SNICK - Prelude to Adult Swim

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

SNICK - Prelude to Adult Swim

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:12 pm

The big orange couch...

The cool shows...

And that Black, white and purple logo...

Saturday Night Nickeloden--better known as SNICK was the coolest thing on TV in the 90's! Share your memories here!
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Tommy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:22 pm

Orange Soda! I do I do I do! =D
Tommy

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:57 am

I don't think I ever saw it.When did it air?
mitsuki lover

Postby rocklobster » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:05 pm

I loved it! Are You Afraid of the Dark, Alex Mack, All That! Those shows rocked!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:38 pm

Oh yeah, I remember SNICK! The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo, Kenan and Kel, All That (the original cast), and...this one show about a kid whose name started with an "A"...he was an alien or something...yeah, that was a great show. XD I forget what it was called, though. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Nate » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:47 pm

Pfft, you dang kids. You don't remember the REAL SNICK, which was comprised of Ren & Stimpy, Clarissa Explains It All, and Roundhouse.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:08 pm

Nate wrote:Pfft, you dang kids. You don't remember the REAL SNICK, which was comprised of Ren & Stimpy, Clarissa Explains It All, and Roundhouse.

Nate, you're only 5 years older than I am! I know almost as much about SNICK as you do!

Don't get me started on "Clarissa Explains it All!" I bet you don't remember what Clarissa's friend name was! Ha ha!

Radical Dreamer wrote:...and...this one show about a kid whose name started with an "A"...he was an alien or something...

"The Journey of Allen Strange." Great show, even better Novelization books!

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Ashley » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:40 pm

Actually, I wasn't allowed to watch ANY of those shows, but especially not "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" =P
Ashley

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:08 pm

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:Don't get me started on "Clarissa Explains it All!" I bet you don't remember what Clarissa's friend name was! Ha ha!

Sam

The Ren and Stimpy Show was the only show that I cared for on SNICK.

Col. Roy Mustang
Roy Mustang

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:19 pm

Ashley wrote:Actually, I wasn't allowed to watch ANY of those shows, but especially not "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" =P

XD I was never allowed to watch that one, either. In fact, it was a couple years until I was allowed to watch All That and Kenan and Kel, though Shelby Woo and Allen Strange (THANK YOU, JOSH! XDD You have no idea how much that was bugging me! XD) always had the green light. I wasn't allowed to watch Clarissa Explains it All or Ren and Stimpy either, though I did know what they were. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:52 pm

I remember when Rugrats was on Snick and I vaguely remember Roundhouse. And I wasn't supposed to watch Are You Afraid of the Dark?, but I did anyway. >.>

Shelby Woo? Allen Strange? I have never even heard of those shows. o_O
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:43 pm

I was a deprived little girl...=.= we didn't have cable for the longest time. and if we did we didn't have Nick.

I dont remember getting that Channel until 1999 or so... but I did see some of those shows when I visited relatives. ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Joshua Christopher » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:14 am

Guys, Pete & Pete was the best show ever. But yeah Snick was pretty awesome.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:17 am

Clarissa Explains It all was just awesome...I'm really trying to remember all the old shows. There used to be this one, but I remember nothing about it except it was a bunch of kids fighting aliens, or something...and no, it was not Animorphs.

My favorite show, Bar NONE, was All That. It was like SNL for kids...I'm looking to buy the original series.

Also, Ren And Stimpy never did anything for me...too much ugliness. Of course, that was all before I found anime and the sweet joys that it brought me...

Yeah, I was TERRIFIED of Are You Afraid Of The Dark? But I still watched the one Gilbirt (That guy who does the Aflac commercials) episode...and that one about the stage and the ballet.

So hurray to childhood memories! To R.L. Stine, the original Power Rangers, VR in arcades, and Beatleborgs! Hurray to All That, Clarissa Explains It All, and, last but not least, Muppet Babies and the Original Muppet Theater!

Yeah, I was a wierd little kid.
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:38 am

RL Stine, Power Ranger, VR and Beatleborgs all aired on Fox Kids didn't they?

I remember Pete and Pete!! I did love that show! ^_^

I also liked Alex Mac, and THE ORIGINAL All That

"Complaint Department" and "Ask Ashley" were my favorites XD I also enjoyed "Good Burger"

The new ALL that just ruined everything for me XD .
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Lochaber Axe » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:50 am

Enough you instigators of memories past, be silent you villians of mind violence, and eat not of my time you nostalgia trippers!

Seriously, I was also one of those children that didn't have cable till high school.
Lochaber Axe

Postby Ichigo_89 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:40 am

Joshua Christopher wrote:Guys, Pete & Pete was the best show ever. But yeah Snick was pretty awesome.

Heck Yah man! Pete & Pete was my FAVE! :thumb:
Ichigo_89

Postby Mimiru14 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:07 pm

Ah,yes,those were the days..I remember watching Clarissa Explains it all,All That (when it was good) and Alex Mac! Great..now I feel old -__-
[color="Magenta"]"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default."
— J.K. Rowling [/color]

[color="Plum"]"It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's what makes it cool"[/color]:thumb:
Mimiru14

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:43 pm

The General consensus here is that everyone remembers the original "All That"...the GOOD "All That" one might say. Who was your favorite musical guest star?

KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:52 pm

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:The General consensus here is that everyone remembers the original "All That"...the GOOD "All That" one might say. Who was your favorite musical guest star?

I actually never stuck around for the musical guest stars. XD I would watch the entire show minus the musical guest stars, for some reason. I have such awesome memories of that show, though. My uncle is/was an actor (he says he's retired), and while I was watching All That one day, one of the "producers" in an opening sketch turned around in his chair and said something to one of the cast members (something about the tigers they kept in some room, I don't remember XD), and I realized, "OH MY GOSH, THAT'S MY UNCLE!!" XD He also showed up as a director for a Good Burger commercial in another episode, which was also pretty cool. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Nate » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:56 pm

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:the GOOD "All That" one might say.

This is akin to saying a rotten apple is better than spoiled meat.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Return to General Entertainment