Movies in 2007 that you are looking forward to...

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:29 am

Mainstream movies I'm looking forward to:
Spider-man 3
Pirates of the Caribbean 3
Shrek the Third
Transformers
Beowulf
TMNT
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Art-house releases I'm looking forward to:
No Country for Old Men by Joel and Ethan Coen.
Rescue Dawn by Werner Herzog starring Christian Bale.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Felix » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:38 am

All the 'thirds' should be good. I'm also looking foward to TMNT, and I heard that there's going to be a new Indiana Jones, so I'll be looking forward to that whenever it comes out.
Felix

Postby Mi-Ru-Me » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:02 pm

Transformers and Resident evil 3 (when I saw the trailer at the movie a couple a days ago I at first was like what is that then thay pulled out and we saw a satelite and the unbrella logo poped up then My friend and I were like what the heck.)

Oh and Indiana Jones dosnt come out till 2008
Mi-Ru-Me

Postby rocklobster » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:13 pm

Another Indiana Jones? I don't know about the rest of you, but I think poor Harrison Ford is way too old for that.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:04 pm

bigsleepj wrote:Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Ah, I hadn't heard the subtitle. If this film will address him I may be considerably more interested. I would be impressed if the series included Galactus and did it well (though conversely there is a lot more for them to potentially ruin).
uc pseudonym

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:06 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Ah, I hadn't heard the subtitle. If this film will address him I may be considerably more interested. I would be impressed if the series included Galactus and did it well (though conversely there is a lot more for them to potentially ruin).

There is a short trailer for FF.

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:37 pm

rocklobster wrote:Another Indiana Jones? I don't know about the rest of you, but I think poor Harrison Ford is way too old for that.

As long as they keep it Harrison, instead of shuffling the deck for a new Jones. No. Harrison is Jones. And when he can no longer play the part, there will be no more Indiana Jones films. The end.
Fish and Chips

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:24 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Ah, I hadn't heard the subtitle. If this film will address him I may be considerably more interested. I would be impressed if the series included Galactus and did it well (though conversely there is a lot more for them to potentially ruin).

As I understand it, Galactus is going to be present. And I didn't like the first Fantastic Four movie at all. It struck me as missed oppertunity. I can only hope they make with this sequel.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

bigsleepj

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:35 pm

linwood wrote:Evan Almighty

oh yeah! i totally forgot to mention this movie. from the looks of it, it's not gonna be all that great. but at least it's creative. didn't really expect a sequal for Bruce Almighty to come out.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:48 pm

jon_jinn wrote:oh yeah! i totally forgot to mention this movie. from the looks of it, it's not gonna be all that great. but at least it's creative. didn't really expect a sequal for Bruce Almighty to come out.

As long as it stays clean (at least at the same level of the first one), then I'm excited. Steve Carell is hysterical. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:07 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:As long as it stays clean (at least at the same level of the first one), then I'm excited. Steve Carell is hysterical. XD

yeah. maybe they could knock off the flipping of the finger this time... :cool:

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:23 am

rocklobster wrote:Another Indiana Jones? I don't know about the rest of you, but I think poor Harrison Ford is way too old for that.

Harrison Ford= Indiana Jones

someone else playing Indiana Jones = I'm not going to see it.

Harrison Ford is not that old to play Indiana Jones.

I hope that Harrison Ford is still acting, when he's 70.

I would love to see one last Indiana Jones movie, before Harrison Ford quits acting.

They could call it,

Indiana Jones and the quest for the golden walker

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:30 pm

Amazing Grace is getting excellent buzz from both sides of the political aisle in
Washington DC.They say that everyone is endorsing it.It's not so much about
John Newton but William Wilberforce and his fight to end slavery in the British
Empire.Though John Newton is in it.
Politically speaking a movie like this is what the country needs after all the partisan fights.
mitsuki lover

Postby ilikegir33 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:27 pm

Yojimbo wrote:Spider-Man 3
Transformers
Pirates 3
The Bourne Ultimatum
The Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

I'll second those, and another movie I'm looking forward to is the new Satoshi Kon film Paprika. Y'know, the one about the dream detective?
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:34 pm

I can't wait for Paprika >_> I want to watch it sooooo badly.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby jon_jinn » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:34 pm

oh yeah. Paprika's gonna be released in theaters. that should be interesting. the only other work i've seen by Kon is Paranoia Agent; and MSP knows full well how confused i was by that series. XD

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:46 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:I can't wait for Paprika >_> I want to watch it sooooo badly.

It apparently will open in LA June 1st. We might be able to go see it some night during/after AX.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Tommy » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:28 pm

Fish and Chips wrote:As long as they keep it Harrison, instead of shuffling the deck for a new Jones. No. Harrison is Jones. And when he can no longer play the part, there will be no more Indiana Jones films. The end.

Connery is John.
John is James.
James is Bond.
James Bond.

However, so many other people have played James Bond and the movies have stretched this far!

Hollywood has a strange way of drawing people in.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Alexander » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:39 pm

*feels like a child*

Well, I must be one of the few, but the only film I'm anticipating this year is Ratatouille by Pixar. I've always loved their animations, and this year is no different.

"A rat to a kitchen is death, a kitchen to a rat is death."

Favorite quote.
Alexander

Postby bigsleepj » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:54 pm

Oh yes, I forgot about Ratatouille! I'm looking forward to it as well. :) But I look forward to any Pixar film.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA

bigsleepj

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:39 pm

I keep holding onto a scrap of hope that the Indy movie isn't really happening...

The only movie I'm looking forward to at this point is Transformers. Pirates 2 was a major disappointment, so I don't really care to see the next installment.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Jih » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:03 pm

Currently waiting for Pirates 3, Transformers and Spider-Man 4 (which will hopefully have Carnage in it).
Jih

Previous

Return to General Entertainment