Spiderman 3?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu May 17, 2007 9:27 pm

Finally saw it, still attempting to sort out all the mishmashing plotlines, fight sequences and angst O_o

Overall it wasn't as bad as I had feared and it definitely beat X-Men 3, but did the movie really need three villains? I found Spiderman 2 frustrating enough at times since Doc Ock's scenes felt shoehorned in with Peter's identity crisis.

My suggestion: cut Sandman and Gwen Stacy, substitute Felicia Hardy if you really need a love interest (plus you get a quasi-villain with the Black Cat) I think that a Green Goblin II/Venom set would have made more sense. The Osbourn plotline has been demanding a resolution for a while now and it could've been dark enough to simply have Peter fighting his best friend.

[spoiler]The retcon with Uncle Ben's killer frustrated me to no end and while I liked Sandman and the special effects were stellar, his plotline felt completely out of place. I wouldn't have minded seeing Flint Marko in another (less crowded) Spiderman film. I also wish they'd given Venom alot more screentime and made him a bit more threatening, he went down way too quickly.[/spoiler]

But what's done is done. I'm just glad that Harry wasn't anywhere near as irritating this time around and the MJ and Peter romance was slightly more interesting. Emo-Peter was very strange, but maybe I'll just cop his lame attempt at being evil up to him still being a complete dork at heart. Er, and what was with all the singing and dancing?

Also, it's a shame that the Jameson magic wasn't quite there this time around. But maybe that was just me. Heh, and massive huzzahs for Bruce Campbell, he still completely rocked.

Edited: Because spoiler tags might be appropriate ^^;
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat May 19, 2007 11:41 am

Who's Bruce Campbell?

Emo-Peter was hilarious XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Kkun » Sat May 19, 2007 1:38 pm

Bruce Campbell.

I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Tommy » Sat May 19, 2007 8:53 pm

Kkun, have I told you you're the coolest guy ever?

A Chainsaw can remove limbs and ask as a replacement...

OLD SPICE!
Tommy

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat May 19, 2007 9:49 pm

You know, not everyone is going to be satisfied with a movie adaptation of anything, be it book, comic, game, or whatever. So basically you should just take the movie as a movie, and if it holds up, forget about what they didn't do and look at what they did. Like Lord of the Rings. Sure, they left out Tom Bombadil and changed some things around, but all three were still really good movies. As a contrast, the Harry Potter movies are frankly pretty horrible movies, just from a movie standpoint. They don't explain some of the most important points of the story.
As for Spiderman 3, not knowing the comic books, I can say with full certainty that it was a pretty good movie. I would definitely have cut the dancing-down-the-street scene shorter (it looks like a commercial or something), and I've always groaned inwardly at the "romantic" parts of the Spiderman movies. Other than that, however, it was a good movie. Considerably better than the second one, and with certain elements at the end, maybe even better than the first. Maybe.
[spoiler]How can you say that Spiderman saying, "I forgive you" is lame? At least be glad he forgave. The scene where M.J. says, "Tell me you love me." and Peter says, "I love you." is considerably lamer than that. And aren't you glad that Harry and Peter were reconciled before Harry died? Doesn't it just tug at your heart that a man who hated his friend so much that he tried to kill him would come to his rescue, even give up his life?[/spoiler]
I'm sorry in advance if I'm offending anyone. I got rather worked up after this movie. That in itself should be enough to say that this movie has something to it, right? The only part that got me emotional in the first movie was when Ben died, and my response to the second one was, "I don't think I want to see that one again."
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat May 19, 2007 10:00 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Like Lord of the Rings. Sure, they left out Tom Bombadil and changed some things around, but all three were still really good movies.

This is completely off topic, but I was SO glad they left Tom Bombadil out of those movies. XD I hated that part in the book.

Anyways, I generally agree with the rest of your post. The only thing I disagree with is that I absolutely loved the second Spidey, though. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tommy » Sat May 19, 2007 10:56 pm

I pictured Tom Bombadil looking like Peter Pan with a gigantic ZZ-Top-styled beard singing like a pansie.

Doesn't fit the dark atmosphere of that trilogy, even if my mind's version is far off.
Tommy

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Sat May 19, 2007 11:42 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:Also, it's a shame that the Jameson magic wasn't quite there this time around. But maybe that was just me. Heh, and massive huzzahs for Bruce Campbell, he still completely rocked.

Actually, I thought J.J. was great in this one (well, I think he was great in all of the Spidey-flims... >.>), especially his first scene and his interaction with the girl in the fight at the end. And yes, Bruce Campbell rocked.

I actually think that the second is the best movie of the trilogy. Doc Ock is still the greatest Spidey villain ever.
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Ashley » Sun May 20, 2007 6:43 am

I'm sure I'd have a more definite feeling on Spidey 2 if I could remember more of it...quite frankly, I really can't. I do remember, however, that someone told me once I looked like Mrs. Doc Ock. :drool:
Ashley

Postby Tommy » Sun May 20, 2007 6:54 am

Did Bruce Cambell have a cameo appearence in the first?
Tommy

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun May 20, 2007 7:04 am

Know what? All I gotta say is this.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun May 20, 2007 9:19 am

Etoh*the*Greato wrote:Know what? All I gotta say is this.

I believe I have something to add to that.

Soooo gooooood.
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Sheol777 » Sun May 20, 2007 9:59 am

Tom Dincht wrote:Did Bruce Cambell have a cameo appearence in the first?

He was in all 3.

