Creature Comforts

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Creature Comforts

Postby Danderson » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:37 am

Did anyone watch the season priemere of Creature Comforts on CBS last night?

Creature Comforts works like this: Normal everyday people are interviewed about just any subject imaginable, and later their voices are lipsynched to a variety of claymation animals. It may sound childish, but the animation is absolutly astounding (what else would you excpect from the guys who made Wallace and Gromit) and often the results of the lipsynching are ROTFLOL funny...
Danderson

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:36 am

What? You only get Creature Comforts now? We've had it for about 3 years here. Good stuff though. You've got to love the British, they're pretty much good at anything.
Some of their stuff is hit and miss, although most of CC is spot on.
Hilarious too.

Highly recommended if you enjoy stuff like Wallace and Gromit.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby rocklobster » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:13 am

I watched it. I loved the part where the snake was talking and you could see and hear the cats moving inside him. ANd the lizard telling doctor jokes was pretty good too.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:57 pm

Season premier? Creature Comforts is rather old. Handled by the studio that did Chicken Run and Wallace and Gromit, if I remember.
Fish and Chips

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:01 pm

The original Creature Comforts short is about 10 mins long and from the late 80s. But this is a series made much later using the same concept.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:30 am

I watched some of them on youtube...what time does this come on CBS?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:59 pm

At 7/8 Central and Mountain on Monday night.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:15 am

Kinda wondering if some of you know what "Season premiere" means. It's the premiere of this season, not of the show completely... There was a season premiere for the simspons within the last year sometime... I think a lot of people here are thinking "series premiere" or the pilot or something...

Still, never heard of the show until today... I dont' watch networks, when I watch TV, except fox (simpsons, King of the hill, '70s show) Looked this up on youtube... Interesting... It's like that realaudio thing on SNL, only I guess Creature Comforts is older, so they came up with the concept...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby AsianBlossom » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:14 am

I love Wallace and Gromit (haven't seen the movie yet though, but the original cartoons were great), and I've heard about this but haven't seen it yet! Sounds funny though...

And is anyone else ticked that Aardman is moving away from claymation? Just wondering, because it's an artform hardly anyone else still does.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:57 pm

I really love almost anything by Aardman, even *gasp* Rex The Runt! *shudders* That show is pretty raunchy but it's extremely funny.

BTW they did Flushed Away, which is CGI. But they used clay models for the characters.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby AsianBlossom » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:32 am

Yeah, I know, but my point was that the movie was done in CGI rather than clay, which is what they have done up to this point. That's why I'm upset, because I don't know if they're going to completely abandon claymation for CGI.

Raunchy? They made something raunchy? *knows to avoid* Thanks for warning me.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:53 am

Ppppht... Rex the Runt raunchy? No way. It's a little adult-themed compared to Aardaman's Wallace and Gromit, but nothing crazy (it's still PG).
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Maledicte » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:00 pm

Darn! I missed it!
Off to Youtube!
Maledicte

Postby Danderson » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:37 pm

Ok, does anyone know if the show just got canceled?...

Why do I ask?.....Well, I was going to watch it at it's regular time tonight.....only to turn the tv on and see that something else was on instead.....I even took a look in the tv listings just to make sure I wasn't going crazy....

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?......(and yes, I can survive without tv, but it's really disapointing to learn that in it's place is two episodes of "The New Adventures of Old Christine" which is baisically another stupid raunchy clone of the modern American sitcom).... :rant: .....Ok, I feel better now that I got that off my chest...
Danderson

Return to General Entertainment