Spiderman 3?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby The Liar XIII » Mon May 07, 2007 10:57 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:[SPOILER]If there was one (I doubt it), it would have been Dr. Connors, who becomes The Lizard later on. However, Dr. Connors has been in all of the movies thus far, so I don't see why he would just now gain the title of "secret villain". Where did you hear this, out of curiosity? XD[/SPOILER]

Well, I read it on the internet.

And from my understanding.

[SPOILER]Dr. Conners turns into the Lizard in Spiderman 4.
And the symbiote fragment that he has breaks free and spawns Carnage.[/SPOILER]
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby Nate » Mon May 07, 2007 11:22 am

Supposedly, originally, one of the bad guys in Spiderman 3 was going to be the Chameleon. This was obviously scrapped.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Kkun » Mon May 07, 2007 11:25 am

[quote="Nate"]Topher did a great job as Brock]

That isn't really Topher's fault, though. That's a special effects people thing. Again, I liked Topher Grace as Venom. I was totally okay with it. 'Course that's just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth.

Also, I agree...Thomas Hayden Church was so good as Sandman. His performance was just excellent.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon May 07, 2007 9:18 pm

Nate wrote:Supposedly, originally, one of the bad guys in Spiderman 3 was going to be the Chameleon. This was obviously scrapped.

I heard that there was going to be Lizard, Scorpion, Rhino etc in it. I think my friend that has read the comics, said that if the movie was done chronologically some of them would have appeared or something like that (although I guess Venom would HAVE to be before Lizard). Amusingly enough, at my work I've seen that one the toys there is in fact a series of bad guys that include Lizard, Scorpion, among others that of course weren't featured in the film, but still in "Spiderman 3" packages. Well, I guess they do do that in some toys, like when I used to buy Jurassic Park toys when I was little and they featured dinos that weren't even in the movie.
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby termyt » Wed May 09, 2007 8:02 am

I can understand why fans are disappointed with Venom's role (or lack there of) in the movie, but if we set the comic book aside and take the movies for the story they tell alone, I think it works pretty well.

[spoiler]The movie, and the trilogy as a whole has one primary focus – the relationship between Peter and Harry. Everything else is secondary. MJ plays an important role in that relationship, but even her relationship is secondary in these movies. (I’m sure it will continue to develop if/when they make more movies). The need to tell/resolve the Peter/Harry story makes Venom little more than the Plot Device required to resolve their conflict and offer both Peter and Harry a shot at redemption.[/spoiler]

Over all, I was pleasantly surprised, and very happy with the resolution to the story.

[spoiler]I was actually happy that Evil Peter was more Dork than Jerk. There were some good comedy bits in there – and hey, Gwen didn’t have to die this time, so good for her.[/spoiler]
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Wed May 09, 2007 10:33 am

I just saw this movie last night and I liked it a lot. I thought that Tropher Grace did a decent job as Eddie Brock/Venom and Hayden Church was excellent as Sandman. My only gripe is that I thought there should of been at least one more fight scene with Venom in the movie [spoiler]before he teams up with Sandman.[/spoiler]

All in all, it was a good movie and I enjoyed it.

Rating: 4/5
Series place: Second behind Spider-man 2
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Rocketshipper » Wed May 09, 2007 8:12 pm

Supposedly, originally, one of the bad guys in Spiderman 3 was going to be the Chameleon. This was obviously scrapped

According to the "making of Spider-man 3" book that's on sale now (I read a copy at Barns and Knoble), the original plan was for the new Green Goblin, Sandman, and the Vulture. In the end though they decided that the 3rd villian had to have some sort of connection to Peter Parker, and Venom provided both the rivalry with Peter and the Symbiote, so they decided he was a better choice than Vulture.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Ingemar » Sat May 12, 2007 5:27 pm

When everyone started talking about the movie a year ago and mentioned that Topher Grace would be Venom, I thought it was a joke.

After watching the movie, I still think it is a joke.

Oh well, I thought the whole act with Peter as "John Emo Travolta" was priceless, however.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat May 12, 2007 8:24 pm

ShatterheartArk wrote:Ok. Everyones gonna hate me for this.

Spiderman 3 was the worst Spiderman film of the 3. It was an ok film, but comparing it to the first 2...it was garbage. My main reasons are as followed.

