Ghost Rider

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Ghost Rider

Postby Tommy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:44 pm

Has anyone seen this movie?

Being the Marvel nerd I am (DC sucks in comparison, sorry) I had to see it.

Well, the movie was quite cliche is the "damsel" section, but the movie in itself was extremely good. Nicky Cage at his bestest (eat 'dat bad grammar, Corrie).

It was also cool that the most powerful Marvel character was the villain of this flick. Powerful he may but can he beat the Ghost Rider.

You can find that out yourselves. ;)
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Jack Bond » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:53 pm

Without psychoanalyzing like my family does, I'd say it's a great movie.
Jack Bond

Postby Nate » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:58 pm

I enjoyed it. I found it entertaining, and that's all I expected from the movie, I didn't expect Shakespeare.

I thought Cage's acting was particularly bad, but not as bad as Blackheart or whoever. Still, like I said, I enjoyed it. The scene where he got thrown in jail was awesome.

By the way, you'd think in a world with the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, and the Hulk, that a news reporter wouldn't be surprised that a woman claimed to have been saved from a mugger by a guy with a flaming skull...but whatever. XD

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Tommy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:28 pm

Well, as we both know, Marvel is separated into tons of different universes (<--is that a word? Well, considering the only place that there would be more than one universe is in fiction...).

For the most part, Marvel movies released as of recent take place in a universe where the other heroes aren't present with the exception of the new FF movie coming out.

(FF as in Fantastic Four, not the stretched-out RPG series that in my mind is dead.)
Tommy

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:45 pm

I think the cinemetography made me ill during most of the movie. I didn't have much against the movie except the butthead directing the cameramen. You could always tell someone was evil because the camera would start jumping around at random. It was cut horribly. They weren't the four demons of the elements. They were the four demons of the attrocious camera work.
[spoiler]I think the movie capped out for me at the scene with the two Ghost Riders. I'm a big western nut, so that really pushed just about every good button I have. I want the music from that scene and the end, too. I can't seem to find tha version of Riders in the Sky anywhere.[/spoiler]
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Stephen » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:54 pm

I loved it. I thought Cage did a great job with it. (Do you know he really has a Ghost Rider tattoo? They had to cover it during filming) I hated the villans, they felt cardboard. That was my only real beef.
Stephen

Postby Tommy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:00 pm

Next to no action though. That was my pet peeve.

Well, no close-handed combat which would have been sick.
Tommy

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:09 am

Tom Dincht wrote:Well, as we both know, Marvel is separated into tons of different universes (<--is that a word? Well, considering the only place that there would be more than one universe is in fiction...).

Except when they must rally together to face off against their one shared, natural enemy: Capcom.
Fish and Chips

Postby Joshua Christopher » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:24 am

Fish and Chips wrote:Except when they must rally together to face off against their one shared, natural enemy: Capcom.

Wait wait wait, are we talking about the *movies* or the *comics*? Because all of the movies are a sort of amalgamation of 616 and Ultimate characters, and 616 and Ultimate, respectively, take place in a cohesive universe. (in the comics, that is). Plus it must be noted that the movies usually have little references to other Marvel characters (like Dr. Strange in Spiderman 2).

I am not going to watch Ghost Rider because I have no interest in the character, and it looks like a bad movie.

Still, I've always thought that at some point in one of the Marvel movies, another Marvel character should have some brief little cameo, kind of like Stan used to do in the comics.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:59 pm

Yeah, as far as I'm aware (mind you, I'm more of a DC guy than a marvel guy, but I do like Ultimate X-men) there are two major universes that pretty much every marvel property except for the infinity style comics and maybe a handfull of others can be put in to. I like it better than way anyway. Cohesive universes are the rocks to the chest.
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Mi-Ru-Me » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:09 pm

One word "Cheezy" thats all.
Mi-Ru-Me

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:52 pm

It did certainly feel like a movie whose script was rubbed with the doritos eaten by the writers.
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:44 pm

Yeah you are incorrect Tom, Joshua is right about the Marvel universes they pretty much are in synch with a few exceptions. And the movies may not mention much of the other Marvel teams or characters but Marvel characters proper do collide and do so quite often. The Fantastic Four, X-Men, the Avengers, Spiderman, Hulk, so on all overlap each other's series very very often. My suggestion is to actually read the comics or at least Wiki them. Oh and DC is awesome.

I haven't seen this movie and I probably won't till it comes out on DVD. I don't really want to see another Marvel get gutted. The whole point of Ghostrider was that he made the concious choice of selling his soul to the devil and that he was trying to find redemption after living with that terrible decision.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:10 pm

Gutted isn't exactly the word I'd use for it... It's definitely true to the spirit of the comic.
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Nate » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:35 pm

Mi-Ru-Me wrote:One word "Cheezy" thats all.

It's a movie about a guy with a flaming skull for a head that has a bike that's alive. What did you expect, Shakespeare?

