Nascar

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Nascar

Postby Nozomi » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:38 pm

Shout out to all the NASCAR fans on this site!!! Apparently I think Kenshin17 is one of them. And a shout-out to all people who don't get dizzy watching it, either (j/k).

If you are reading this and you at least have a mild interest in NASCAR, who do you root for? Why?

Personally I root for #24 Jeff Gordon b/c he's a Christian who walks, and b/c he is from my home state, CA.
There is always hope in the Lord for those who seek it.
Live each day as if it were your first, not your last.
Nozomi

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:41 pm

WOOOT!!! another Nascar faaann!!

I am a new fan... I got into it because I wanted to get off the computer and spend time with my family. My Dad is a huuuuge fan of it...and i guess he got me into it as well.

I root for Dale Earnhart Jr. and I have my own personal desire to see a certain racer not win. *ahem* >_>

I like Jr. Because he seems like a really nice guy. He isn't perfect, but who is? I think he is a Christian too... ^^; I know he drives the Bud Car but that's just his sponser.

I also really loved his Dad...and I remember my dad going to walmart to buy all this memoribilia because of Dale Earnhardt's death...=_=

GO NUMBER 8!!!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby ashfire » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:08 am

I watch when I can. My brother and his family are into it big, My mother likes Tony Stewart because he bought a race track where my mother is from.
Everyone hates Jimmy Johnson.
ashfire

Postby Doubleshadow » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:48 pm

Hello fellow NASCAR fans! I've been a fan all my life, and my family watches together and discusses strategy. You know that joke about not needing a program? That's us. I root for Dale Jarrett and Mark Martin because they are both good Christians and sentimental favorites of mine.

My Dad has worked at the track at Bristol, meet Carl Edwards when they had to use the can at the same time, and brought back the little caps you put on the nozzle on your tires for my Mom's car and my car (NASCAR caps on an Oldsmobile and station wagon, hee hee).
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Kenshin17 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:57 pm

Oh yeah I am a NASCAR fan. NASCAR rocks. I wish I didn't have to work on Sundays T_T have to miss the races.

Personal I root for:

MARK MARTIN!!!! Whooot!!!!

*ahem*

I like Martin because a) he is a top notch class act b) he is an excellent sport c) He has a really cool first name (and so do I :grin: )

I also like Jeff Burton and Jr. Both are class acts and good sports.

Kyle Busch will be a good driver...when he grows up.
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:33 pm

ROFL!! I love that final statement... XD although, I think he has matured a little...

I was a little irratated when number 17 stole Martin's big win at Daytona... I was like"WHAT A JERK!!"
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Kenshin17 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:04 am

I wasn't to fond of Harvick after that race. I mean Martin has been racing fro 23 years, he was so close, and Harvick a young dude with plenty of shots had to take it from him.

Thats racing I guess. Though Martin still rocked that race.

And yea Kyle Busch has matured a litte... ;)

Edit 04/15/07: Though after today I would have to say Kyle Busch hasn't matured...he got spun and stormed off. His team fixed the car but he was gone...so Dale Jr. got in the number 5 and raced it....
Kenshin17

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:11 am

Been a NASCAR fan for years.

I like everyone other then the Busch brothers.

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby beau99 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:35 pm

I prefer watching Formula 1 racing.

Elliott Sadler's a cool guy, though.
beau99

Postby Kenshin17 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:22 am

F1 is awesome as well. More fast paced. I like watching it too. I am of the opinion that NASCAR and F1 require a diffrent skill set.

But yeah I hear ya F1 is awesome too.
Kenshin17

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:57 am

The Washington State legislature turned down the chance to have a NASCAR
race track in the state so we'll be missing a chance to have live NASCAR up here.
But even though I am not a NASCAR fan myself I think it was a bit short sighted as it would have brought in a lot of new tourists into the state,and besides it is one of the fastest growing sports in the nation.
Then again I don't think the present legislature is pro-sports friendly.
mitsuki lover

Postby beau99 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:13 am

There's a NASCAR track in Everett, WA actually.

It doesn't host any big races, but it's NASCAR sanctioned and there are races there each week.
beau99

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:03 pm

First time I heard of that.
mitsuki lover

Postby Danderson » Thu May 03, 2007 4:05 pm

I was a NASCAR Fan....
For 4 years I spent Sunday afternoons watching them....I spent my spare time trying to fulfill my dream of becoming a race car driver...You could say I was extremly addicted...

...After those four years, I lost intrest and went onto other things that God apparently had in plan for me...Sure I tune in if I'm not doing anything else, but those times are rare...

It might explain however, why I like speed... :thumb: And wild car crashes... :rock:
Danderson

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu May 10, 2007 11:49 am

Roy Mustang

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri May 11, 2007 12:32 pm

My dad and I were glued to ESPN2 and the Speed Channel last night as we watched Jr's press conference.

i even teared up a little.. I mean this is his DAD's company! I know he needs to leave but why does Teresa have to be so mean? It's not fair to Jr.

grr...

I hope Jr. goes with Stewart's team (the name escapes me)....I will do a flip if he goes to Hendrick. Childris would be cool too...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri May 11, 2007 1:58 pm

ChristianKitsune wrote:I know he needs to leave but why does Teresa have to be so mean? It's not fair to Jr.

Teresa has never really had a good relationship with Dale Jr and his sister Kelly.

All the kids get along and other family members, but Teresa is a hard person to deal with.

Jeffrey Earnhardt, who is Kerry's son. Will be a development driver for DEI in the Busch East Series.

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby Kenshin17 » Fri May 11, 2007 3:19 pm

ChristianKitsune wrote:My dad and I were glued to ESPN2 and the Speed Channel last night as we watched Jr's press conference.

i even teared up a little.. I mean this is his DAD's company! I know he needs to leave but why does Teresa have to be so mean? It's not fair to Jr.

grr...

I hope Jr. goes with Stewart's team (the name escapes me)....I will do a flip if he goes to Hendrick. Childris would be cool too...

He can't go to Hendrick as they already have four cars and thats the max per owner. He was looking at Childress, which means he would be Jeff Burtons team mate (sweetness :rock: )

Other possibilities are Gibbs racing (Tony Stewart's team) and i think Yates racing as well.

I am kinda upset too. My brother tells me Sr. built DEI for Jr. So its gotta be hard for him. He says he wants to race hard all year, but I think this will hurt his team, and it won't be their fault.
Kenshin17

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri May 11, 2007 3:49 pm

They could always fire Casey Mears though...:/

yes Sr. Built the team for his kids...but when Sr. Died Teresa, Jr.'s step mom took over and changed everything. I woudln't want to stay there when I couln't have part ownership of my dad's company. I mean...he just wanted half....and she wouldn't let him, that's not fair, when Jr. makes the team... I mean the team will not be the same with out him. Jr. is the favorite driver in all of Nascar (It's true! Even nascar people say this) he brings in A LOT of money...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri May 11, 2007 4:47 pm

Kenshin17 wrote:He can't go to Hendrick as they already have four cars and thats the max per owner.

Is that the new rule that will be in place for next year?

Because Roush Fenway Racing has five cars in NASCAR. I do remember that NASCAR wanted to change that rule and talk about last year and never heard a word if they change the rule or not.

I don't see them firing Casey Mears any time soon and he has a contract with them untill 2009.

This was reported on a NASCAR news web site today.

Hendrick Motorsports General Manager Marshall Carlson told Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway Tuesday that his team is fully stocked with drivers for 2008 and beyond, and that he has not spoken with Dale Earnhardt, Jr., about the possibility of joining the Hendrick stable.(Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway)

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri May 11, 2007 4:57 pm

YAAAY! ^_^ I don't want him to join that team anways...I can't see him and Gordon as team mates...:/ The fans would riot.

I never said they should Fire Casey Mears..^^; just saying that's who they would have to fire to get him.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri May 11, 2007 5:36 pm

ChristianKitsune wrote:I never said they should Fire Casey Mears..^^]

I know and that would be the first person's name that would come up. But since he sign with them last year and this is first year with them. I think they would honor his contact.

Here is lastest news about Dale Jr.

Budweiser has an agreement in place to ensure Dale Jr. will continue to personally represent Budweiser through 2008.

Richard Childress said Friday morning at Darlington Raceway that he has not signed Dale Earnhardt, Jr., to drive for Richard Childress Racing and is giving the driver time and space to weigh his options.

Penske said Friday that he has an interest in adding Dale Earnhardt Jr. to his Nextel Cup team, but he realizes it isn't likely to happen. "Certainly we'd like to talk to him," Penske said. "Obviously, he's one of the top drivers in the sport. But from everything I've heard, he wants to stay in a Chevrolet. We have a contract with Dodge and we're loyal to that."

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri May 11, 2007 5:50 pm

1,000 Cup points to Roy for thoroughly researching this topic for those of us who have shody Internet connections.

My, a lot has been happening while my Dad has been hogging the remote. Although, it seems the sad story is playing out much like I thought it would.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Danderson » Fri May 11, 2007 9:23 pm

With all this stuff about Jr. Leaving has anyone considered the possibility that she (Teareasa....rat's, I can't spell at midnight) decided not to give her step-son ownership or even partime ownership becuase he might not be ready?....

I'm not a big fan of Jr.s (so, I'm probably just biased), but I sometimes these things get blown way out of proportion (especially when the media is involved)...

...But then again, it might not be about Jr.s maturity at all....

