heroes fans unite

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:19 pm

Actually Hiro did try to use his abilities to try to save the waitress at the diner.Unfortunately he couldn't.Either that means he can't use them to change history or else that since she already had a brain tumor it wouldn't have mattered wheter or not Syler killed her since she was going to die soon any way.
Anyone else think it kind of interesting that the said diner was in MIDLAND,TEXAS
as in the home of the current President of the United States George W. Bush?
Is this just a coincidence or were they trying to make a statement?
mitsuki lover

Postby silverSky » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:08 am

Does anyone else find it odd that everyone in India speaks perfect English TO EACH OTHER?

Yes but with an Indian accent! ^_^ LOL

I kind of reminded me of those classic movies when everyone speak perfect English but with an accent from thier dialect. :D
Jhn 1: 1-5 KJ

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Psalm 115: 105-106 OKJ

105) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
106) I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgements.

Psalm 91:1-2

1) He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty
2) I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
silverSky

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:25 pm

Reruns started.So if you missed it the first time you can watch either on NBC or
Sci Fi and get caught up by the time the new ones start next year.
mitsuki lover

Postby CreatureArt » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:29 pm

I just finished watching up to the most recent episode on youtube! @_@ What a cliffhanger.

Some thoughts and a few spoilers from the 11th episode:

[spoiler] Ok, I still like Hiro but Peter is becoming a very close second favourite character now. ^^ I'm not sure that Peter will be the explosion. I think it was Mitsuki Lover who said that their Mother suggested an idea about Peter's empathic ability. I carry that on to suggest that perhaps Peter's type of gifts suggests that he himself won't be the explosion - he's just picking up on someone else.

Though the fact that everyone but him is in that scene suggests that perhaps I am wrong. ^^"

...Now I just have to wait until January. *dies*[/spoiler]
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby faithfighter » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:29 pm

CreatureArt wrote:I just finished watching up to the most recent episode on youtube! @_@ What a cliffhanger.

Some thoughts and a few spoilers from the 11th episode:

[spoiler] Ok, I still like Hiro but Peter is becoming a very close second favourite character now. ^^ I'm not sure that Peter will be the explosion. I think it was Mitsuki Lover who said that their Mother suggested an idea about Peter's empathic ability. I carry that on to suggest that perhaps Peter's type of gifts suggests that he himself won't be the explosion - he's just picking up on someone else.

Though the fact that everyone but him is in that scene suggests that perhaps I am wrong. ^^"

...Now I just have to wait until January. *dies*[/spoiler]

[spoiler] I don't know if you say the episode with Ted in it. in that ep Audrey and Matt (the telepathic police man) think they have caught Syler but it turns out to be a guy named Ted who has the power of...um...radiation and fire (not sure what that is called). He blow up his own house by accident. I think that Peter gets to close to this guy and isn't able to control his power...how will it turn out? not a clue. but I do have an idea...only it's rough and weird so I don't even think I'll write it lol [/spoiler]

Reruns started.So if you missed it the first time you can watch either on NBC or
Sci Fi and get caught up by the time the new ones start next year.

when do they come on??
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:55 pm

Ooo actually that could be the case, too.

It's hard to wait until January --- but I will be strong! ^^" I might watch through all the previous episodes and see if I notice anything interesting to shed light on the last episode, though.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby faithfighter » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:28 pm

thats a good idea CreatureArt. btw sorry I didn't recap the 5th episode. I was going to and then I remebered that I have no idea what happeend in which ep. *sweat* I remeber everything that happened...but in which episode...no clue. sorry! just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't ignoring your post
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby CreatureArt » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:31 pm

Hahaha no worries, Faithfighter. ^^ Thanks for mentioning it, though. I appreciate it.

I think the main thing I wanted to know was what happened when Peter saw future Hiro! I saw the episode before, where future-hero appears, and the episode after where Peter calls present-Hiro who is excited that he's going to have a sword - but I never found out what future Hiro said to Peter. If anyone can remember that and put it in a Spoiler tag I would be grateful. :lick: ^_^
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Ingemar » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:05 am

[spoiler]The most salient points are:
"You look different without your scar."

"You have been waiting your whole life to hear this."

"Be the one we need."

"Save the cheerleader, save the world."[/quote]
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby faithfighter » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:02 pm

Ingemar your spoiler isn't...hidding anything *sweat*

ok CA heres the scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcVS0PE1TNs&mode=related&search=
faithfighter

Postby faithfighter » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:52 pm

ok fans of the Heroes cast I just thought this was so cool!!
The actor who plays Peter Petrelli (Milo Ventimiglia) has a big roll in Rocky Balboa.
Now for the really cool part, Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet) convinced all the Heroes to show up on the red carpet to suport Milo!!! I just thought that was so awesome! it's great to know that there are some nice ppl in hollywood!!
faithfighter

Postby SnoringFrog » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:06 pm

Man, I need to get out more on this site. I'm jstu sitting there thinking that there needs to be another good topic because I was getting bored of the site, and I bump into a few different ones that interest me pretty much back-to-back.

Anyways, getting back to the topic, I like Heroes. Can't really say who my favorite character is, but that's primarily because I have trouble keeping up their names and the names of people on other showas and such.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby faithfighter » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:25 pm

well heres a site to help you with that
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/
click on one of the ppl in the picture to find out about them
faithfighter

Postby ChristianKitsune » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:33 pm

ooh that is nifty! ^_^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby faithfighter » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:48 pm

I thought so too!!

heres the pictures from the red carpet of Rocky.
Adrian Pasdar (Nathan) and his oldest son and Hayden Panettiere(claire)
pic

Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder), Jack Coleman (Mr.Bennet), Masi Oka (Hiro), Santiago Cabrera (Isaac), Hayden Panettiere (claire) and Leonard Roberts (DL) pic

Masi Oka (Hiro) and Hayden Panettiere (claire) pic
faithfighter

Postby faithfighter » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:23 pm

Heroes is gona start rerunning on NBC this monday!! finally!!
faithfighter

Postby Ingemar » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:46 pm

Well, the long awaited new episodes will come tonight. Commercials speak of "a new hero." I can only hope that this character is not as inconsequential as Charlie or that androgynous Indian boy and certainly not as distracting as the Sanders family.

Which brings me to the hope that the Sanders' will be killed off in a firey explosion some time very soon so they can stop stealing screen time from the Petrellis and Hiro and we can all get on with our lives.

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:51 pm

George Takei (Sulu on the original Star Trek) will be guest starring soon as Hiro's dad!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:10 pm

They show reruns online right? I have to make a choice between this or 24 and 24 ultimately wins out...
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:03 pm

I hope they continue to run it on Fridays on Sci Fi as well.I'm ready for the new season.
btw:The new season of BG started Sunday following the new series The Dresden
Files.If you missed BG I think it's rerun on Mondays.
mitsuki lover

Postby Ingemar » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:05 am

No updates! You guys have really been missing out.

Ingemar

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:40 pm

'Sulu' was on last week and I suppose he'll been on this week as well since they ended with Hiro saying 'Father'.
mitsuki lover

Postby Ingemar » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:26 pm

"Distractions"

[spoiler]Peter is now officially the most overpowered character in the series. He discovered that, contrary to the advice of Claude The Invisible Dr. Who, he can call upon the powers of others he's been in contact with by thinking about them, feeling them if you will.

Isaac is back to painting and a tense relationship with Simone. Paintings include (1). a view of a ruined New York from Simone's rooftop (2). a taxi, but it looks as if the viewer is coming "toward" the taxi's roof and (3). Peter next to the ruins of said taxi, partially bloodied and partially invisible.

Sylar, who had already killed the doctor who played as Claire's fake "real" father attacked Bennet and trapped him in his cage. He disguised himself as a Primatech Paper employee and nearly got into doing bad things when Bennet and the Haitian came in, and he escaped. Of course, they wiped Mrs. Bennet's memory, which makes for some serious trouble with....

....Claire who travelled to Kermit, TX to meet her real "real" mother (who BTW can control fire). And of course they showed each other their powers, which explains why (1). Claire survived the house fire of her infancy and (2) there was a fire to begin with.
And Nathan Petrelli is her real father. Yes, I'm none too happy with that bombshell, but the silver lining here is that there will no longer be any Peter X Claire fans. Yeeech.

As for Hiro:

HIRO: Dad, I need to find that sword so I can get my powers back.
SULU: That's nonsense, come back to my company and I will make you VP.
HIRO: (ponders) Hey Sister, you're dumb.
SISTER: Nuh-uh, I can run the company better than you!
SULU: Then it's settled. Sister will become VP. As for you Son, I shouldn't have forced you to put up with my acting in the original Star Trek.
ANDO: Your sister is hot.
[/spoiler]

Ingemar

Postby rocklobster » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:31 am

Very funny summary there Ingmar, but you forgot one very important point:
[spoiler] Nathan is Claire's dad.[/spoiler]
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Ingemar » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:34 am

Uh, no. Maybe you should actually READ my summary.

Ingemar

Postby rocklobster » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:44 am

[spoiler]oops. Sorry. Must have skipped that part. And I liked that bombshell. Nathan makes a better dad to me. At least his solution wouldn't be "get the Haitian dude to erase your memories.[/spoiler]

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Ingemar » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:48 am

[spoiler]The episode confirms that Isaac is Mr. Bennet's spy on Peter.

Also, I personally don't think that his painting of him and Simone together was a result of his prophecy (that "officially" may be the case, but think it's horse detrius). I think that he just painted that to goad Simone into getting in a relationship with him again.

One last thing--I do not like this plot with Hiro searching for the sword one bit. I know that it is a pretty stock plotline but that does not soften the blow one bit. I hope that the sword is just a red herring and he regains his powers through some other way.[/spoiler]

Ingemar

Postby rocklobster » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:06 am

please elaborate on that horse detrius. What's that mean? And the sword thing was some good laughs.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:55 am

Watching it on Sci Fi Fridays so will be looking forward to this week's installment.
Also watching reruns of Enterprise on Mondays which explains why I don't watch
the NBC version.
And after reading that...and I thought Claire's adoptive family was dysfunctional!
mitsuki lover

Postby Nate » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:57 pm

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment