New POTC trailer

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

New POTC trailer

Postby Zilch » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:02 pm

Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:09 pm

Looks like a good time. I hope it is better than DMC.

*Prays for a HD quicktime version*
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby The Doctor » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:41 pm

I liked Dead Man's Chest....and hated it.

At first, I hated it because they messed around with Jack Sparrow's character...
but I like it because the story was interesting, if a tad big.

I can't wait to see At World's End. It looks like it's going to rock!
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:44 am

This looks like a huge improvement on the second movie. I loved the imagination of Davey Jone's creatures (demons?) but the movie was lacking the fun and ingenuity of the first.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:02 am

The Doctor wrote:I liked Dead Man's Chest....and hated it.

Me too. I mean, I loved some of the action scenes and the overall story (especially the internal mythology of Davey Jones, hinted at in Dead Man's Chest, and probably expanded upon in the new one) as well as the Flying Dutchman, but frankly the screenplay is a mess. THere are too many sub-plots that run parallel and too much dialogue that ambigious in the frustrating sense. But I've said all this before, somewhere.

On the other hand it expanded upon the roles of much of the supporting cast, making the movie move more towards an ensemble cast. Too bad about the flaws.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Zilch » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:55 am

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:This looks like a huge improvement on the second movie. I loved the imagination of Davey Jone's creatures (demons?) but the movie was lacking the fun and ingenuity of the first.

I wasn't the only one that noticed the fun seemed a bit sidelined? I noticed that also. I really did like Dead Man's Chest, though, even if it was a wee bit darker than the first one.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby JediSonic » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:08 am

I too hope 3 will be more like 1 for awesomeness. Oddly enough, I liked the beginning of 2 the best (hilarious escape-the-cannibals scene) but became disillusioned when Norrington showed up as a drunk. He was so cool in the first one!

Just my 2 cents
JediSonic

Postby dyzzispell » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:11 am

ikimasu wrote:Looks like a good time. I hope it is better than DMC.

[URL]http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/piratesofthecaribbeanatworldsend.html]

Hopefully that will work - that's your HD Quicktime version. XD
In Christ,
Dyzzi

Also on Smackjeeves
"Work In Progress" Facebook Fan Page
My DeviantART

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..." - Colossians 3:23 NIV
dyzzispell

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:39 am

Hey, wow, that looks pretty good. I'm hoping for an improvement from the second movie with this, like the rest of you. The second one, while it was good, lacked the witty humor and feel of the first movie, but from the looks of this trailer, this third installment looks pretty awesome. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:29 am

Actually, I liked Norrington better in the second one, right to the end. As for my feelings on DMC, I just liked it. No hate there. I was expecting to hate it, but I came out loving it.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby The Doctor » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:41 am

If you liked the first Pirates movie and hope the third one will be more like the first, don't bet on it.

Terry Rossio and his writing partner really liked what they did with DMC and I doubt they feel any need whatsoever to return to the feel of the first one.
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:36 am

dyzzispell wrote:[URL]http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/piratesofthecaribbeanatworldsend.html]

Hopefully that will work - that's your HD Quicktime version. XD

Thank you! :D
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Yojimbo » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:36 am

I'll have to miss this one I'll be at Fort Benning...too bad looking forward to if for nothing more than entertainment value it even if DMC was dissapointing.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:22 pm

I'd contribute something meaningful to the conversation, but I'm too busy jumping around and screaming with joy to do anything else.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Stephen » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:04 pm

I liked the second movie more than the first. So I am sure I will love the third.
Stephen

Postby memmer66 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:32 am

ikimasu wrote:Looks like a good time. I hope it is better than DMC.

I loved DMC. I thought it was a very good sequel.
[SIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/Ryuketsu/battleroyale.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Best Beginning To A Review EVER: The fact that I watched this movie after eating poisonous mushrooms only went to enhance the realism :lol:
memmer66

Return to General Entertainment