harry potter

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

harry potter

Postby tokiklok » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:12 pm

when is the next movie coming out?
Made by Seppuku ^-^

tokiklok

Postby shade of dae » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:52 pm

I went on wikipedia, and according to them,

The Order of the Pheonix is coming out July 11th 2007

The Half Blood Prince is coming out November 21st 2008

the last movie's production has been confirmed but a release date hasn't been set yet. hope that helped!
MAL

What call have I to dream of anything?
I am a wolf. Back to the world again,
And speech of fellow-brutes that once were men
Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.
-C.S. Lewis
shade of dae

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:19 pm

Ooh, HBP will come out just before I get my BS degree... Heh...

I'm a lot more excited about the book, but I DO like the movies... I'll see Order of the Phoenix on its opening day, if possible...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:02 pm

I've never been able to understand why people insist on seeing a movie the day it comes out. I mean, the theater will be packed! It'll be stuffy, and hot, and noisy, and if you're with the right crowd they'll ruin the movie for you by cheering or booing or laughing and whispering. I say, wait until the second or third week, then see it when there's less people. I've even seen some movies so late that it was in the VIP salon, which is really small and much more comfortable than the regular kind.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:01 am

Considering the films have been getting progressively worse, while the books are getting more and more interesting, I think I'd rather wait in line at the bookstore than the movie theater.
Fish and Chips

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:06 am

Front row seats for Borders please!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:26 am

Fish and Chips wrote:Considering the films have been getting progressively worse, while the books are getting more and more interesting, I think I'd rather wait in line at the bookstore than the movie theater.

Hmm... I thought Goblet of Fire was great. I guess people just get anal about books, like all the people who raged about Tom Bombadil not being in the Lord of the Rings movies. I admit Madeye moody was a bit cheesy, but Voldemort was incredible. I loved how they wouldn't flat out show him in any trailers leading up to the release.

Order of the Phoenix is going to be iffy... Such a long book condensed into such a short movie, but as a lot of people have said, Phoenix was a very bloated book. A lot of it could have been stripped out without ruining the book. Also, it's the same case where casting for one character is really incredible (Luna) and one is sorta iffy (Umbridge).

I'm looking forward to Order... It'll be great to have Gary oldman back (cough) and I really want to see how they pull off Detention with Dolores... It will be VERY hard to reproduce the loathing I felt for her when I read the book, but I hope they can come close.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Kkun » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:24 am

Yeah, I'm with Bob. I freaking loved the movies, even the newest one. They're just cutting more out. I haven't read the books, though, so I guess that's why I'm not all that affected by it.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:14 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Hmm... I thought Goblet of Fire was great. I guess people just get anal about books, like all the people who raged about Tom Bombadil not being in the Lord of the Rings movies. I admit Madeye moody was a bit cheesy, but Voldemort was incredible. I loved how they wouldn't flat out show him in any trailers leading up to the release.

"Anal about the books?" Not particularly, I know a lot ends up on the cutting room floor, and that's fine. But, Goblet of Fire just felt incredibly rushed to me; Moody was pretty much ruined, and Voldemort was underwhelming, and of course, certain members of the younger cast still can't act. Seeing as how the books get longer and longer with every year at Hogwarts, I shudder to think how they're going to need to shuffle, squeeze and compress the last three films.
Fish and Chips

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:12 pm

[quote="Fish and Chips"]"Anal about the books?" Not particularly, I know a lot ends up on the cutting room floor, and that's fine. But, Goblet of Fire just felt incredibly rushed to me]

Well, Phoenix is the longest... It won't be getting any longer than that. Half Blood Prince wasn't as long as Phoenix. Voldemort underwhelming, though? I would have to say it is very much up to taste. I think Voldemort was perfect in Goblet of Fire, though I was annoyed by Moody for sure, but Krum and Cedric were pretty good... Moody was the worst transition so far. As for the new film, Luna makes up for Umbridge, I think... She was cast absolutely perfectly, from what I've seen. Which is good, because she is my favorite character in the books.

It's funny, though... My old roomate, huge potter fan, hated movie 4 and book 4 was his favorite... Why'd he hate it? It was too slow, he said...
Bobtheduck

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:19 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:Well, Phoenix is the longest... It won't be getting any longer than that. Half Blood Prince wasn't as long as Phoenix. Voldemort underwhelming, though? I would have to say it is very much up to taste. I think Voldemort was perfect in Goblet of Fire, though I was annoyed by Moody for sure, but Krum and Cedric were pretty good... Moody was the worst transition so far. As for the new film, Luna makes up for Umbridge, I think... She was cast absolutely perfectly, from what I've seen. Which is good, because she is my favorite character in the books.

It's funny, though... My old roomate, huge potter fan, hated movie 4 and book 4 was his favorite... Why'd he hate it? It was too slow, he said...

Yeah, Krum was well cast. Can't remember Cedric too well.

And then again, I'm not the biggest fan of Voldemort either. In any case, I just think they overplayed the whole snake theme.
Fish and Chips

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:37 pm

I can only say that I hope Dan Radcliffe's learned enough about acting by now to play the ending well. Those who've read the books and seen a certain emotional scene in the third movie will understand my anxiety.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Return to General Entertainment