Highlander!!!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Highlander!!!

Postby Scarecrow » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:56 am

Well the recent anime spinoff (Highlander: Search for Vengeance) re-sparked my interest in this franchise. Though the anime left something to be desired (great, beautiful animation... story wise though it was kind of repetitive... and too much pointless nudity), I find the whole basic concept of the series intriguing (you know... the whole immortals fighting for each others heads in "the game" for "the prize" over thousands of years). Plus throw in some awesome sword fighting and the romantic angle and this started out as what could have been one of the greatest movie series ever IMO (too bad they blew it... and more than once I might add. Not to say I hated the sequels but they really butchered a lot along the way)

So... anyone here a fan?
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby battletech » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:10 pm

Yes I am a Highlander fan. I agee with everthing you said. The first movie is the best. The TV show was alot better because they had to leave out the nudity.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Scarecrow » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:45 pm

Actually, I just started watching the show. Put the first season in my queue after watching the anime. I had never seen it before aside from like one or two episodes back when it was still on. But ya, I was tired of waiting for the next disc to come through blockbuster online, I finally just went and ordered the 6 season box set the other day (I have yet to receive it actually). Still on season one at the moment but so far I love it. And the good thing is I hear they pretty much just keeps getting better till like season 5 and then sinks in 6 (and the subtraction of sex/nudity is a plus. Though I was still surprised by the amount the managed to get in the Pilot episode... a bit too graphic I think for TV so I'm guessing this was edited when it aired)

I can honestly see the show surpassing the first movie if it's really as good as they say. It just seems better suited for a series than a movie series. The only reason I wouldn't put it ahead of the first one yet is cause right now it seems the actors are still trying to find the roles, and the writers are still trying to figure out where to take it.
Scarecrow

Postby Stephen » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:26 am

Movie Highlander>TV Highlander.
Stephen

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:21 pm

I liked the first season the best and then they killed off Tessa.I think the only reason why they did that was so that they could give Duncan a
girl a week sort of deal.
mitsuki lover

Postby Scarecrow » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:19 pm

You just wanted to spoil it didn't you :lol:

Scarecrow wrote:Actually, I just started watching the show...

... Still on season one at the moment but so far I love it.

Actually I already figured that... and I'm about 15 years behind so my fault, lol.

BTW, just found out the other day there was a Highlander 5 which was on sci-fi this a couple months ago. I'm guessing its horrible seeing it didn't even make it to theatres. Even the awful Highlander II got to the big screen.
Scarecrow

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:41 am

No,that was made for tv by Sci Fi.
mitsuki lover

Return to General Entertainment