U.F.C

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

U.F.C

Postby Tommy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:48 pm

Sorry for the spammy starter, but I don't have much to say.

Anyone here watch "U.F.C.?"
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Stephen » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:04 pm

Lightbringer, Gypsy and I will be watching the PPV Saturday if that answers your question. ;)

Slowly we have got Gypsy into it...LB and I are huge UFC nuts. I credit my getting into martial arts to my love of the UFC. I started watching when Spike aired the first Ultimate Fighter. Saw the Randy Chuck LHW title fight and was hooked after that. My fav fighters would include...

Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz, Nick Diaz, Andre Arlovski, Mike Swick, Fedor Emeilenko. (I know some of those are Pride fighters, but I am speaking MMA in general)

But ahem. I could go on for days about how much I love mixed martial art fights. But I will shut up now. Btw, I hope Randy destroys Tim at the PPV this weekend. War Couture!
Stephen

Postby Tommy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:32 pm

I don't like Tito Ortiz that much.

I used to think Chuck Lidell was the man until he versed that guy at Pride F.C. and got DESTROYED.

Gracie was the original and in my mind still the best.

<<edit: Thanks, Steve. =D>>

I wish they put those fights on youtube.
I don't have Payperview.
Tommy

Postby Stephen » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:14 pm

Well, yes. Rampage beat him down a few years back. In Chucks defense, his knee was a bit messed up though. ACL problems. Plus, Chuck was still growing as a fighter at that point. Chuck is on a 2 year tear. Has obliterated everyone put in his way, and I honestly belive *WHEN* Rampage Chuck 2 happens (rumored for September) Chuck will take Rampage out by KO or TKO in the first round. By every respectable MMA website online, Chuck is listed as the #1 205lb fighter in the world. While I am not his biggest fan, I respect what he has done. Gracie was an original, but far from a Mixed Martial Artist. He is a Jiu Jitsu guy. During his day, nobody knew what guard was. Nobody knew what chokes were. He ran through kick boxers. If you took 90s Gracie and put him in now, he would get destroyed. (like Matt Hughes did to him earlier last year) I respect guys like Shamrock, and Gracie, but they were not well-rounded enough. And it showed as the game evolved. I think I will start posting random UFC and Pride info on this thread when I learn of it. I know there have to be more MMA fans on CAA. I know Jamie likes it a bit.
Stephen

Postby Tommy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:21 pm

I suppose your right.

Thanks for the info on Chuck, by the way.
Tommy

Postby Stephen » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:46 pm

Thing with Liddel is, he has KO'd some of my fav fighters. So in a way, I really want to see him lose. But the fact is, he knocked the guys out. He deserves to be where he is. Now what the UFC needs to do is sign Fedor from Pride. He would take out any UFC heavyweight (except the recent Pride signed Crocop) in round 1. He has already beaten Crocop before by decision. But that dude is a monster. Nobody can touch him at heavyweight. His only recorded loss, was from an illegal move in a tourny. Because it was a tourny the other guy was allowed to continue. (Fedor was cut with an illegal elbow) So really, his only loss is not a loss. But anyway, I am very excited about this weekends card. I will post full results in here after the PPV. As well as my opinion on the fights. (Because I know people care) *laughs* From the looks of it Tom, we are the only 2 UFC fans active on CAA right now.
Stephen

Postby Stephen » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:44 pm

Ok. The Weigh-In's are in the book. All fighters made weight, and are ready to fight tomorrow night.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3527&zoneid=2

Now, because I know you are all dieing to know my picks, here we go.

Babalu is gonna submit Lambert via RNC (rear naked choke) in round 2. He will set this up with strikes, to avoid the punches Lambert will give up his back and get choked out.

Matt Hughes is going to maul Lytle. First round TKO stoppage. It will be ugly, and it will end pretty fast. Towards the end of round 1.

Rich Franklin and Jason MacDonald. I see Jason almost getting a submission in round one...but I think Rich shows heart, gets out. In round 2 Rich will connect with a shot...TKO win for Rich towards the end of round 2.

Big Tim and Randy. As much as I detest Sylvia and love Randy...this fight is going to be ugly. I see Randy getting lucky and surviving round one. He probably gets stunned at some point during the round. In round 2, he takes another shot and goes down. Big Tim jumps on top and pounds him out. TKO win for Tim Sylvia in round 2.

