Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters

Postby ilikegir33 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:46 pm

Coming this weekend, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters is about the origins of Master Shake, Frylock and Meatwad. They're in the ultimate battle for a sacred piece of excercise equipment. The movie is rated R for crude and sexual humor, violent images and language. It will be shown on only 800 screens. I want to see ATHF CMFFT so badly! So do other ATHF fans, and BTW it's after that bomb scandal. You know, with the lights of the two guys in space who...umm...I don't want to say.

This movie looks great!
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Sheol777 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:36 pm

Number one in the 'hood G

Did anyone catch the April fool's prank they pulled on Cartoon Network with this thing? For those of you who didn't let me explain:

Cartoon Network ran promos for like two weeks that It would show the movie, in it's entirety on the network before it was released in theatres.....and they did.

Well, sort of.

They showed the first five minutes as you would expect. Then they shrank the picture to about 1/75 of the size and put it at the left corner of the screen and continued with the rest of their programming in the "background".

classic
Sheol777

Postby Stephen » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm

I plan on seeing this. Aqua Teen is amazing.
Stephen

Postby Debitt » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:03 pm

I can't wait for this. I hope a theater in my backwater neck of the woods has it. If not, I will cry.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:59 pm

I will see this, if I can find someone to go with. (The movies just aren't very fun without someone to go with)
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:54 pm

I wish I could go see it, but nobody else I know likes it. So I'm SOL.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Tommy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:32 pm

I've never really understood how Aqua Teen is funny.
On AS, I love watching Family Guy and Robot Chicken, so I'm not one of those people who think that anyone who watches AS comedies are idiots (Well, FG obviously isn't AS-made, but you catch my point, correct?).

Anyways, is this the type of show that grows on you?

I couldn't understand how anyone could like them movie, but maybe someone could find some funny bits from it and show me?

EDIT: AS' April fool prank this year is a tad better than last year.
Tommy

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:10 pm

Well, the show is supposed to be stupid. I guess you just have to have an off-kilter sense of humor to like it. Kinda like how I think Space Ghost Coast to Coast is hilarious, but most people think it's stupid...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby taboo » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:14 pm

I'm going to go see it. :p It's gonna be a party party party
taboo

Postby Tommy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:06 pm

ShiroiHikari wrote:Well, the show is supposed to be stupid. I guess you just have to have an off-kilter sense of humor to like it. Kinda like how I think Space Ghost Coast to Coast is hilarious, but most people think it's stupid...

I like Bobobo.
I don't like this.

Perhaps I just saw the wrong episodes?
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:24 pm

I will probably *not* see this. I like AFTH but....I will not shell out 7 dollars to see a movie when they will probably show it later on AS anyway..=_=

Besides the promos are so anying and they sort of turned me off...>_>
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:31 pm

ChristianKitsune wrote:I will probably *not* see this. I like AFTH but....I will not shell out 7 dollars to see a movie when they will probably show it later on AS anyway..=_=

So... That would pretty much fit every movie out there? Being on TV, I mean.

I want to see this just to support them after that idiotic "bomb threat" charge... Light Brights = bombs... Hmm... But let's talk about his hair, that is the most important thing here. That takes some dedication to be so in character when you're being accused of a felony, frivolously or not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:19 pm

I enjoy ATHF in small, ten minute doses when it's for free on television, but I'm not sure I can take paying $7.50 for over an hour of the stuff.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Yojimbo » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:13 pm

I will gladly pay to see the comic brilliance that is Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I've been a huge fan of the show ever since it came out. I've watched every episode on DVD at least a half dozen times. I had been following the movie since I first heard about it and I'm glad it's finally here. The "endings" were absolutely hilarious and I also plan on getting the awesome soundtrack.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Kkun » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:15 am

Friday night, kids. Friday night.

And Bruce Campbell as a 4th Aqua Teen Hunger Force member? I'm so in.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby ilikegir33 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:40 pm

Yeah, Bruce Campbell. That really does sound insanely hilarious.
Also it's after the bomb scare as Bobtheduck said. I think they will make fun of that in the film.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby ICE-rocks » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:07 pm

Athf has to be my favirote (and the only) show besides anime I watch on Adult swim.

