Movies in 2007 that you are looking forward to...

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:21 pm

I don't think anyone can judge Heath Ledger yet.

Anyone remember Toby Maguire before Spiderman? Yeah I didn't think so... What the Cider House Rules, Pleasantville? Those were definitely not movies that would indicate he would be able to play the part of Spiderman. And as we all know he did a phenomenal job. So give Heath a break before judging his credibility to play the part.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:58 pm

Yojimbo wrote:I don't think anyone can judge Heath Ledger yet.

Anyone remember Toby Maguire before Spiderman? Yeah I didn't think so... What the Cider House Rules, Pleasantville? Those were definitely not movies that would indicate he would be able to play the part of Spiderman. And as we all know he did a phenomenal job. So give Heath a break before judging his credibility to play the part.

that IS true. i, personally, believed that they would get someone like Johnny Depp, or Jim Carrey to do the Joker. i wonder how it'll turn out...
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Myoti » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:03 pm

Spiderman 3 and Transformers, mostly.

Oh, and the Castlevania movie. Techincally, yes, just filming starts now (in the fall), but hey, it's a start.
Myoti

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:46 pm

Myoti wrote:Spiderman 3 and Transformers, mostly.

Oh, and the Castlevania movie. Techincally, yes, just filming starts now (in the fall), but hey, it's a start.

Oh yeah. I heard like two years ago that they were gonna do a Castlevania movie, but I didn’t think that it was true. Wow. That’s gonna be pretty interesting…

I also heard that they might do a Golden Sun movie…

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:48 pm

jon_jinn wrote:yep. Caine's awesome. he added a spark of humor to the Batman Begins movie that i will never forget. XD

"What's the good of all those push-ups if you can't lift a bloody log?"

XD

Yojimbo wrote:Anyone remember Toby Maguire before Spiderman? Yeah I didn't think so... What the Cider House Rules, Pleasantville? Those were definitely not movies that would indicate he would be able to play the part of Spiderman. And as we all know he did a phenomenal job. So give Heath a break before judging his credibility to play the part.

The only problem with that example is that Heath Ledger has been in his fair share of well-known films, unlike Maguire at the release of Spiderman. Also, the part of Spiderman is that of a relatively average guy, while the part of the Joker is very extravagant and requires the actor to be able to display insanity in a credible way. Granted, though, we haven't seen Ledger in any movies that would put him in that kind of role, but we're also not sure if that's because he can't play that kind of role. XD We'll see, though. :thumb:

jon_jinn wrote:that IS true. i, personally, believed that they would get someone like Johnny Depp, or Jim Carrey to do the Joker. i wonder how it'll turn out...

Johnny Depp, I can kind of see, yeah. Jim Carrey would be weird, though, since he played the Riddler in one of the older Batman films. XD I did think, though, that Paul Bettany would have made a convincing Joker. *nodnod*

I also heard that they might do a Golden Sun movie…

For some reason, that sounds vaguely familiar. If they did that, though, it'd be either incredibly awesome or incredibly tacky. XD I'd hope for the former, though. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:50 pm

Spidey 3
Order of the Phoenix
Transformers, even if it sucks (my stance on Aeon Flux, and I was pleasantly surprised)
Dark Knight

That's all I know about now. I'm sure there will be more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:00 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:For some reason, that sounds vaguely familiar. If they did that, though, it'd be either incredibly awesome or incredibly tacky. XD I'd hope for the former, though. XD

when i pictured it, it sorta looked like a Lord of the Rings styled adventure (at least in the first movie) with less scary monsters, and more magic...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:02 pm

I delayed my post so I could scan everyone else's, but my list still hasn't changed. Spiderman 3 is the only movie I plan to see in 2007, though someone may pull me into Pirates of the Caribbean 3. There's also a marginal chance I may see the Transformers movie if it gets exceptional reviews.
uc pseudonym

Postby Yojimbo » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:15 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:The only problem with that example is that Heath Ledger has been in his fair share of well-known films, unlike Maguire at the release of Spiderman. Also, the part of Spiderman is that of a relatively average guy, while the part of the Joker is very extravagant and requires the actor to be able to display insanity in a credible way. Granted, though, we haven't seen Ledger in any movies that would put him in that kind of role, but we're also not sure if that's because he can't play that kind of role. XD We'll see, though. :thumb:

Which is why they're actors they *should* be able to play any part they get.:P

But then we have Christian Bale who I guarantee you 80% of moviegoers had never heard of before Batman Begins considering the movies he did. American Psycho, Equilibrium, the Machinist, and Reign of Fire never really screamed "Batman." Especially American Psycho and The Machinist which really make you want to hate the guy not sympathize with him. Reign of Fire was pretty weak and Equilibrium while I guess qualifies as a cult movie was really about nothing but action.

Actors can suprise you and the argument that they need to have played a similar part to prove themselves doesn't really apply. This is especially trrue if we're talking about actors in their 20's and early 30's who haven't built up big pedigrees yet.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:36 pm

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Spider-man 3
Am I the only one looking forward to the Simpsons movie?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Tommy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:06 pm

Yojimbo wrote:300
300 will have sex/nudity in it along with the extreme amounts of violence.

I'm pretty sure that's the NC17 version in IMAX.

The Normal version I believe is PG-13.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby [GMOD]Vedicardi » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:15 pm

If enemy of the state 2 is coming out next year, it's got my vote.

