What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby Aka-chan » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:09 am

D.gray-man ch. 124 just came out. Whoa.
Aka-chan

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:08 pm

20th Century Boys, vols. 1 and 2.

I am impressed. XDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:13 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:20th Century Boys, vols. 1 and 2.

I am impressed. XDD

you should be. this manga series is amazing in almost every available aspect. characters, storyline, artwork, it all fits together brilliantly. i hope you enjoy this series. it's one of the best.

anyways:
GTO volumes 12-16
Prince of Tennis volume 20
Rose Hip Zero volume 3
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:32 pm

MasterDias wrote:Silvery Crow

New shonen series by the Samurai Deeper Kyo guy. Only 1 chapter has been translated. so I can't have much of an opinion on it as of yet...but my initial impressions are that it might be a decent if unoriginal title.

Yeah, I read this as well. Right now it hasn't turned me away, but it also hasn't impressed me, which it will need to do within a few months if it wants to retain my readership. I have one comment: there needs to be a series where people talk about some legendary figure in the beginning and it isn't the protagonist.
uc pseudonym

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:40 pm

Tsukihime vol. 1-3

Warning: Manga Nero contains x27 the awesomeness of his Anime counterpart. Seriously. Would that the Anime had a fight scene of this caliber.
Radical Dreamer wrote:20th Century Boys, vols. 1 and 2.

I am impressed. XDD

JOIN THE COLLECTIVE.
uc pseudonym wrote:Yeah, I read this as well. Right now it hasn't turned me away, but it also hasn't impressed me, which it will need to do within a few months if it wants to retain my readership. I have one comment: there needs to be a series where people talk about some legendary figure in the beginning and it isn't the protagonist.

Seconded. And as long as we're on that train of thought, that reminds me of a strange little idea I cooked up with a friend...
Fish and Chips

Postby jon_jinn » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:39 pm

GTO volumes 17-25

yes! i have finally finished the entire series of Great Teacher Onizuka. this is probably the longest series i've finished all the way through, in such a short amount of time!!

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:41 pm

Still reading Bleach vol. 1 , whenever I get the chance.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:55 pm

Still working (quite happily) through 20th Century Boys. I'm up to volume 11 now. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:09 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Still working (quite happily) through 20th Century Boys. I'm up to volume 11 now. XD

Fish and Chips

Postby christianfriend » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:24 pm

Dramacon 3 and fruits basket 17 at the moment. Or waiting to at least. Both of the volumes arn't going to be out for a while it seems. So sad.
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby jon_jinn » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:57 pm

Fish and Chips wrote:Image

XD! XD!! XD!!!

Radical Dreamer wrote:Still working (quite happily) through 20th Century Boys. I'm up to volume 11 now. XD

wow. you've progressed quite far. so, what do you think of this awesome series?

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:58 pm

jon_jinn wrote:wow. you've progressed quite far. so, what do you think of this awesome series?

I am loving it. XD I'm almost done with volume 13 as of now, and I hope to get to 15 before the night's over. XD I'm kind of shooting to finish 22 by, if not before, the end of the week. Volume 12 practically had me on the edge of my seat for the entire last half. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Aileen Kailum » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:10 pm

Rereading Calling You.
Need some excitement and meaning to brighten your bleak existence? Enter the CAA Monthly Manga contest!
(Warning: side affects may/will include irritability, the cramping of hands, frustration, and/or loss of sleep.)

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades
Aileen Kailum

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:26 am

Finished From Far Away 5 and onto 6. It reminds me of almost an early Inuyasha, but one with only 14 volumes WITH an ending^^ Love it^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:34 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:I am loving it. XD I'm almost done with volume 13 as of now, and I hope to get to 15 before the night's over. XD I'm kind of shooting to finish 22 by, if not before, the end of the week. Volume 12 practically had me on the edge of my seat for the entire last half. XD

well, hope you enjoy the series. anyways, after you finish 20th Century, you should consider some of Urasawa's other series. my two recommendations are Monster and Pluto.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:54 pm

Speaking of Urasawa, browsing over RAWs of 21st Century Boys. Looks like the series is gonna wrap up with the next chapter (16).

It'll be the end of an era, folks.
Fish and Chips

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:39 am

Fish and Chips wrote:Image

Mr. SmartyPants

Postby kryptech » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:49 am

I saw Kekkaishi. vol 3 at the library and thought I'd give it a whirl. It was OK. Maybe I'll check out the rest of the series if I'm not able to get anything else interesting.
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:36 pm

I have acquired (but don't know when I'll get around to) several more volumes of Basara and the first four volumes of 20th Century Boys.
uc pseudonym

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:19 pm

Starting volume 20 of 20th Century Boys. XD If all goes well, I'll be finished reading everything that's been translated by later today. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:22 pm

wow. looks like 20th CB is starting to take on quite a few new readers.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Ichigo_89 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:13 pm

Gantz chapter.252
Ichigo_89

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:32 pm

Basara Volume 14

I have acquired volumes 17-20, but to my irritation I cannot find 15 and 16. This is quite irksome, as reading the series out of order is not an option for me. But since I'm stuck at this point...

20th Century Boys Volumes 1-7

Like Monster, I didn't think the premise was very interesting but I'm finding the actual manga to be so. Now I want to know what happens.
uc pseudonym

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:57 pm

Another convert to the Democratic Friendship Party.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vol. 1

The world is slowly ending, and everyone seems quietly resigned to the fact, including the local robotic cafe host.
Fish and Chips

Postby MasterDias » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:10 pm

Not technically manga, but I figure that it sort of counts.

Scrapped Princess light novel - Volume 1

Courtesy of the library. Generally entertaining so far, although perhaps not exceptional.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou vol. 1

The world is slowly ending, and everyone seems quietly resigned to the fact, including the local robotic cafe host.

I think I looked at a bit of that awhile back. Isn't that the one where the story moves really slowly?
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:23 pm

MasterDias wrote:Isn't that the one where the story moves really slowly?

Oh, THAT Manga. How oddly specific of you. Easily distinguishable.

It's slice of life, slowing pacing is to be expected.
Fish and Chips

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:56 pm

Finished vol. 22 of 20CB today. Yes. It has made its way into my favorites. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:07 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Finished vol. 22 of 20CB today. Yes. It has made its way into my favorites. XD

You ought to put that picture in your sig XD.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:00 pm

Unusually for my generation, I'm an early riser. I was up especially early today, not for a specific reason, but let me just put it this way:

20th Century Boys Volumes 8-22
uc pseudonym

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:27 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Unusually for my generation, I'm an early riser. I was up especially early today, not for a specific reason, but let me just put it this way:

20th Century Boys Volumes 8-22

Hahahahahahahaha, that's how I was. XD Sort of...the most I read was about 5 or 6 volumes in one day. XDD It seriously grabs you and doesn't let go, though. XDD

Radical Dreamer

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews