Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Felix » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:00 pm

So... has anyone seen it yet? It's out, right? I'm interested to hear some thoughts on it, as I haven't had the chance to see it yet.
Felix

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:07 am

i saw it saturday, i was very pleased with it, although i think they could have made it a little longer (it was only about an hour and a half), i like the original storyline that they used and they made plenty of leeway for a sequel, the turtles actually seemed, well, to fight like ninjas, not just with martial arts but making use of throwing knives and that sort of thing

so basically, if you haven't seen it yet, go see it
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:42 am

I asked my brother about it (he saw it), and, in his words, "TMNT was actually decent. I felt like I was watching Saturday Morning cartoons again. Lots of over-the-top cheese, though." XD

I'm sure I'll end up watching it someday soon, if only for nostalgia's sake. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:28 pm

I think I'll wait for it to show at the dollar theatre before I see it. At first I was feeling really skeptical about this movie, but...I've seen a lot of fans say that it's decent, so I've warmed up to the idea a little more.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Headkicker9000 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:59 pm

It was silly, over the top, cheesy, and I loved every minute of it!
Headkicker9000

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:53 am

My brother went and saw it when I was in the mountains, he said it was great. I'll probably go and see it after I get my first paycheck.
WrestlingOtaku

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:14 am

Not a movie that seems to excite me enough to go see it in thearters. I will wait for it to come out on DVD, so I can rent it.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Tommy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:32 pm

My friends told me it was horrible and they all loved TMNT as a kid.

I'm seeing it anyways.
Tommy

Postby Tarnish » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:23 pm

I liked it.

But it was no surprise to me that all the people I went with hated it. As far as I can tell, this is a "love it or hate it" movie to the extreme.
Tarnish

Postby The Doctor » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:13 pm

love it or hate it, there'll be a TMNT II because of all the money it's made AND since it knocked 300 off the No. 1 spot in the nation's top ten movies.
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:13 pm

I just got back from seeing it.

I have to say, I was surprised. XD

I went in with really low expectations, because I figured it couldn't be that good with Panic! At the Disco, James Arnold Taylor (AKA Tidus, to the FF fans), and some really crazy looking (human) character designs on top of that, but it was actually really enjoyable. They stayed true to the characters, Raphael got lots of screen time, and some of the lines were pretty funny. I like how they left room open for a sequel; I hope they bring back some familiar villains for those of us who grew up with the old cartoon and the NES games. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:03 pm

Anybody want to buy me a ticket to go see this? XD; I'm really curious about it now...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:44 pm

I just got back from it and I really enjoyed it. The only part I really didn't like to much was that Shredder wasn't in the movie. That fact kinda took away from the nastalgia factor, which is why many people went to see it probably, but I still loved the movie and I will get it on DVD. Next on the summer movie list.... PotC 3...
WrestlingOtaku

Previous

Return to General Entertainment