Willie nelson episode... hilarious.
I'm back with a vengeance or at least anime studio :thumb:
ICE-rocks

Postby Felix » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:14 pm

It takes a... well, interesting sense of humor to truly enjoy Aqua Teen, I think. ^^; I do like it, and I think it's funny, but like others have said, I really don't think I could sit through an hour or more of the stuff. Also, the show gets pretty off-colour sometimes (maybe not as much as some other AS shows, but still...) And what with the R-rating, it seems like they'll be able to get away with so much more than what they could show on TV. (IE: Family Guy Movie)

At any rate, looks like I'm better off skipping this one. =/
Felix

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:21 am

From the ads they aired yesterday on AS it appears that the ATHF movie tanked at the box office or at least didn't do as well as expected.
mitsuki lover

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:25 am

I'd be surprised if they expected it to do well at all. Adult Swim is a niche audience to big with.
Fish and Chips

Postby Nate » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:11 pm

It only opened in 877 theaters, what do you expect it to do, make hundreds of thousands of dollars? It made 3 million dollars opening weekend and was the number 13 movie. It completely covered the costs of making the film AND payment to the city of Boston. It also made a little over 850,000 dollars the second weekend.

So no, while it wasn't a box office monster, it made back the money it took to produce it. I wouldn't call that "tanking."

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:12 pm

that and it only went out to 800 theaters...

I have heard some pretty iffy things about this movie...^^l like it's a lot more times raunchier than the series...so again, this movie isn't for me. ^^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Postby Stephen » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:28 am

Last I knew the movie was rated R. Thus, I would expect people to think...hey, this movie probably has content. Reminds me of when I went and saw Sin City. Some 30 somthing moron brought his like 8 year old kid to see it...then stormed out during a scene all mad.
Stephen

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:44 am

To my knowledge ATHF never showed on TV here, so it's I doubt it would ever get released here. Not that it's all that high on my list, but there is the curiosity factor.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:36 pm

HEH!I Only mention it because of the ads on AS during Saturday.They even made a personal one addressed to some internet movie reviewer who trashed it on his site.
I suspect that they'll make most of their money with the DVDs.
mitsuki lover

Postby Nate » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:57 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:I suspect that they'll make most of their money with the DVDs.

I'd say that would be a safe bet given the limited theater run, a lot of fans just wouldn't have been able to see it because of that.

Though part of me wonders why it wasn't just a direct to DVD movie in the first place.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:15 pm

Nate wrote:I'd say that would be a safe bet given the limited theater run, a lot of fans just wouldn't have been able to see it because of that.

Though part of me wonders why it wasn't just a direct to DVD movie in the first place.

I would venture to guess that it was a sort of experiment. I don't recall any adult-swim show movies in theaters prior to this. Sort of a way to test the waters, you know?
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby ilikegir33 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:52 pm

It was hilarious! My city had three of the 800 theaters. It did have a lot of graphic cartoon violence and lewd sexual gags, not to mention the 30 uses of f*** and a lot of other language. This movie deserved an R but it was funny.
ilikegir33

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue May 01, 2007 2:07 pm

Perhaps they decided to use ATHF because it's their most popular original series.
mitsuki lover

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue May 01, 2007 3:19 pm

ShatterheartArk wrote:Last I knew the movie was rated R. Thus, I would expect people to think...hey, this movie probably has content. Reminds me of when I went and saw Sin City. Some 30 somthing moron brought his like 8 year old kid to see it...then stormed out during a scene all mad.

WEll considering their show is TV 14 most of the time.. I would say that this R rating would definately mean tha that what I have heard is correct..

I am over the age to go see this kind of movie.. I just don't "WANT" to.

does that make sense? Or am I making myself sound stupider than before? XD
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
ChristianKitsune

Next

Return to General Entertainment