1) Wrestling match announcer.
2) Usher for MJ's play.
3) "french" waiter.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Tommy » Sun May 20, 2007 10:38 am

Oh yeah, he WAS the wrestling announcer.
Now I remember.
Tommy

Postby Ashley » Sun May 20, 2007 1:20 pm

Know what? All I gotta say is this.

That was my favorite part of the movie. I laughed SO HARD during that segment, and a not small portion of that amusement is because I knew that's the way a certain Cap'n Nick dances. XD
Ashley

Postby The Liar XIII » Sun May 20, 2007 1:44 pm

I did some research:

[SPOILER]Venom 99.9% survived the explosion.
Remember, Eddie was in contact with the Symbiote, and Symbiotes can pretty well survive sudden-quick blasts of fire. During the explosion, the symbiote possibly protected Eddie. The Symbiote could of bonded with Eddie and quickly spun away while the fire cleared.(Leaving no trace)
Eddies woulds would of been cleaned and healed by the Symbiote.

So, Venom may have survived[/SPOILER]
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun May 20, 2007 2:07 pm

If there are any more movies in the series, I'd say Venom definitely survived. Even if Eddie died, if any of the symbiote remained it could find a new host. Like I said, the way he was worked for this movie, but I expect him more in proper form if he has another appearance.
uc pseudonym

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun May 20, 2007 3:41 pm

[SPOILER=Venom]Not only that, but a small portion of the symbiote is still in Dr. Connor's lab. I'm assuming that'll get out and create Venom #2, if that's the direction the story takes.[/SPOILER]

Radical Dreamer

Postby Ashley » Sun May 20, 2007 5:16 pm

Anarchy, how do you explain:

[spoiler] the skeleton that went up in flames. It was during the explosion, just off to the right side...you could see his pelvis and spine disintegrate. [/spoiler]

I suppose they could ignore that, or go with what RD said, but I would be a little miffed.
Ashley

Postby Kkun » Sun May 20, 2007 5:27 pm

You know, guys, I really just have to add that whatever you thought about the dancing scene, Bruce Campbell was amazing in this film.

He dug it enough to be in it. That's all that matters.

Also, through movie magic and some extreme reaching in logic, I'm sure that Eddie Brock could be...you know...

[spoiler] not exploded.[/spoiler] Actually, I'm trying to remember but can't the symbiote [spoiler] reconstruct DNA or something crazy like that?[/spoiler]
Kkun

Postby Tommy » Sun May 20, 2007 6:03 pm

Look up the past of Carnage on wikipedia and yu'll see how Venom surviving plays a big role in how they could set up Carnage.

Plus, you know the Lizard HAS to appear in one of the movies.
Tommy

Postby Nate » Mon May 21, 2007 12:23 am

Actually, if we go by the original Venom symbiote (which I'm assuming it is, since it was weak to sonic waves), the symbiote has two very large weaknesses. Sonic waves, and fire.

So saying that the symbiote can survive large blasts of fire, probably isn't true. In fact, it's really one of the symbiote's biggest weaknesses. Except in the Ultimate Marvel universe, in which case its weakness is electricity.

So yeah...the argument that it's protected against fire is weak.

If Venom survived, it'll be because the writers said so, and no other reason. XD

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon May 21, 2007 1:04 am

In checking "similar threads" I came across Volt's "What went wrong in spiderman 2" thread... Just bringing it up because of how upset some people are over this one, apparently there were people that didn't like spidey 2!

And, judging by people's posts here, he'd probably incurred most of your wraths... Well, mine too (not wrath, but disagreement) because while I love Spidey 3, Spidey 2 is the best movie in the series. 2>3>1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Kkun » Mon May 21, 2007 9:51 am

Spidey 2 was the best of all of the Spiderman movies, but 3 had the best Bruce Campbell cameo.

Kkun

Postby Stephen » Mon May 21, 2007 11:31 am

I've decided Jamie only posts on this thread anymore, to use funny pictures of Bruce Campbell. How lame of you Jamie...

......SUCKER-FLYING-BRUCE CAMPBELL-CRANE-KICK!!

Stephen

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon May 21, 2007 12:34 pm

Nate wrote:If Venom survived, it'll be because the writers said so, and no other reason. XD

That's the thing, though. The writers could say this Venom is weak to vibrations and lightning instead of fire, or just about anything they wanted. I'd say there isn't a way to make any real argument about whether or not it survived.

Tom Dincht wrote:Plus, you know the Lizard HAS to appear in one of the movies.

I've been wondering about that. Is he just there as a cameo for comic book fans, or are they setting him up for eventual use?
uc pseudonym

Postby Kkun » Mon May 21, 2007 5:02 pm

ShatterheartArk wrote:I've decided Jamie only posts on this thread anymore, to use funny pictures of Bruce Campbell. How lame of you Jamie...

......SUCKER-FLYING-BRUCE CAMPBELL-CRANE-KICK!!

Steve, there is absolutely no way for you to substantiate that claim.

Kkun

Postby Ashley » Mon May 21, 2007 5:13 pm

Is it just me, or does he look like Jim Carrey to anyone else?
Ashley

Postby the_lizardqueen » Mon May 21, 2007 5:28 pm

Nah, it's totally Jim Carrey that looks like Bruce Campbell, doncha know?

Also, I would completely geek out if they brought the Lizard in. I'm not sure why, but he's always been my absolute favorite Spiderman villain XD
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon May 21, 2007 5:37 pm

Ashley wrote:Is it just me, or does he look like Jim Carrey to anyone else?

Actually, I thought the same thing. XD

All of this does make me wonder how many Bruce Campbell pictures you guys have, though. XDD

Radical Dreamer

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment