the bridge to terabithia

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

the bridge to terabithia

Postby Phantasmagloria » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:24 pm

this movie looks (from the trailer) really really bad. Ive read the book and from what i saw, the movie is nothing like it!!!! maybe its because disney made it........>:p
i dont really want to go see it anymore. This (to me) looks like one of those movies that totally kills the image of the book. :bang:
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"]Four words to[color="Red"][font="Impact"] choke[/font][/color] on[/SIZE][/font][SIZE="5"] [color="SlateGray"]Look at me now[/color][/SIZE].
mathgrant wrote:auspines is banned because he can't spell Fatnasmalgiora's name correctly.

[color="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="4"]Dont let the skirt fool you
[color="SeaGreen"]fIeLd HoCkEy[/color][/SIZE][/color]
[SIZE="4"][color="MediumTurquoise"]We bust ours...so we can kick yours. BRING IT ON!:mutter:[/color][/SIZE]
[color="Magenta"](¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
.¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´

*If you love someone from afar copy this into your sig*[/color]

[SIZE="5"][font="Century Gothic"]Just because it's not alive doesn't mean it's [color="Red"]DeAd[/color].[/font] [/SIZE]

[color="Red"]Im riding on the...[/color]
|__|__|__|__|__|__|__|_____\
|__M[color="red"]C[/color]R [color="red"]F[/color]A[color="red"]N[/color] B[color="red"]U[/color]S_|_| __\
|_________________ |_| ____|
|_(@'@)____________|_|(@)__l
:dizzy:[color="DeepSkyBlue"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
Phantasmagloria

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:48 pm

Phantasmagloria wrote: Ive read the book and from what i saw, the movie is nothing like it!!!!

How so? I read the book in Elementary school, and it's pretty much the same thing: 2 kids who make-believe a fantasy land. How else could you visually depict a child's imagination?
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Phantasmagloria » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:57 pm

but in the movie they say that the children believe that they are the kings and queens of their land. in MY opinion i think that that doesnt include iron giants and metal hands with firearms...thats all
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"]Four words to[color="Red"][font="Impact"] choke[/font][/color] on[/SIZE][/font][SIZE="5"] [color="SlateGray"]Look at me now[/color][/SIZE].
mathgrant wrote:auspines is banned because he can't spell Fatnasmalgiora's name correctly.

[SIZE="4"][color="MediumTurquoise"]We bust ours...so we can kick yours. BRING IT ON!:mutter:[/color][/SIZE]
[color="Magenta"](¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
.¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´

[SIZE="5"][font="Century Gothic"]Just because it's not alive doesn't mean it's [color="Red"]DeAd[/color].[/font] [/SIZE]

|__M[color="red"]C[/color]R [color="red"]F[/color]A[color="red"]N[/color] B[color="red"]U[/color]S_|_| __\
:dizzy:[color="DeepSkyBlue"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
Phantasmagloria

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:07 pm

Well, that's how movies go. They will ALWAYS be altered in some way from the books, and sometimes it is a good thing. I mean, even with Narnia some parts were changed away a little bit, but the movie was awsome. I guess I personally don't just want to judge a movie until I've actually seen it...

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Phantasmagloria » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:18 pm

im just saying that TO ME it doesnt look that good. though i do respect your opinion, and maybe im being too harsh on it already...

[color="Magenta"](¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
.¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´

Phantasmagloria

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:29 pm

I've seen the previews for it, and it looks like something I'd plop down and watch for two hours. I've never read the book, so my opinion of the movie probably won't be affected by it. Anyways, it at least looks interesting, so I'd like to see it eventually.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Ashley » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:03 pm

Yeah, I read the book too, and I was fairly disappointed as well. It looked more like Narnia than anything else, rather than being true to the spirit of the book itself. Still, it looks good enough to watch it for free, like at someone's house or something.
Ashley

Postby Nate » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:10 pm

I dunno, I thought the trailer looked pretty rad.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby EireWolf » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:17 pm

I got movie tickets for my birthday; maybe I'll use them to go see this. I'm all for supporting fantasy in the arts. :thumb: :lol:

(If you don't get why I'm laughing... I'm a fantasy artist.) :grin:
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby Mega.EXE » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:39 am

I'm just going to see it for the Skittles XD
Mega.EXE

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:06 pm

The ads look terrific IMO.It certainly is something I would spend money to see,or at least to get the DVD.Movies aren't generally like the books they're based on in any case so there isn't much of an argument there.
mitsuki lover

Postby Puguni » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:24 pm

^^ No worries. The trailer is, according to others, just a small part of the movie. It actually is pretty faithful to the book apparently. I thought the exact same thing, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

But I am a bit sore at how they exaggerated the fantasy bit of the novel.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:08 pm

Well it has to be exaggerated because of the fact it being film.
mitsuki lover

Postby Felix » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:15 pm

I haven't read the book, but from what I can tell, this follows it pretty closely, and it's a really good movie! *just saw it today*
All of you doubting thomas's out there should just go see it and get proven wrong, it was really quite good, in my opinion.
Felix

Postby silverSky » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:15 pm

Gosh I vaguely remember reading this book in school, ages ago. Sadly the one and only thing I remember was the ending. '~'

silverSky
Jhn 1: 1-5 KJ

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Psalm 115: 105-106 OKJ

105) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
106) I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgements.

Psalm 91:1-2

1) He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty
2) I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
silverSky

Postby Gypsy » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:18 pm

silverSky wrote: Sadly the one and only thing I remember was the ending.

That's no surprise, considering how it ended. I loved this book because when I read it, I was young enough to associate it as a tie-in to my beloved Narnia. You can bet I'll go see the movie, but I am curious about the tone the latter half will take. The book stayed with me a long time because of the ending, so I hope the movie mirrors that effect.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:40 pm

silverSky wrote: Sadly the one and only thing I remember was the ending.

Likewise. It's stuff like that that sticks, I guess. I vaguely remember the rest of the story, just the basic outline of it.

Tenshi no Ai

Return to General Entertainment