Are they making a new FF movie?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Are they making a new FF movie?

Postby heero yuy 95 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:52 pm

One of my friends at school told me he's seen trailers for a new Final Fantasy movie that would be based on the older series and involve the crystals and whatnot. But when I looked on the internet, i couldn't find anything for it, so i'm pretty skeptical. Is this true?
'listen to me, Grel, these constant failures have been causing me to lose face, and if you keep it up i shan't spare yours!" -Khyron the Destroyer

"why throw away your life so recklessly!"
"that's a question you should be asking yourself, megatron."
-transformers the movie

http://starfoxman.deviantart.com/

^ My Manga!!! Check it out!
heero yuy 95

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:01 pm

I hope not. Their first two attempts at movies weren't exactly what I'd call a success.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Nate » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:54 pm

I'd call Advent Children a success, not necessarily because it was a good movie, but because its sales were really good. Not like Spirits Within which was a total bomb.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby USSRGirl » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:30 pm

AC was good in my opinion, although not much on the plot that Tetsuya didn't ripoff from the original game. However, since every new miserably cheap crappy massed produced SE game now has twenty thousand sequels spawned across every gaming system on the planet, it wouldn't shock me if they were planning an FF5 or 6 movie (you sure your friend didn't mean the OLD FF Legend of the Crystals anime?). So long as stupid FF fans will buy whatever Nomura shells out, he'll keep exploiting them. -.-;;
USSRGirl

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:37 pm

As far as I know there is nothing, but I don't keep too tight tabs on the newest Final Fantasy cash cows. Unless someone else has information, I rather suspect this thread will become random speculation and discussion.

On that note, I think a game based on the older premises might have a better chance of being a decent film. If it isn't based on a specific game, they might have to create a stand-alone plot that would be a bit more respectable. Furthermore, they wouldn't have absurdly popular characters like Cloud or Sephiroth to steal all the screen time or appear unnecessarily (respectively).
uc pseudonym

Return to General Entertainment