Zodiac

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Zodiac

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:41 am

Anyone seen this movie? It is quite good, in all actuality. The violence is not really there; it shows his murders, and there is some blood (it was made as realistic as possible), but it was not over the top. There was a good amount of language, with pretty much every word in the book, including the 'f-bomb'. The murders might be a bit disturbing to some; the victim's screams, I'm sure, are not pleasant to hear.

The movie itself focuses more on the investigation and hunt for the Zodiac instead of the actual killings. At roughly 2 hours 45 minutes long, it might be too slow for some to enjoy. Regardless, there is not as much action as some might hope, but the effects the killings and the hunt for the Zoidac caused upon families is very well portrayed, and makes you understand the reasons this man went down in history.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Phantasmagloria » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:16 am

i've heard of it not really interested in seeing it though
did the zodiac actually kill 35 people?
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"]Four words to[color="Red"][font="Impact"] choke[/font][/color] on[/SIZE][/font][SIZE="5"] [color="SlateGray"]Look at me now[/color][/SIZE].
mathgrant wrote:auspines is banned because he can't spell Fatnasmalgiora's name correctly.

[color="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="4"]Dont let the skirt fool you
[color="SeaGreen"]fIeLd HoCkEy[/color][/SIZE][/color]
[SIZE="4"][color="MediumTurquoise"]We bust ours...so we can kick yours. BRING IT ON!:mutter:[/color][/SIZE]
[color="Magenta"](¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
.¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´

*If you love someone from afar copy this into your sig*[/color]

[SIZE="5"][font="Century Gothic"]Just because it's not alive doesn't mean it's [color="Red"]DeAd[/color].[/font] [/SIZE]

[color="Red"]Im riding on the...[/color]
|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|_____\
|__M[color="red"]C[/color]R [color="red"]F[/color]A[color="red"]N[/color] B[color="red"]U[/color]S_|_| __\
|_________________ |_| ____|
|_(@'@)____________|_|(@)__l
:dizzy:[color="DeepSkyBlue"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
Phantasmagloria

Postby Jih » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:55 pm

I was planning on seeing this film however, I heard mixed reviews and decided to stick to simply continue reading about the slayings in California. In respons to the post directly above mine, no, the Zodiac killer only got 9 (at least this is the accepted theory since no one's really sure who the Zodiac was).
Jih

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Ooh, gravedig...anyway. The Zodiac most likely killed more than 9 people; I would suggest seeing the movie if you are interested in the case. It is based on historical fact and theory, so it was worth watching. The way he killed, and his manner of killing...it can be linked to similar murders in the area. And yes, no one is sure whether or not the Zodiac was ever caught. The man that was coming in for trial (the prime suspect) died shortly before he could be put on trial, and the killings came to an end. So, either he was the man, or the Zodiac decided to stop while he was ahead, and took that opportunity to do so.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:45 am

I saw this movie with some friends and was the only one who liked it. Oh well, their more of the actiony type anyways. I'm a major history and mystery buff, so this movie was really appealing to me (especially how it focused more on the investigation instead of the actuall murders). I greatly enjoyed it and would recomend it to anyone who is interested in this sort of thing.

Overall: 8.5/10
WrestlingOtaku

Return to General Entertainment