Transformers

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Shinja » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:44 am

awesome movie, needed soundwave though
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Souba » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:10 pm

I thought that little cd player was supposed to be Soundwave? If it was I didn't care for his personality makeover. :P
God Bless,
Souba
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby Shinja » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:23 pm

man if that was soundwave im heavily disapointed.
MATT

Shinja

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:36 pm

It was flippin' awesome!

Seriously, that was cool. And it was very funny XD
Shao Feng-Li

Whats starts out with a band ends in Joy robbing disappointment

Postby Solid Ronin » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:30 pm

Ultra Magnus wrote:Solid Ronin - Ah, I see Classics. Just so you know, they are doing more Classics figures, so keep your eyes peeled. :)

Check out this guy's collection:
http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1678
(note: page contains large graphics)

Yeah I heard Ultra Magnus, The moment I see Sunstreaker and Sideswipe I'm graping 'em. I also hope they do Prowl and Jazz, I'm also hoping for More Decepticons. Soundwave, Shockwave, Blitzwing! Then I can set up the a real battle!

As for my thoughts on the movie...

Well...Heres my review I posted on yahoo.

[spoiler=Whats starts out amazing turns to joy robbing disappointment]I'll be brief, This movie starts out kicking and keeps you interested with great action and amazing visuals.

However as I just started in the topic, this has to be quite possibly the most disappointing endings ever. As the Autobots and Decepticons gather for the final battle, you start to get excited as the action keeps coming justifying the child like smile on your face, and when it could get much better...Optimus Prime and Megatron ONE ON ONE! ...This is where things just drop at a 90 degree angle! The battle only last...at maximum 45 seconds! And Optimus Prime is completely out classed through out, no good back and forth, no amazing moment of heroism just Optimus getting smacked around like a 5 year old girl fighting a 3 time heavy weight champion!

There are other things I can say bout the film*... most of which I could forgive had the Megs. and Prime fight been worth watching...but that's all you really need to know.

I've been following this movie since it was announced nearly 3 years ago...I want to cry.

*Such as how the Autobots are almost completely useless in the last fight with the Decepticons....There's more but thats the second most crippling thing.[/spoiler]
Solid Ronin

Postby DragonSlayer » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:09 pm

ilikegir33 wrote:It was really good. I wanna see it again!

lol, I saw twice in less than 24 hours! The had a bunch of other themes, any else catch the terminator -ish theme in there?
Dont ever doubt God. He can help when thing even are impossible for a Human to work out.God can help us with everything, no matter how long it takes, how much it may seem he's not doing, never doubt God.
DragonSlayer

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:12 pm

Solid Ronin wrote:Yeah I heard Ultra Magnus, The moment I see Sunstreaker and Sideswipe I'm graping 'em. I also hope they do Prowl and Jazz, I'm also hoping for More Decepticons. Soundwave, Shockwave, Blitzwing! Then I can set up the a real battle!

As for my thoughts on the movie...

Well...Heres my review I posted on yahoo.

[spoiler=Whats starts out amazing turns to joy robbing disappointment]I'll be brief, This movie starts out kicking and keeps you interested with great action and amazing visuals.

However as I just started in the topic, this has to be quite possibly the most disappointing endings ever. As the Autobots and Decepticons gather for the final battle, you start to get excited as the action keeps coming justifying the child like smile on your face, and when it could get much better...Optimus Prime and Megatron ONE ON ONE! ...This is where things just drop at a 90 degree angle! The battle only last...at maximum 45 seconds! And Optimus Prime is completely out classed through out, no good back and forth, no amazing moment of heroism just Optimus getting smacked around like a 5 year old girl fighting a 3 time heavy weight champion!

There are other things I can say bout the film*... most of which I could forgive had the Megs. and Prime fight been worth watching...but that's all you really need to know.

I've been following this movie since it was announced nearly 3 years ago...I want to cry.

*Such as how the Autobots are almost completely useless in the last fight with the Decepticons....There's more but thats the second most crippling thing.[/spoiler]

i will probably agree with you regarding your comparison of Optimus Prime as a 5 year old girl. however, i still found the movie to be quite entertaining. the comedy was well-placed (at least when it was clean), and much of the early action was well done and very engaging. since you are/were probably a very hardcore Transformers fan, it may not have met your high expectations.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:13 pm

lol solid ronin. The film was awesome.