#1. Small Venom. I don't care how anyone cuts it, he was far too small. He should have been a good foot taller than Spiderman.

#2. Venoms voice was awful. Topher Graces voice was not scary in any form at all. I fail to understand why Sam chose Topher for this role. It was just...blah.

#3. Venom did not refer to himself as "we" Another strike against there crappy portrayal of Venom.

Aside from a few funny moments, ala the Bruce Campbell scenes...this movie was just not very good.

[SPOILER]I mean, Goblin teaming up with him? Meh. The film felt way too long...and failed to deliver the goods where the last 2 films had. If this is the way the series is going...3 Spidermen films are all we need. [/SPOILER]

You do know that this followed the Ultimate spiderman's venom, right? It wasn't Eddie Brock... It was Eddie Brock Jr... Who was more Peter's build.

As someone else pointed out, Venom doesn't always refer to himself as "we" in the comics, either.

Fact is, movies are not comics... Short of Sin City, which got away with it for very different reasons, a direct comic to movie translation would NOT work... Not at all. I thought it was great, personally... Not as great as Spidey 2, but better than Spidey 1... (Doc Ock was the greatest comic book villain on the silver screen)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat May 12, 2007 8:32 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:You do know that this followed the Ultimate spiderman's venom, right? It wasn't Eddie Brock... It was Eddie Brock Jr... Who was more Peter's build.

As someone else pointed out, Venom doesn't always refer to himself as "we" in the comics, either.

Fact is, movies are not comics... Short of Sin City, which got away with it for very different reasons, a direct comic to movie translation would NOT work... Not at all. I thought it was great, personally... Not as great as Spidey 2, but better than Spidey 1... (Doc Ock was the greatest comic book villain on the silver screen)

Have you seen Venom in USM?

Comparing relative size, Venom is even bigger in USM.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Nate » Sat May 12, 2007 8:46 pm

Also in USM Venom wasn't an alien, it was a laboratory-created protoplasmic suit created by Eddie Brock Jr.'s father intended to cure cancer.

Further USM Venom can't create organic webbing, nor is it vulnerable to sonic waves.

So no, this wasn't based on Ultimate Venom at all, aside from it being Eddie Brock Jr.

Nate

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat May 12, 2007 11:47 pm

ikimasu wrote:Have you seen Venom in USM?

Comparing relative size, Venom is even bigger in USM.

Ah... Nevermind then. Guess I was wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Sheol777 » Sun May 13, 2007 5:37 am

Ok, I just saw the movie. Well let's start with the good. The fight scenes were the best thing in the film. Venom really looked pretty good I thought, I am a huge fan and I thought his portrayal was done well. The CG was good...(most of the time that is). And there was really not much "down time" in the film. Heck, I even liked Topher Grace in this.

Now the bad. Raimi needs to keep his "Evil Dead" humor out of my Spiderman. When the first movie was announced I was afraid he would ham it up and make it campy...well he did it in this one! The jazz dance, the grooving down the street it was all such a mess and I cringed every time he went over the top with it all (Peter playing the piano?! COME ON!!).

[spoiler= Potential plot spoiler]Venom needed to be in the movie more, he was only there for a half hour. Granted he was a great part of the movie, but he needed to be there more. And did they have to kill him? Sheesh, the poor guy only had a cameo![/spoiler]

Too many plotlines! When you see the preview for the first time, you know you felt theis could happen. As much as I like the Sandman in this, his whole plot could have been eliminated and they could have explored more of the other stories.

It is also to the point now where I don't want Peter and Mary Jane together. They really aren't a good couple...in ANY of the movies. This one just clinched it for me.

Ok, I'm done. :rant:
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun May 13, 2007 9:03 am

Bobtheduck wrote:Ah... Nevermind then. Guess I was wrong.

Sorry about that. I was tired and stressed at the time of posting and it came through in the post. That could have been done quite a bit more eloquently and kindly. It was an easy an mistake to make, especially for someone who is not (to my knowledge) into comics.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun May 13, 2007 2:34 pm

I have seen it, and the following is my opinion: it was okay.

There was a mix of elements ranging from bad to excellent, at least for me. Surprisingly, I felt that most of the comedy bits worked (and while I think Parker strolling down the street was probably a poor use of film time, the looks he got were still funny). Ultimately, though, my main thought hasn't changed: three villains is too many for one movie. I wondered if they could pull it off, but while it wasn't horrible it was still too cluttered.

