonders- Third Day and Hillsong
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:06 pm

Holy is the Lord - Chris Tomlin

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Tyrel » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:35 pm

Okami (post: 1189216) wrote:[I][SIZE="1"]Absolutely, it's my pleasure. That song is so special to me because it literally sings my testimony. Before I'd ever heard the song, I'd cry just reading the lyrics, knowing the truth behind the song. Actually listening to the song, ah, I bawl nearly every time. I can't get enough...

yeah, I know what that's like. :thumb:

Composure - August Burns Red
Tyrel

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:45 pm

Ten thousand strong : Iced Earth

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Stephen » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Pink Floyd-Eclipse
Stephen

Postby Danderson » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:56 am

Maps - Falling Up
Danderson

Postby Tyrel » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:44 am

When I go Down - Relient K
Tyrel

Postby minakichan » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:56 pm

Xiao Xiao Da Ren Wu (Fahrenheit)

...All I know is that I grabbed Fahrenheit's (one of the hottest Taiwanese ADULT boyband) latest album, and they do the M I C K E Y M O U S E chant in the middle of it. o_O
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby Tyrel » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:23 pm

The Perfect Night - Haste The Day

{Listening to Everything I have, on Random}
Tyrel

Postby Stephen » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:57 pm

Pink Floyd-Hey You
Stephen

Postby CephasWhite » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:23 pm

Demon Hunter - Carry Me Down

This song brings tears to my eyes.
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby CephasWhite » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:36 pm

Fading Away - Demon Hunter

This is like a hero's song. It's so cool. It's like the person has quit the things that's holding him/her back and decides to go help those who have been at the same place he/she once was.
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby Danderson » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:13 am

Jonah33 - Dying to live
Danderson

Postby Ichigo_89 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:21 am

Emarosa- I Am waves
Ichigo_89

Previous Next

Return to Jam Session