can you name strange people back in the 50's or 60's

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

movie stars disbehavior

Postby tokiklok » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:15 pm

anyone used to like shania twain? i loved her first two old CD's but recently i have heard a few things from my mom that doesnt make me like her so much any longer.

she cheats on her husband plus she has a baby! { my mom has a freind that drives the tour bus for shania and he knows alot of things like that.} :shady: it makes me sick.

what happend to decent movie stars now in days and paris hilton is another one i dont like too much, she gets locked up for 23 days, big whoop! us normal folks get locked up and have to pay the full price!

does any of you people feel the same way about paris and shania?
Made by Seppuku ^-^

tokiklok

name strange people back in the 50's or 60's

Postby tokiklok » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:16 pm

I have been wondering does anyone know anything about the 'strange' dr demento?

the only song i know that he sings are " hello mother and their coming to take me away ha ha." :sweat:
Made by Seppuku ^-^

tokiklok

Postby Tommy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:21 pm

Dr. Demento does not originally sing that song.
I know who he is.
Tommy

Postby AsianBlossom » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:46 am

Yeah, my dad has a CD of his. It has a bunch of songs on it from various artists just singing weird things. In fact, Weird Al's song 'Eat It' (I think it was) is on there. There's other stuff like 'King Tut' by Steve Martin, 'Earache my Eye' by Cheech and Chong, and the like. 'Star Trekkin' is also pretty funny, though I can't remember at the moment who sings that.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby AsianBlossom » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:55 am

Well, Shania, Paris, and all the other celebs whether they be TV stars or not need prayers just like everyone else. The only reason we're shocked about their sins is because they're broadcast on TV and such. I've never really been a fan of Shania but as for Paris, I'm glad that something at least happened. She said something about acting immature and that this experience has taught her something. So I'm not going to beat down on her too hard or anything...

Besides, we shouldn't be judging people just because they commit sins. We all commit sins, and it's like what Jesus said when the elders and other officials were trying to stone a woman caught in the act of adultery: "Let the one among you who is without sin cast the first stone." And everyone knew that was not possible so they all left, leaving Jesus with the woman, the latter being forgiven of her sins by the former, because not even He condemned her. This gives all of us humans hope, doesn't it? :)

I'm not saying that I'm condoning anything either of the two does, but what I'm saying is "love the sinner, hate the sin". Maybe they just don't know any better because no one ever taught them morals as they were growing up. If a child is raised in a certain environment, maybe that's all they ever know unless they break out of it themselves. Anyways, I just say to pray for them.

EDIT: Now, if they're condoning sins in their music, you shouldn't be listening, but still...

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:24 am

tokiklok wrote:I have been wondering does anyone know anything about the 'strange' dr demento?

the only song i know that he sings are " hello mother and their coming to take me away ha ha." :sweat:

Dr. Demento is a radio host personality for novelty songs and parodies. I don't believe he actually sang any of the featured hits, though.
Fish and Chips

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:28 pm

This thread has been merged with the other in this forum with an almost identical title and similar subject matter. Posts #2 and #5 are from the merged thread and should be read separately from the others.
uc pseudonym

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:06 pm

So what is this thread supposed to be really about?The title is:Can you name strange people back in the 50's or 60's but so far none of the posts have anything to do with the 50's or 60's.I think the thread title should really be changed to reflect the actual content of the posts.
mitsuki lover

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:29 pm

Ask tokiklok (if you weren't in the previous post, anyway). I'll change the title if I see the need.
uc pseudonym

Postby Puguni » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:38 pm

It's hard to find "decent" movie stars in any decade relative to the norms back then. Frank Sinatra wasn't that great of a guy, I heard tell, for example.

Also, no one, as in the general public, really cares about the "decent" actors. They'll cluck in shame at Lindsay Lohan and Hilton, but they'll keep watching in interest nonetheless. And that, my friend, brings in the money.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby AsianBlossom » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:16 am

Does anyone know about Audrey Hepburn's life? I had heard something, but it was that she was a good person, only I wish someone could verify that for me. So please don't start attacking me or going "Are you crazy?? She was--" and then start naming bad stuff she did if I'm wrong.

Sorry, just don't want to have to deploy my defense shield if I'm saying the wrong thing.

AsianBlossom

Postby tokiklok » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:17 pm

i'm apolgize
Made by Seppuku ^-^

tokiklok

Return to General Entertainment