Movies You Turned Off Before The End

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:12 pm

bigsleepj wrote:On the whole I can't really think of movies I "turned off" except maybe 2001: A Space Odyssey. Not because it was boring or depressing or anything bad. It's just that whole technicolor nightmare ending was just too much for me. Yes, I turned it off five minutes before the end!

I didn't turn it off, but I did fast-forward through that part. Same with many of the earlier non-speaking parts. Such absurdly slow pacing...
uc pseudonym

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:50 pm

2001 is the only one I can think of where I actually started it and never finished. Usually like to finish movies once I start em but this just went too slow. It was boring IMO. Took like 15 minutes for that space ship to actually land, I couldn't believe it. Dont know why I never fast-forwarded. Turned it off about 1 1/2 hours into it when I found out I still had another hour left.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:32 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:I didn't turn it off, but I did fast-forward through that part. Same with many of the earlier non-speaking parts. Such absurdly slow pacing...

Actually, I liked the movie's slow pace. Quite frankly I admire it.

Most deliberately slow movie I've ever seen though was Aguirre: the wrath of God. The movie is literally "maddening slow", and because of the movie's "descent into madness" subject matter (and maybe because the main actor really was insane) I believe that this is one of the few movies that can drive the viewer crazy. I sat through it, but I knew someone who despite his best efforts just couldn't make it past the first 45 minutes. Movie does have an insane ending, though.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Previous

Return to General Entertainment