Otherwise, I'm not too sure, although 300 looks pretty good.
Come quietly to the camp
You'd look nice as a drawstring lamp
Don't you worry, it's only a shower
For your clothes here's a pretty flower.
[GMOD]Vedicardi

Postby Nate » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:23 am

Tom Dincht wrote:I'm pretty sure that's the NC17 version in IMAX.

The Normal version I believe is PG-13.

Dude, where did you get NC-17 from?

The MPAA issued an R rating for 300 for graphic battle sequences throughout, some sexuality and nudity.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Tommy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:42 am

From Wikipedia.
It was probably false info because they changed it to what you just said.
My Bad.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:27 am

There are five movies that I'm looking forward to seeing:

1) Order of the Pheonix
2) Order of the Pheonix
3) Order of the Pheonix
4) Spider Man 3
5) Pirates of the Caribbean 3.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby rocklobster » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:57 am

Man, you are really looking forward to Harry Potter, eh, Osaka. You and your sis are so alike it's scary.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:12 pm

rocklobster wrote:Am I the only one looking forward to the Simpsons movie?

I had forgotten about that. If people who have similar senses of humor to me say that it's funny, then I may see this at some point.
uc pseudonym

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:28 pm

When I first saw the ad for 300 I thought it was going to be another videogame.

Has anyone seen the ads for Amazing Grace?
Evidently they made a film about John Newton the author of Amazing Grace.
mitsuki lover

Postby memmer66 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:42 pm

Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End
Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix
Shrek The Third
The Hills Have Eyes 2
[SIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/Ryuketsu/battleroyale.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Best Beginning To A Review EVER: The fact that I watched this movie after eating poisonous mushrooms only went to enhance the realism :lol:
memmer66

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:33 pm

Definitely the Batman sequel Dark Knight. Yes, it's actually slated for 2008, but I can always hope. And I'm highly tempted to see 300.
Fish and Chips

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:51 pm

Not me it looks too much like someone was trying to make a videogame.It could have been done better.
mitsuki lover

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:56 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:Not me it looks too much like someone was trying to make a videogame.It could have been done better.

From the trailers, I thought the cinematography looked pretty amazing. And I mean, the movie is about a historical event (Sparta taking 300 men against the Persian army). Any relation to a video game is pretty unlikely, unless you consider other historical films to be video game-esque as well.
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:22 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:From the trailers, I thought the cinematography looked pretty amazing. And I mean, the movie is about a historical event (Sparta taking 300 men against the Persian army). Any relation to a video game is pretty unlikely, unless you consider other historical films to be video game-esque as well.

The movie is base off the comic book by Frank Miller, which is base off the old movie, which is base off a historical event.

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:05 pm

Based off a historical battle, yes, but likely with fantasy-elements. The term "Based" is fairly loose these days. And if it looksl like a video game, that's probably because they used bluescreens extensively for scenery and touch-ups.
Fish and Chips

Postby crossalchemist » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:24 pm

I too am highly tempted to see 300. I think it might be one of those movies I rent though. Unless one of my friends really likes it. Other then that I am waiting intently for:

Spider-Man 3
Transformers
TMNT
The Invisible
Pirates: At World's End
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Beowulf

Movies I might go see, but I am skeptical about:
Evan Almighty
The Simpsons Movie
Kickin' it Old Skool
In the Name of the King
The Eye
formerly known as linwood

"The power of Christ forgives you!"
-Brett (a friend from college, parodying the famous line from 'The Exorcist'.)

My new homepage!

My Infamously Semi-Famous Story Blog:
The Sheehy Brothers Adventures!

Dr. Bryan Enderle, Chemistry lecturer at the University of California at Davis gives an excellent talk on Science vs. Faith once in a great while. I tried to record it once, with very limited success, this link is what I have.
Science vs. Faith
crossalchemist

Location: Somewhere far far away, where they'll never find me.

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:25 pm

linwood wrote:I too am highly tempted to see 300. I think it might be one of those movies I rent though. Unless one of my friends really likes it. Other then that I am waiting intently for:

Spider-Man 3
Transformers
TMNT
The Invisible
Pirates: At World's End
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Beowulf

Whoa, Beowulf is slated for release this year? I've been anticipating that one, I hope it's good. :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby crossalchemist » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:27 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Whoa, Beowulf is slated for release this year? I've been anticipating that one, I hope it's good. :D
As do I! Yup, November. Best medivel work ever! With the exception of a few other Scandinavian tales.
formerly known as linwood

"The power of Christ forgives you!"
-Brett (a friend from college, parodying the famous line from 'The Exorcist'.)

My new homepage!

My Infamously Semi-Famous Story Blog:
The Sheehy Brothers Adventures!

Dr. Bryan Enderle, Chemistry lecturer at the University of California at Davis gives an excellent talk on Science vs. Faith once in a great while. I tried to record it once, with very limited success, this link is what I have.
Science vs. Faith
crossalchemist

Location: Somewhere far far away, where they'll never find me.

Postby Stephen » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:01 am

Spiderman 3. Even though like Nate said, I have my worries. The new Pirates movie, 300...maybe others. I will have to keep an eye on what comes out.
Stephen

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:13 am

Radical Dreamer wrote:Oh, yeah, of course! XD I love Micheal Caine, I just didn't want to fill my post with commas and actors and commas and actors. XD But I've loved him in every role I've seen him in. :D

I'm totally in love with "Batman Begins", seeing them as just better movies than all the Batman movies before it, fanboyisms aside, but the new Alfred was just not right... Batmen can come and go, but Michael Gough is the only Alfred...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:39 am

300 Reminds me of Kubrick's Spartacus for some reason.
Mr. SmartyPants

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment