Enjoying a "stinker"...

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:50 pm

Don Bluth films DO rock^^ I mean, they were some of the first videos I saw and owned as a toddler. I've really been meaning to rewatch An American Tail over, too. Been... many years! When I rewatched ADGTH for the first time since I was little and didn't understand alot of the concepts, I realized how quite mature of a cartoon it really was. And, the bad concept of it too that "All dogs go to heaven, because unlike people, dogs are born loyal and kind". I was just like nodding and going "mmmhmmm....". But that's beside the point^^ Still a great movie. And just like in the Don Bluth movies with (the ORIGINAL) Land Before Time and so forth. I even enjoyed that Rockadoodle one, and wish I could rewatch it one day, but I sold it years ago :/ Just you know, wanted some nostalgia^^

As for Secret of NIMH, I read the book but only seen part of the movie, although I did see the sequel a while ago. An American Tail's sequel was definately a gooder (the first sequel, that is^^ Haven't even seen the other two).

Speaking of "dark movies", I have been slightly disturbed by some cartoons. Saw the last half of the Watership Down movie and I was like "0_0..." Looked into a movie based on a book by the same author called "The Plague Dogs" which looks equally, if not, MORE disturbing :/ Like oy, they are NOT for kids! Heck, don't even think I'd want to watch it after viewing screenshots >_<

...I'm done my ramble of the day^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kkun » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:35 am

The movies I would rather watch more than anything else are B horror and comedy movies, so no. I enjoy a good "stinker" and it doesn't bother me that I do. They're the best kind of movie out there.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:54 am

Tenshi no Ai wrote:Speaking of "dark movies", I have been slightly disturbed by some cartoons. Saw the last half of the Watership Down movie and I was like "0_0..." Looked into a movie based on a book by the same author called "The Plague Dogs" which looks equally, if not, MORE disturbing :/ Like oy, they are NOT for kids! Heck, don't even think I'd want to watch it after viewing screenshots >_<

I saw part of Watership Down on TV once. Some scenes made it look like the animators were all on acid trips or something. XD It was pretty bizarre, but I wouldn't think a kid would be interested in a political satire anyway. XD Still, I'd like to see it in its entirety one day, when I have time/when it comes on TV again. XD

Or, I could just read the book, and skip the trippy animation. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby bigsleepj » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:45 am

SirThinks2Much wrote:All Dogs Go to Heaven: for some reason critics HATE this movie! "Too dark" or "not funny" come on! So it's not Winnie the Pooh. Great characters and animation.

Roger Ebert liked it. :) Gave it three out of four stars.

SirThinks2Much wrote:And I haven't seen Secret of NIMH...*makes seeing all Don Bluth films a lifetime goal*

I think Secret of NIMH is his best film (though it is flawed). It also has some very creepy, scary imagery in it. I should get it on DVD.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby rocklobster » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:47 am

stay away from the sequel.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Tommy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:40 pm

Which one? NIHM or All Dogs...? XD
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:00 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:I saw part of Watership Down on TV once. Some scenes made it look like the animators were all on acid trips or something. XD It was pretty bizarre, but I wouldn't think a kid would be interested in a political satire anyway. XD

I was just disturbed by the violence brought on in such a cartoon :/ Anime violence is one thing, but for a cartoon like that, found in the kids/family section of most video rentals, it was sort of creepy :/
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Puguni » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:05 pm

Sometimes, I'd probably rent a Disney sequel, just to see how the-brain-child-that-should-never-be turned out. Take Cinderella 3 and Bambi 2; they just seem so bad that you have to watch it, for laughs.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Tommy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:47 pm

I thought Lady and the Tramp 2 crushed the original.

That would be because Scamp is my favorite character in the Lady and the Tramp franchise and his role in the original is well....small.
Tommy

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:53 pm

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Yes, I know both Ebert and Roeper listed it among the 10 worst films that year, that it butchered its own source material, that the rest of my family doesn't like it, that it eventually succumbed to standard villain tactics (revealing the evil plan and all that), that Tom Sawyer was an unneeded character, and could easily have been a much, much better film.

But at the end of the day, it had a nifty concept, and I was entertained, and sometimes that's all I ask.
Fish and Chips

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:32 pm

Wow. I can't help but smile at the naiveté with which some of ya'll are discussing "stinkers." I'm not to knock anyone here, of course; but as a person who enjoys watching unspeakable Z-movie heaps like Manos: The Hands of Fate, Monster A Go-Go, and Plan 9 from Outer Space, I happen to think that Titan AE was greeted like Gone With The Wind .
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Rocketshipper » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:14 am

"Cannibal Women in the Avacado Jungle of Death"!!!
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Rachel » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:27 pm

I loved Snakes On a Plane. I'm wearing the shirt right now.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Puguni » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:40 pm

Update on Cinderella 3:

We rented the movie for my baby sister. It is VERY bad. Me and my other sister had fun tearing it apart MST3K style. Best quote in the movie: "The talking mice told me that I'm under a spell!" by the Prince or something like that.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Previous

Return to General Entertainment