Plus, Venom gets relatively little time, which is unfortunate. While I agree with many of the criticisms about him, it didn't ruin his appearance for me. If a theoretical future Venom was bulkier and had a better voice, I'd have no problem with the just-merged version.
uc pseudonym

Postby Ingemar » Sun May 13, 2007 6:02 pm

One more complaint. The Stan Lee cameo was just plain horrible. I wanted to stand up and shout, "OK! WE GET IT! STOP RAMMING YOURSELF DOWN OUR THROATS!"

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby USSRGirl » Sun May 13, 2007 9:12 pm

O.o

There was a Stan Lee cameo?
USSRGirl

Postby Ingemar » Sun May 13, 2007 11:21 pm

Yes, and for you to miss it you would have to be 1). blind 2). deaf 3). unaware of who Stan Lee is.

He stands next to Peter and says "It seems one person CAN make a difference."

Cue the collective groan.

Ingemar

Postby Shinja » Mon May 14, 2007 9:59 am

eh it was allright i guess, im a bit disapointed that spiderman keeps going with anti heros rather than real villians, it kinda cheapens spidys chracter to be only slightly better than his foes, plus the relationship drama between mary jane and peter parker is getting old, nothing worse than watching a movie about two self centered people trying to have a relationship.
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Sheol777 » Mon May 14, 2007 12:26 pm

Ingemar wrote:Yes, and for you to miss it you would have to be 1). blind 2). deaf 3). unaware of who Stan Lee is.

He stands next to Peter and says "It seems one person CAN make a difference."

Cue the collective groan.

'nuff said.

(yeah it felt forced to me too)
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby USSRGirl » Mon May 14, 2007 12:57 pm

XD OOOH! Man! How could I miss that?!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, I left the theatre asking why that scene was there and who that guy was. It seemed like such an awkward scene. Yes, I know who Stan Lee is, but I've only seen pics of him when he was younger. Man... now I finally get it. I could possibly be blind and typing this by virtue of optical eye implants though....
USSRGirl

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon May 14, 2007 1:01 pm

Ah, I forgot about that. I thought the cameo in the first movie was cool: a random easter egg that certain people would enjoy. The second would have been acceptable if it had come first, but as a follow-up I didn't like it as much. This one... forced and unnecessary.

Note that at this rate, if they create more films Stan Lee will be the protagonist before too long.
uc pseudonym

Postby Nate » Mon May 14, 2007 1:13 pm

That was totally an awkward scene that added nothing to the movie.

Reminds me of the episode of Simpsons where Stan Lee wouldn't leave Comic Book Guy's store and annoyed the customers, then ran out in the street and yelled about how he was the Hulk.

Nate

Postby Tommy » Mon May 14, 2007 4:10 pm

Stan Lee should've played Peter Parker.
Tommy

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon May 14, 2007 5:12 pm

I liked it a lot. Peter was a total dork XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon May 14, 2007 5:27 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Ah, I forgot about that. I thought the cameo in the first movie was cool: a random easter egg that certain people would enjoy. The second would have been acceptable if it had come first, but as a follow-up I didn't like it as much. This one... forced and unnecessary.

Note that at this rate, if they create more films Stan Lee will be the protagonist before too long.

Yeah, the Stan Lee cameo in this one was the absolute worst part of the movie... Like, worse than the Spidey / Gwen Stacey kiss... And that was pretty bad.

I still don't mind Venom. Of course, I understand I don't follow the comics. The only time I ever read Spiderman comics was when we used to get them in the Newspaper.
Bobtheduck

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon May 14, 2007 5:43 pm

I had no idea that was Stan Lee... and I didn't think it was bad at the time... You people ruin things for me.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon May 14, 2007 10:42 pm

I guess I'm the only one that found the Stan Lee cameo at least somewhat enjoyable. XD Oh well.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Ashley » Tue May 15, 2007 8:23 am

No, I did too, RD. Although, to be fair, I didn't know it was him. But even knowing, why is it such a big deal?

I actually enjoyed the movie quite a bit. Sure, it's not perfect, and sure, there are things I would have changed. But I still found it to be a lot of fun.
Ashley

Postby Kkun » Wed May 16, 2007 6:24 am

Stan Lee? Who cares? It's all about Bruce Campbell. "I am French."
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment