evan v.s bruce allmighty

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

evan v.s bruce allmighty

Postby tokiklok » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:49 pm

i have seen both, i think jim carrey should have been in evan allmighty, but steve carrel was the protagonist, critic's gave that movie a c- overall on yahoo, but overall its not that bad.

which movie is better evan allmighty or bruce allmiighty?

in the evan allmighty he was less cocky then bruce was. The main flaw with evan was that he didn't spend time with his family, and was fighting god more than bruce,

However both rocked
Made by Seppuku ^-^

tokiklok

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:49 am

Well if they did the same formula in Evan Almighty, it would be repetitive. If Evan were given God-powers, than it wouldn't be an original film.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Okami » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:04 am

I'mm seeing Evan later, or tomorrow, or Tuesday...whenever, soon enough. So I'll get back to this later ^_^
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:23 pm

I would like to point out that Morgan Freeman is the first actor to play God since
George Burns back in the Oh! God movies with John Denver.Really it would be fun to sit back and compare and contrast the difference between how Freeman and
Burns play God.
mitsuki lover

Postby Seppuku » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:11 pm

I love the way Morgan plays God. He's so suave.

[url=myspace.com/seppukuasylum]myspace.com/seppukuasylum[/url]

"Theres no such thing as trolls!"
Then how do you explain the dead unicorns?
Seppuku

Postby tokiklok » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:14 pm

morgan freeman is a respectable actor
Made by Seppuku ^-^

tokiklok

Postby Seppuku » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:21 pm

And a great narrator, any how getting back to subject..

I have to say Bruce is more hilarious and re-watchable, but Evan has a better moral message.

[url=myspace.com/seppukuasylum]myspace.com/seppukuasylum[/url]

"Theres no such thing as trolls!"
Then how do you explain the dead unicorns?
Seppuku

Postby Danderson » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:05 pm

I've heard it's cleaner then it's predeccessor....yet still entertaining...

But, like most movies I want to watch, I'll probably wait till it comes out on DVD...
Danderson

Postby Okami » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:20 am

"Is it too much to ask for a LITTLE percipitation?!" XDDD

Went and saw it last night, I like it :3 I havent seen Bruce in a while...So I'ma gonna do that later.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:34 am

I didn't really appreciate Bruce Almighty...but that's just my personal opinion.

I don't know why this is called Evan Almight either...because Noah was never as Great as God. O_o I guess just to go along with the theme...but still.

it looks a little better than its predacessor
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:35 pm

Maybe because they were thinking franchise with the title.
mitsuki lover

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:12 pm

i saw Evan Almighty yesterday night and i think that Bruce Almighty wins, hands down.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:36 pm

It's a biblically themed movie about environmentalism written by the "Kung Pow" guy... O_o

Oh, and it's universal production, so a loss for them is a win for me, heh.

Seriously, though, it looks sort of interesting, but... It's doing pretty badly... It's opening, while it took the lead for its weekend, was abysmal compared to their incredible budget. They'll never come close to making it back unless they, like, recruit churches to get people to watch it... Not as likely to happen as it was with "Passion of the Christ" for several obvious reasons.

Bruce Almighty, on the other hand, was the win, except for the line about "A mother taking care of her child is a real miracle"

That sorta made me queasy... Miracles are things that God does beyond the natural laws. God's use of natural things to intervene is called "Providence" and it sort of degrades miracles to say that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:17 pm

I've read some really negative things about this movie...there are some redeeming values...but there are a few instances that make me go: O_o What?!

I read that they sort of downplay God's holiness in this movie, and that they "god" says "The first flood was out of love, not wrath." but it says in Genesis that it was both?

I might see this on DVD, but right now i am like "ehh"
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Adie » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:31 pm

I saw Bruce Almighty a while ago, and I thought it was okay. It's a fun movie, but I don't think I enjoyed it enough to see it a second time.

I'm still not sure if I'll see Evan Almighty or not.
Adie

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:20 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Bruce Almighty, on the other hand, was the win, except for the line about "A mother taking care of her child is a real miracle"

I would that line to mean something less literal than presented. Look at our world, with all the crap going on, it truly is a miracle that some mothers take care of their children.

ChristianKitsune wrote:I read that they sort of downplay God's holiness in this movie, and that they "god" says "The first flood was out of love, not wrath." but it says in Genesis that it was both?

Perhaps. But if you watch it, you'll probably change your mind.

Really, there wasn't really anything iffy. If anything, it was promoting Christian values.

There's never going to be a Perfectly-Christian film out there, nor are there many "Christian" films out there to begin with. I think people should be happy that something like Evan Almighty is out. I really don't see why people are so uptight about it.
Mr. SmartyPants

Return to General Entertainment