[spoiler]I thought it was awesome that it was Sam who defeated Megatron, hence making all the Autobots owing Sam their lives. I also highly liked the fact that the humans (and military) were not completely useless. So many movies have the military poointless, ignorant, and not knowing how to deal with a large threat. In this movie, they were of some help.[/spoiler]
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Solid Ronin » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:11 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:lol solid ronin. The film was awesome.

[spoiler]I thought it was awesome that it was Sam who defeated Megatron, hence making all the Autobots owing Sam their lives. I also highly liked the fact that the humans (and military) were not completely useless. So many movies have the military poointless, ignorant, and not knowing how to deal with a large threat. In this movie, they were of some help.[/spoiler]

[spoiler] I had no problem with that....But they were of TOO much help! If the Autobots weren't there we would have prollly won, it was like...We really didn't NEED the Autobots!...Super lame![/spoiler]

Jon_Jinn, It met my expectation all the way up to the last battle...That fight broke the film.

Oh and Shinja...the boombox was Frenzy...Not Soundwave.
Solid Ronin

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:38 pm

Saw it, loved it. Man that was awesome. I can't wait to see where the sequels will go.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:39 pm

i figured that the boombox was supposed to be like one of the smaller decepticons that came out of soundwave

i saw it last night and found it to be very entertaining and i really liked the fact that there was some good bits of humor in there that helped keep things on the lighter side, although i coulda done without some of the dirtier humor and some of the profanity

[spoiler]kinda surprised that they went with a camaro and called him bumblebee rather than hot rod, but alas, what can you do, also kinda surprised that none of them went with the hummer design

i was tremendously relieved to see that megatron did not just transform into a gun or an other tank, that would have been rude and vulgar, on the other hand the fact that he transformed into some sort of space fighter craft made his earlier landing on earth much more plausible
[/spoiler]

in any case, i'll be going to see it again once my sister comes back from her world changers trip, and maybe even a third time if the opportunity presents itself
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:54 pm

Wait, wait, wait, wait. Ryan actually liked a movie that got quite a bit of hype??? Well, that's new.

I'm probably going to wait till my sister gets back from Washington before I go see it, along with the new Die Hard movie. Hurray for double features!!! :D
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Seppuku » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:00 pm

saw the first midnight showing. i expected a bit more than what i got, but i still enjoyed it.

[url=myspace.com/seppukuasylum]myspace.com/seppukuasylum[/url]

"Theres no such thing as trolls!"
Then how do you explain the dead unicorns?
Seppuku

Postby Tommy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:01 pm

I saw this yesterday.

The actions scenes hurt my eyes, but the girl that ends up with Sam redeemed it.

You know what DID surprise me?
The fact that
[spoiler]Sam actually used common sense and stuck the cube in MEGATRON's chest instead of sacrificing Optimus Prime. [/spoiler]
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Animus Seed » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:17 pm

The little boombox was Frenzy. Yup, in the old cartoon, he was one of the cassettes that came out of Soundwave.

I only wish Mirage, Hound, and Wheeljack had been around. :(
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby Sammy Boy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:05 am

Solid Ronin -

I have similar thoughts about the last fight between the two leaders. To save time, I will just point you to the post I wrote on a Transformers fan forum I am part of, and then some of the other forum members' thoughts.

My thoughts:
http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1980&view=findpost&p=19377

Response 1:
http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1980&view=findpost&p=19394

My reply:
http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1980&view=findpost&p=19480

Another member's response (scroll down to where it says "[Quote=Sam]"):
http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1980&view=findpost&p=19577

SorasOathkeeper -
I am afraid I have some bad news (but it could change, who knows) about the sequel:

http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=2011
Sammy Boy

Postby Pinecone Tortoi » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:52 am

Twas a lot cruder than I'd expected - and in really unnecessary ways, too. All those scenes of the girl looking sexy? So not needed. I went to see giant robots being giant robots!

Uh... yup... didn't actually know much about the fandom before seeing the movie - mostly just what the guys I saw it with told me. ^^; So, yes, there is appeal for folks who've not seen the cartoon.