....Just a quick thought...
Danderson

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri May 11, 2007 10:09 pm

Danderson wrote:With all this stuff about Jr. Leaving has anyone considered the possibility that she (Teareasa....rat's, I can't spell at midnight) decided not to give her step-son ownership or even partime ownership becuase he might not be ready?....

I'm not a big fan of Jr.s (so, I'm probably just biased), but I sometimes these things get blown way out of proportion (especially when the media is involved)...

...But then again, it might not be about Jr.s maturity at all....

....Just a quick thought...

I can understand that things can get blown out of proportion, but there are things that have been true about Teresa and Jr and one of them is they never had a good close relationship.

I know that the blame can't fully be put on Teresa for this. Some of the problems could have came from Jr.

I'm not that big of a fan of Jr, but just about everyone in the NASCAR world has known Teresa as very hard person to work with.

I think the reason why he wanted part ownership was, because there needed to be changes in the company. The company hasn't done that well in the last few years as winning that many races.

Also, Michael Waltrip left DEI last year. I know that he went off to start his own team, but it makes me wonder if he had it with DEI.

Plus, the ownership thing didn't came about in the contract untill Fall of last year.

Dale Jr even said this back in April, when it look like he was going to get a new contract.

"If my dad was alive, a lot of things would be different, a whole lot," "I don't like to get hypothetical. I think he would be pretty proud of what I've been able to accomplish."

And you know, I agree with him. I also didn't like the statement that Teresa put out about Dale Jr leaving.

Statement from Teresa Earnhardt/DEI wrote:In response to today's announcement by Dale Earnhardt, Jr., that he will be leaving DEI, Teresa Earnhardt, CEO of Dale Earnhardt, Inc. issued the following statement. "While we are very disappointed that Dale Jr. has chosen to leave the family business, we remain excited about our company's future. Our aggressive expansion and diversification plans have not changed. This company has continued to thrive since Dale left us in 2001, and it will thrive following today's announcement. Dale and I built this company to be a championship-contender, and those principles still apply. Dale Earnhardt, Inc. will win, and we have other extremely talented drivers and hundreds of employees that are dedicated to the programs we founded. This company has a great legacy and a bright future, built on loyalty, integrity, and commitment."

I know that Teresa did help build DEI, but I can say that Dale Earnhardt was the one to put the time and money in making DEI into a world class racing company.

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby Kenshin17 » Fri May 11, 2007 10:39 pm

Roy Mustang wrote:Is that the new rule that will be in place for next year?

Because Roush Fenway Racing has five cars in NASCAR. I do remember that NASCAR wanted to change that rule and talk about last year and never heard a word if they change the rule or not.

I don't see them firing Casey Mears any time soon and he has a contract with them untill 2009.

This was reported on a NASCAR news web site today.

Col. Roy Mustang

Dude NASCAR already changed that rule, effective 2008. And Casey Mears is a Hendrick driver now.
Kenshin17

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon May 14, 2007 9:13 am

Kenshin17 wrote:Dude NASCAR already changed that rule, effective 2008.

Sorry about that, I wasn't clear on what I said. I didn't mean that they were talking about changing the rule this year. I just remember early last year or two years ago, that they were thinking about changing the rule. I just never heard any word about them every changing it.

Which, I'm glad that they change that rule. An owner shouldn't have five or six teams.

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon May 14, 2007 9:57 am

Gordon won...AGAIIINN...

and Jr. was sooo close!!! Gaaahhh..=_= Ahhh well i guess he did better than I thought he would...considering all the publicity he had this week... O_O

After about 10 weeks of seeing Hendrick racing win... I kinda want Jr. to go there..^^; and if they weren't able to do it, then why are they still talking about doing Jr. going there?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Kenshin17 » Wed May 16, 2007 4:30 pm

Roy Mustang wrote:Sorry about that, I wasn't clear on what I said. I didn't mean that they were talking about changing the rule this year. I just remember early last year or two years ago, that they were thinking about changing the rule. I just never heard any word about them every changing it.

No problem, they did change it ]Gordon won...AGAIIINN...

and Jr. was sooo close!!! Gaaahhh..=_= Ahhh well i guess he did better than I thought he would...considering all the publicity he had this week... O_O

After about 10 weeks of seeing Hendrick racing win... I kinda want Jr. to go there..^^; and if they weren't able to do it, then why are they still talking about doing Jr. going there?[/QUOTE]

I don't think he is likely to go there. Hendrick is not getting ride of Kyle Busch, Johnson, or Gordon, and Mears has a contract or something, so not really an option. However there was some speculation on him leasing engines or something from Hendrick.

And yeah, I am getting sick of Hendrick winning. Hamlin was the best car. If he had had maybe 3 or 4 more laps it would have been his race. I watched Gordons lead dwindle as the last laps ticked off the clock. Hamlin would have caught him.
Kenshin17

Return to General Entertainment