Also, from what I hear the winner of Randy vs Tim is going to face the winner of Crocop vs Gonzaga. (that fight takes place end of April in London) For those who might not know who Crocop is. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic.

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?FighterID=2326

He is widly considered the #2 Heavyweight in the world behind Fedor in Pride. A fight between him and Tim is quite fun to think about. So, considering that Randy is a huge underdog...we may get to see Tim vs Crocop soon. My pick there? Crocop by brutal KO round 2.
Stephen

Postby Stephen » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:43 pm

Triple post. Someone ban this postbot.

*laughs* Ok. Review time of UFC 68.

Boy was I wrong about Babalu. He almost had a RNC in in round one, dominated the round...then at the very end...Lambert blasted him with a few shots and seemingly killed his spirit for the fight. Round 2, Lambert drops Babalu with a KO shot when Babalu was lunging in. Huge win for underdog Lambert.

Hughes and Lytle...I gotta admit, I dunno if I was shocked at Lytles ability...or sickened at Hughes. This fight went the 3 rounds to decision. Hughes wins, but is this the same monster that blew everyone away at the WW title? Bah. I don't see St. Piere losing his belt any time soon. At least not to Hughes.

Fraklin and MacDonald. Someone gimme a cookie for this one. MacDonald almost gets Rich in a weird triangle style choke...Rich survives. End of Round 2 Rich hurts MacDonald bad. The ref actually let it go...round ends, but MacDonalds corner throws the towel in. So Franklin gets a huge win. After the fight, current 185lb champ Anderson Silva came in, and was very respectful to Rich. I hope in there rematch, Rich does better. (Silva destroyed Franklin in the first round to take the belt a few months back)

And now, fight of the night. 43 year old Randy the Natural Couture, comes out of retirement to fight current Heavy Weight champ, Tim Sylvia. I won't be drawn out, Randy took the fight to Tim, and Randy beat Tim. First round, first punch Randy floors Sylvia with a huge right....Tim survives, but basicly Randy dominated Tim the whole fight. Take down after take down. Punishing shot, after punishing shot. By the end of the fight Tims one eye was completely swollen shut. This is quite possibly the best MMA fight I have ever seen....and I was shocked. At 43, Randy has done what nobody has ever done so many times. Every fan was on there feet at the end was Randy pounded away knowing he was seconds from another title run. Crazy crazy night. If you get a chance to get this PPV while its still showing...do. Or buy the DVD when it comes out. I have never cheered harder during a fight (Gypsy and Lightbringer were both going nuts as well) I felt like such a fanboy when it was over. But man. What a return for The Natural. All three judges score this 50-45 for the new UFC heavyweight champion, Randy The "Natural" Couture.
Stephen

Postby Stephen » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:13 pm

Stephen

Postby Tommy » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:18 am

Is that image supposed to move?
Tommy

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:02 pm

There is a MMA tournament that is to be held here that I would love to go to. No moneis for tickets. :sniffle: Genesis.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Stephen » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:21 pm

Yes Tom, yhat image should be moving. Its a gif file. Is it moving for you?
Stephen

Postby Tommy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:25 am

No, but most avatars that are supposed to here, don't move for me.

*Sigh*
Tommy

Postby Stephen » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:00 am

Oh, well. It just showed Randy throwing a frontleg roundhouse, making Tim think for a second...and following it up with a monster right hand that took Tim off his feet. Btw. I will be posting my picks for the next PPV somtime towards the end of the month.
Stephen

Postby The Doctor » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:13 am

Ken Shamrock!
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby Tommy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:32 pm

Fight Night, baby!

Go Kenny Florian (as far as Lightweights go).
Tommy

Postby Stephen » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:29 pm

I won't be able to yammer my opinion on this till after the PPV Sat Night. (Friend is taping the Fightnight so I won't see it till then)
Stephen

Postby Tommy » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:21 am

Do you watch Ultimate Fighter, Ark?

Season 5 premiered last night.
It was sick.
Tommy

Postby Stephen » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:33 am

I won't see episode 1 till Saturday probably. I did however read the results of the Fight Night.

[SPOILER]I was pretty amused after all that smack talk....Guillard got choked out like a doop[/SPOILER]

Congrats to Florian as well. I hear he looked very crisp and clean with his shots.
Stephen

Return to General Entertainment