Would I see it again? Hmm... the animation was truly amazing and there were a lot of hilarious/"awww...." moments but quite a lot of the action was too complex to see clearly and the morality was frequently dubious (as was the plot).

Piney.
Pinecone Tortoi

Postby Stephen » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:10 am

Saw it, loved it, would not change too much of it if I could. The film did fans of the original stuff proud. (Not the newer stuff that kinda sucked anyway)
Stephen

Postby Kenshin17 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:12 pm

This movie was awesome off the charts. Optimus was bad XD I loved it. The transformers where sweet.

Optimus was my favorite by far, and Blackout was my fav Decepticon.

Awesome movie. If I can I will see it again.
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby Shinja » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:57 pm

i was a little disapointed with the language, i mean its a movie from a kids show after all, but im looking forward to the sequils!!
MATT

Shinja

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:11 pm

Ultra Magnus wrote:Solid Ronin -

I have similar thoughts about the last fight between the two leaders. To save time, I will just point you to the post I wrote on a Transformers fan forum I am part of, and then some of the other forum members' thoughts.

My thoughts:
http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1980&view=findpost&p=19377

Response 1:
http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1980&view=findpost&p=19394

My reply:
http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1980&view=findpost&p=19480

Another member's response (scroll down to where it says "[Quote=Sam]"):
http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1980&view=findpost&p=19577

SorasOathkeeper -
I am afraid I have some bad news (but it could change, who knows) about the sequel:

http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=2011

Gokuimus puts on some decent points, But still...that fight was the most anti climatic thing I have ever seen.

I'm reading the most recent TF comics...The fight between Megs and Prime in Issue 5 and 6 of Escalation was great.

And just to let everyone know...I still hate this movie.
Solid Ronin

Postby Animus Seed » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:04 pm

Shinja wrote:i was a little disapointed with the language, i mean its a movie from a kids show after all, but im looking forward to the sequils!!

Heh heh heh.

(chuckles, recalling the swear word in the old movie)
Kyrie eléison.
Animus Seed

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:56 pm

Pinecone Tortoi wrote:Twas a lot cruder than I'd expected - and in really unnecessary ways, too. All those scenes of the girl looking sexy? So not needed. I went to see giant robots being giant robots!

For the first half my impression was "sheesh, this movie's so pumped of testosterone >_<" I mean the whole deal with "can't get a car, can't get a girl", and "boys being boys" etc etc. Oy... :/ Oh, and the comment that Sam's mom made about him locking himself in his room was... REALLY unnecessary. Got the crowd laughing, probably in the shocking sense since it was like "WHA?!" Yeah some kids film it was... (and a ton of kids there it was).

Either than a bunch of the cheesyness of it, greeeeeat movie^^ I mean, it's probably one of the supreme action shows of a super large proportion. Dinosaurs are one thing, aliens running around are another, but super sized robots that have bullets actually jump off them? Now THAT'S something else right there! I wouldn't be surprised if they get nominated in next year's Oscar's for best CGI... very impressive^^

EDIT: Oh, another thing I wasn't a fan of was the whole eBay thing. Just... too cheesy/pop culturish for my tastes^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Nate » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:26 am

I saw it, it was amazing. Not much else to say. It was everything I hoped it would be and more.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:57 pm

I was totally blown away by this movie. I went in not expecting much and ended up getting a real treat. It was funny, engaging and a whole heck of a lot of fun.

I don't think they were trying to target kids with this movie, otherwise it wouldn't have been PG-13. I think they were targeting teenagers and adults more than kids-- people my age, people who grew up with the toys and cartoons. Kids can certainly enjoy it, but I, for one, am glad they didn't make it a "kiddie" movie.

It wasn't a perfect movie by any stretch of the imagination. There were some gags that didn't really work ("Oops.") and I still don't like the designs of the Transformers. But what do you expect out of a summer movie, especially a Hollywood movie about giant robots? XD
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:31 pm

ShiroiHikari wrote:
I don't think they were trying to target kids with this movie, otherwise it wouldn't have been PG-13. I think they were targeting teenagers and adults more than kids-- people my age, people who grew up with the toys and cartoons. Kids can certainly enjoy it, but I, for one, am glad they didn't make it a "kiddie" movie.

Which is a good thing, but I feel a little bad for parents since of course it's directed to kids in the sense of anime/toys that have it marketed towards that age (with in midn that there is a huge older fanbase, yes). One of my co workers asked if it would be too gory for his 7 yr old son and I mentioned some swearing here and there if anything, and mentioned Sam's mom's comment and he was like "Whoa I think that's the end of it right there!"

I mean, they CAN still make movies that kids can enjoy too, without making it kiddie, but stuff like that is kinda... unnecessary. Heck, when I was 5 Jurassic Park was my favorite movie, and there wasn't anything kiddie about it^^ Just feel bad that parents don't expect that when bringing their kids to a "sweet robot fighting movie".

Tenshi no Ai

Postby SolidÃ…rmor » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:59 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:Which is a good thing, but I feel a little bad for parents since of course it's directed to kids in the sense of anime/toys that have it marketed towards that age (with in midn that there is a huge older fanbase, yes). One of my co workers asked if it would be too gory for his 7 yr old son and I mentioned some swearing here and there if anything, and mentioned Sam's mom's comment and he was like "Whoa I think that's the end of it right there!"

I mean, they CAN still make movies that kids can enjoy too, without making it kiddie, but stuff like that is kinda... unnecessary. Heck, when I was 5 Jurassic Park was my favorite movie, and there wasn't anything kiddie about it^^ Just feel bad that parents don't expect that when bringing their kids to a "sweet robot fighting movie".

Had you seen the animated movie of Transformers? I only ask because even in the animated film there were a few choice phrases that made it into a G/PG showing. I myself was a little surprised, but it didn't ruin the experience for me.

I thought this movie was fantastic...even though some of the scripting wasn't meant for kids, I don't think a lot of parents took offense to it...granted I'm sure most of the content is something based on what a lot of teenagers go through. But it was meant to add comedy to the movie. Not everything put on screen is going to be suitable for younger audiences...but I feel that if some of it would have been left off then it wouldn't have had the same impact to it. No movie will ever be perfect. But at least to me this one came close.

And the designs were awesomely done, if I want to see block shaped robots I'll watch the cartoons. If I want to see what they probably should look like in real life...I'll watch the movie. I don't know what the gripe is about the designs?
Bless me indeed
Open wide my horizons to share your name
Bless me indeed
Let your hand keep me
from harm and pain
Bless me
Bless me
SolidÃ…rmor

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:08 pm

SolidÃ…rmor wrote:Had you seen the animated movie of Transformers? I only ask because even in the animated film there were a few choice phrases that made it into a G/PG showing. I myself was a little surprised, but it didn't ruin the experience for me.

Actually no I haven't. Curious to know what the word was though^^

SolidÃ…rmor wrote:No movie will ever be perfect. But at least to me this one came close.

Of course not, but it's true it was probably one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Well, actually seen a number of good movies this year. 2007 is just a good year for movies me thinks^^ One of my favs definately^^

SolidÃ…rmor wrote:And the designs were awesomely done, if I want to see block shaped robots I'll watch the cartoons. If I want to see what they probably should look like in real life...I'll watch the movie. I don't know what the gripe is about the designs?

Even fans I know have said "no one would go see them if they were all blocky!" It's easier to animate without millions of gears and wires everywhere. The transforming and movements were absolutely stunning!

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Solid Ronin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:29 pm

Tenshi no Ai wrote:Actually no I haven't. Curious to know what the word was though^^

Of course not, but it's true it was probably one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Well, actually seen a number of good movies this year. 2007 is just a good year for movies me thinks^^ One of my favs definately^^

Even fans I know have said "no one would go see them if they were all blocky!" It's easier to animate without millions of gears and wires everywhere. The transforming and movements were absolutely stunning!

The words started with D for the most part...I think they use a s word as well.

As it comes to the designs...When you know something for that long all the sudden some hot shot director comes and changes stuff...you won't be happy. I has fine with the changes for the most part...cept Megatron.
Solid Ronin

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:39 pm

Yeah, Spike (one of the humans helping the Autobots) shouts the s-word once. Of course, the poor guy is about to be swallowed by a giant, planet-eating robot, so I believe it's forgivable. I know if that happened to me, I would be shouting a few explicitives as well.
WrestlingOtaku

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment