Star Trek Voyager

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Star Trek Voyager

Postby The Doctor » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:54 pm

Okay, who here agrees with me that the EMH, aka the Holographic Doctor, was the coolest character on Voyager?

I thought he rocked and wished he got better development.
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:05 am

I think The Doctor got pretty good development, considering that he's a secondary character and not even an organic being. He was certainly my favourite character, next to Seven of Nine.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby termyt » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:19 am

The doctor did have some of the best lines in the series. The series would have been very dull without him, I think, but then they have generally done a pretty good job of mixing in a good array of personality types in the ST series.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby creed4 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:21 pm

His was a very important character
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:35 pm

Figures The Doctor would think that the Doctor on Voyager was the coolest character.
Well there is no denying he had a certain panache to him.
btw:Robert Picardo co-starred with Dana Delaney on China Beach previously to doing Voyager so he actually played a doctor in two different series.One based on the Vietnam War and one based on Star Trek.
mitsuki lover

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:40 am

The Doc was definately cool, though I think Voyager kind of OD'd on him in its later years ("Oh look, another episode where the Doctor learns a lesson about life. Who knew?")
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:30 pm

At least they got back to the old "I'm a Doctor Not A..." from the McCoy days.
mitsuki lover

Postby The Doctor » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:53 pm

I got annoyed at the fact that they abused those lines.

I think Voyager missed an opportunity to grow the Doctor more in the episode "Equinox Pts 1 and 2."

In that one, the Doctor and Seven of Nine are captured, and the Equinox crew delete the Doctor's ethical subroutines so he'll assist them in getting information out of Seven. And...nothing happends. They could have written in something where he defies them anyway, or deceives them, only appearing to help them out, or something. But he comes Mr. Hyde instead.

I'd have been ok with him becoming Mr. Hyde if there was a conflict within him later about hurting Seven or not.

Oh well...that storyline started out strong, but part 2 was very weak in general.

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:51 pm

Well, they did throw in that little scene at the end where Seven suggests modifying his program to prevent that sort of tampering. I guess that was supposed to illustrate him becoming less of an automaton and more of a person, sort of like the earlier episode where they gave him control over his own deactivation. Still, you're right. It was disapointing that they did so little during the actual story.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:22 pm

It was actually one of the few times that Robert Picardo got to play a villian.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:01 pm

EMH alert:Tonight's Voyager episode is:Tinker,Tenor,Doctor,Spy.
mitsuki lover

Postby The Doctor » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:19 pm

LOL I know. That episode is hilarious.

The Doctor

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:00 pm

:thumb: :lol: :dance:

Yeah,I always love the ending when Seven gives him a peck on the cheek and says:"That was Platonic,don't expect me to pose for you."

Other favorite lines:"Prepare the Photonic Cannon!"

"Doctor to Janeway...I'm Daydreaming again!"

(sings to the tune of La Donna Mobile):"Tuvok you
are Vulcan man/you are undergoing Pon Farr/it has
been nearly seven years that you have been
without/Paris please get the hypospray..."

(Dream Seven's Message about Dream
B'Elanna's flirtation with the Doctor):"RESIST!"

have to admit this brings up Picardo's comic genuis.I don't think too many others would have done so well with this aspect of the Doctor.
mitsuki lover

Postby The Doctor » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:47 pm

Haha you're so right Mitsuki lover.

And like Harry Kim, I too love the daydream where the Doctor takes command against the Borg.

I'm ok with episodes like this, so long as they didn't turn the EMH into Voyager's butt of the jokes. I like him being both comical and serious.

The Doctor

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:36 pm

I have to confess though that one of my favorite Doctor episodes is the one where he's having delusions and Kes is supposed to be his wife.That was the first one they ever had Dwight Schultz on.
mitsuki lover

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:25 pm

That's a cool episode, though I'm afraind my personal memories of it will forever be tainted by UPN's TERRIBLE trailers for it. Not only did they exclusively hype the bit with "Kes" even though it's really only a minor twist in the episode, but they made it sound like it was going to be this steamy, forbiden afair. :shake:
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:03 pm

Well Kes is my favorite Voyager character. :thumb:
btw:It seems to me(getting off topic a bit)but that the Voyager episodes:
UNITY,SURVIVAL INSTINCT and the one that introduces the Borg Children
throw the lie to the Borg Queen's words in DARK FRONTIER to Seven that
she's unique.It also seems that getting free of the Collective isn't as hard as it might seem.All one needs to do is crash on a planet or otherwise find oneself disconnected from the Hive Mind long enough to have one's indiviuality reassert itself.Which is what happened to the other Borg.
mitsuki lover

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:25 pm

My favorites were Lt. Tom Paris, Neelix, and Icheb [spoiler] (young Borg soldier rescued later in the series)[/spoiler].
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:05 pm

Yeah, but none of those other Borg looked like Jeri Ryan, so the writers obviously figured no one would remember them. :)
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:41 pm

True.Than again no other Vulcan quite looks like T'Pol either.

Robert Picardo in real life is actually a huge proponent of space exploration.
mitsuki lover

Postby Rachel » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:22 am

I've always thought it was hilarious that his last name is Picardo.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:07 pm

Especially since it is so close to Picard.
mitsuki lover

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:17 pm

And he has the hairline to match!
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:46 am

I think since we already had Pathfinder yesterday that Dwight Schultz has about one more appearance to make as Barclay.
Barclay and the Doctor certainly made an interesting pair the way that Schultz and
Picardo made their characters sound off of each other.It just seems too bad that
Barclay wasn't on more often.
mitsuki lover

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:10 pm

Another Doctor episode tonight with VIRTUOSO.
btw:Did anyone catch The Wonder Years at 10:00 last night on ION?
A much younger and slimmer Picardo guested as Coach Cutlip.Memorable scene:
When Paul(Josh Sorvino)accidentally hits Cutlip on the head while playing basketball.
mitsuki lover

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:54 pm

Yeah, Pathfinder is one of my favorites
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:13 pm

Picardo was also on the season premiere of Stargate Atlantis.He had most of his scenes with Richard Dean Anderson.What I enjoyed was the way they hoodwinked everyone into thinking that he gave away the information to the Replicators when that was part of Rodney's plan all along so that they would fall into the trap.
btw:Besides The Wonder Years and Voyager you can also see
Picardo in China Beach.
mitsuki lover

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:01 am

One of my favorite episodes is the "Future's End" two-parter. I love the first part when we see Janeway, Chakotay, Paris and Tuvok dressed in 20th century clothes while on Santa Monica Pier! They blend in quite well! Tuvok in street clothes remind me of the rapper Mystikal--he looks so cool, yet so logical!

Props to Chakotay for pulling off the Miami Vice t-shirt/jacket outfit!
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:48 am

Ah yes. The origin of the famed Mobile Emitter!
Image Image

Blitzkrieg1701

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:24 pm

IMO Rain Robinson in that episode was really a niece of Professor John and Dr. Maureen Robinson and cousin to Judy,Penny and Will.I know that there is nothing
to back it up with and entirely made up but it would be a fun connection if Rain were related to the LOST IN SPACE Robinsons.Though to be serious I wonder if
they decided to give her the last name of Robinson as a tribute to the show.
mitsuki lover

Return to General Entertainment