As far as the statement about the Marvel movies taking place in the same universe. It is my understanding that they do. Now, obviously, for the sake of each movie standing on its own, they aren't going to do any crossovers or anything. For example, mutants weren't mentioned in The Punisher at all, and the Baxter Building was nowhere in sight in Spider-Man (even though it really SHOULD have been visible).

Still, even if the movies do not mention each other, they still do take place in the same universe, meaning even though they're not specifically talked about, mutants exist in the Ghost Rider movie, which still makes it odd that a news reporter would find a guy with a flaming skull for a head to be laughable.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:44 pm

The comic universes may be overlapping, but separately handled commercial films, however, not so much probably.
Fish and Chips

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:49 am

Going a bit off on a tangent here. If Marvel univereses overlap, then why did the filmmakers wait 'til Daredevil to show off Kingpin? He's Spiderman's enemy more than Daredevil's.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby kyoto » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:15 am

I like marvel more becouse all the charecters link up more and are more connected together than DC's random combinations. having said that, DC has some pretty cool people there too, but marvel makes more sense than the random DC.Thats my story.
Behold though the flames of the battle of life stands the the general Kyoto-the ballista of God!!!
However; he is not alone for he always battles by the Lords side
kyoto

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:00 am

When it comes to superheroes, I like Batman, and that's about it.
Fish and Chips

Postby Stephen » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:31 am

K.Ayato wrote:Going a bit off on a tangent here. If Marvel univereses overlap, then why did the filmmakers wait 'til Daredevil to show off Kingpin? He's Spiderman's enemy more than Daredevil's.

Just try to forget that Daredevil was ever made. For starters, Affleck is about as good of an actor as say Uwe Boll is as good a director. The movies plot was garbage, and they messed up a ton of stuff.
Stephen

Postby Joshua Christopher » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:44 am

ShatterheartArk wrote:Just try to forget that Daredevil was ever made. For starters, Affleck is about as good of an actor as say Uwe Boll is as good a director. The movies plot was garbage, and they messed up a ton of stuff.

Watch the Director's Cut. It's actually pretty decent.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:51 am

And I actually kind of like Afleck as an actor. He does what he does very well. Don't exactly like most of the movies hes in, but I like him as an actor.
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Icarus » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:09 pm

To K. Ayato, it really depends on where you are in the comics. While the Kingpin has come to blows with Spidey, he hasn't caused him nearly as much grief as he has Daredevil.

And to stay somewhat on topic, I saw it about a week ago. Not bad.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Tommy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:23 pm

Yojimbo wrote:Yeah you are incorrect Tom.

Oh yeah? Picture Spider Man or the Hulk being in The Punisher 2.

I still stick to my beliefs that the overlapping of the heroes' universe is rare in the movies. However, it isn't rare to see villains of a different series in a different heroes movie. I believe I've seen the X-Men face off against the villain of this film more than Ghost Rider, but then again I never really got into the Ghost Rider comics.

In the comics, everything pretty much overlaps, but in the movies, the hero's usually don't meet.

EDIT: Yojimbo, I just meant in the movies so I'm not "incorrect." I'm a Marvel fan, remember? I've done my homework.
But then again, I guess I worded it wrong. My bad.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:56 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Oh yeah? Picture Spider Man or the Hulk being in The Punisher 2.

I still stick to my beliefs that the overlapping of the heroes' universe is rare in the movies. However, it isn't rare to see villains of a different series in a different heroes movie. I believe I've seen the X-Men face off against the villain of this film more than Ghost Rider, but then again I never really got into the Ghost Rider comics.

In the comics, everything pretty much overlaps, but in the movies, the hero's usually don't meet.

EDIT: Yojimbo, I just meant in the movies so I'm not "incorrect." I'm a Marvel fan, remember? I've done my homework.
But then again, I guess I worded it wrong. My bad.

Yeah that's exactly what you did. Yes they're pretty much seperate in the movies but not in the comics.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:03 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:In the comics, everything pretty much overlaps, but in the movies, the hero's usually don't meet.

Which is totally and completely lame. I want a Spidey/Punisher crossover. They make such an amusing team.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Joshua Christopher » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:22 pm

ikimasu wrote:Which is totally and completely lame. I want a Spidey/Punisher crossover. They make such an amusing team.

Heck, didn't The Punisher first show up in Spiderman?
Joshua Christopher

Postby Cognitive Gear » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:25 pm

Joshua Christopher wrote:Heck, didn't The Punisher first show up in Spiderman?

Yup. As his enemy, no less. He had been deceived by the Jackal. I don't recall the details, though.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Joshua Christopher » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:46 am

ikimasu wrote:Yup. As his enemy, no less. He had been deceived by the Jackal. I don't recall the details, though.

they should do it like the cartoon where punisher had turquoise clothes and laser guns

Joshua Christopher

Postby Tommy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:34 pm

XD That would work.

The Punisher was a mob movie more than a superhero movie.
The Russian was like Drago gone wrong in that movie! XD
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Next

Return to General Entertainment