UFC Pay Per Views

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

UFC Pay Per Views

Postby Stephen » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:25 pm

Taken from UFC.tv

They compete against each other as coaches every week for Team Couture and Team Liddell in the new, exciting The Ultimate Fighter™ reality show on Spike TV. Now, Ultimate Fighting Championship® Light Heavyweight Champion Randy Couture and number one contender Chuck Liddell will clash for the UFC World Light Heavyweight Championship in the main event of UFC 52: Couture vs. Liddell 2, Saturday, April 16, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. UFC® World Welterweight Champion Matt Hughes will also fight a previous nemesis when he and Frank Trigg hook up again with Hughes’ title on the line. In their first meeting, Hughes kept the welterweight belt submitting Trigg with a rear naked choke in November 2003 at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn.

Randy Couture vs. Chuck Liddell
Matt Hughes vs. Frank Trigg
Georges St. Pierre vs. Jason Miller
Mike Van Arsdale vs. John Marsh
[B]Patrick Cote vs. Joe Doerksen
Travis Wuiff vs. Renato Sobral[/B]
Matt Lindland vs. Travis Lutter
Ivan Salaverry vs. Joe Riggs

Personaly I cannot wait to see the Hughes Trigg fight, and more awaited, the Liddell Couture fight. I am rooting for Couture all the way. I think its gonna be an awesome evening of fights thats for sure. Anyone else getting this PPV? Lightbringer and I are gonna be getting it.

And to the massive posters that wanted to know about this...the results.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=2691

[SPOILER]
-Mike Van Arsdale def. John Marsh via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
-Joe Doerksen def. Patrick Cote via Submission (rear naked choke) in Round 3.
-Ivan Salaverry def. Joe Riggs via Submission (triangle choke) in Round 1.
-Georges St. Pierre def. Jason Miller via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
-Matt Lindland def. Travis Lutter via Submission (guillotine choke) in Round 2.
-Matt Hughes def. Frank Trigg via Submission (rear naked choke) in Round 1 to retain the 170 lb. title.
-Renato Sobral def. Travis Wiuff via Submission (armbar) in Round 2.
-Chuck Liddell def. Randy Couture via Knockout (punch) in Round 1.

I gotta say I was a bit suprised by Liddell KO'ing Coture...its the first time in Randys career he has ever been knocked out. But, congrats to the new champ...he truely earned it.[/SPOILER]
Stephen

Postby Stephen » Sun May 01, 2005 1:39 pm

Ah, June 4th will be UFC 53 Heavy Hitters. At first, rumors were that Stephan Bonner would be fighting Sam Hoegar. But things fell through, and that fight was scrapped. However, 2 TUF stars will be fighting at this PPV.

- Andrei Arlovski vs Justin Eilers - UFC TITLE FIGHT
- Evan Tanner vs Rich Franklin - UFC TITLE FIGHT
- Paul Buentello vs Kevin Jordan
- Matt Serra vs Karo Parisyan
- Nick Diaz vs Pancrase opponent
- David Loiseau vs Charles McCarthy
- Tim Sylvia vs TBA
- Nate Quarry vs. TBA (UFC veteran who hasn't fought in a while)
- Forrest Griffin vs. Bill Mahood

For now thats the card...as everything in MMA it can change many times before fight day...but it looks good to me. I cannot wait to see Nate Quarry fight...and Forrest. It should be a great PPV.
Stephen

Postby ~IYQ » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:39 am

Didn't mean to bump something so darn old, but I thought it would be less a crime than starting a new thread.

I watched the first Ultimate Fighter season, but pretty much nothing else since then...until about a week ago. Now I'm hooked. I haven't watched enough to pick any real favorites, but I'm pretty excited about tonight's PPV.

I don't know what to make of Tito Ortiz. I read an article on Yahoo! about him complaining about the payoff for these fights. I kind of assumed he would have a following of haters after that?
It's pretty obvious to me-- live action Yuki would be played by Michael Jackson.
~IYQ

Postby Stephen » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:47 am

Tito has haters, because he talks too much crap about other fighters. (I am at this moment, wearing a Tito Team Punishment shirt) But, I like him. Because he is fun to watch.
Stephen

Postby Tommy » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:35 pm

Fun to watch cry and act like a little sissy maybe.

I'm not saying I could kick his butt, but he seems to have the maturity of a 12-year-old.

Fighters and their lame trash talk.

BTW Steve, I love your new avatar.
Tommy

Postby Stephen » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:50 pm

The crying thing, eh. People bash fighters for crying after fights...but to be honest, after fighting the amount of chemicals in your body...it does stuff to you. Boxers, MMA, fighting is a very emotional thing. I have never cried after a grappling match, but you do feel funny. And if I feel funny grappling infront of like 10 people, imagine the work put into training for a fight for months and months, all up to one huge moment. Win or lose, its emotional.

Trash talk, is part of fighting. Ali, Tyson, Foreman, Frasier, etc. It is rare a guy comes along, and lets his fighting do the talking. (Randy Couture, Fedor) I think Tito is a very smart guy. He has managed to keep his face and name infront of people, even after tough losses. Why? Because he pisses people off. People like to see him get hit, when he talks smack. I saw a cool thing on ESPN earlier where he was explaining his smack talk. The dude is actually a great coach. I think it was season 2 of the Ultimate Fighter show where he coached alongside Ken Shamrock. That really showed how much he cares about helping others. The arrogance, the smacktalk...its all camera work. He is his own self promoter. This fact is proven by the fact that because of his smacktalk, he has you talking about him. Any attention is good attention somtimes. It keeps him getting a paycheck to fight. Rather then getting shuffled into undercards or smaller shows.

Btw, he ended up fighting to a draw tonight with Rashad. The post fight conference had Dana White announce in October they will fight again. The fight was a draw because in Round 2, Tito grabbed the fence after being warned. He lost a point for this, and in the end the fight was a tie because of it. Had he not grabbed the fence, he would have won a decision.
Stephen

Return to General Entertainment