Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers

Postby The Doctor » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:36 am

Hey guys,

Do any of you remember the old Disney Afternoon way back in the early 90's late 80's?

I was remincising about those days; boy was I real young. My favorite show was Chip N Dale's Rescue Rangers. I still love that show.

I wish Disney would bring it back, I mean they might as well since whatever credibility they had left went down the tubes when I saw their commercial for Cinderalla III.

If they're going to stoop to making a Cinderella III and a Bambi II (who's asking for these sequels anyway? I don't remember seeing a picket line of Disney enthusiasts demanding to know more about Bambi's story) why not go ahead and throw money at some of the old Disney Afternoon cartoons we love like CDRR and Talespin. And with the superhero craze going on, I think it is high time for a return of Darkwing Duck too. :dance: :dance: :dance:
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:50 am

Oh yeah! Chip N Dale: Rescue Rangers was incredible and Darkwing Duck too! The height of Saturday Morning cartoons. Ah, the nostaligia brings a tear to my eye.

Good to see you back here mate!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Gritz » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:11 am

I loved Timon And Pumbaa :thumb:
Gritz

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:12 am

Lol, I remember those shows. Watched Darkwing Duck and TaleSpin more often cause I think Rescue Rangers came on while I was still at school or something so I would always catch the ending. Had the Rescue Ranger NES game for a while too... Ah, good times =P
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:59 am

Rescue Rangers was AWESOME. And Darkwing Duck. I LOVED those shows as a kid!

You know, they put Darkwing Duck out on DVD? Some of it, anyway. I think Rescue Rangers might've come out now, too, but I'm not sure.

Also, I heard Bambi II was actually good, but I haven't seen it so I can't vouch for it.
[url=l33tbeat.blogspot.com]l33t beat[/url] -- News, reviews and opinions on anime, video games, and fantasy fiction
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby RobinSena » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:05 am

Yeah, Rescue Rangers was cool.. I'm pretty sure they're airing it, I saw it on last week.. Maybe on Toon Disney?
FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Stiletto » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:40 am

Haha... the theme song immediately came to mind when seeing the thread title. :lol:

"Ch ch ch ch Chip and Dale... Rescue Rangers..."

While not my favorite Disney TV toon, it definitely was a show I fondly remember. Darkwing Duck and Talespin were great too, but when it comes to the old Disney Afternoon shows, I thought DuckTales was the best hands down. (Launchpad the Duck had double duty in both DTs and Darkwing...)
Stiletto

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:42 am

I remember that show all too well. Disney should bring it back, and Gargoyles too.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:23 pm

Absolutely. This show was so awesome. XD And I loved the opening theme song as a kid. XD Also, Tailspin was awesome, too. :D
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:53 pm

"I am the terror that flaps in the night!"
Fish and Chips

Postby Tommy » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:17 pm

I remember those shows!

Of all those mentioned, Rescue Rangers was my fave, but I loved the other ones mentioned as well.

No props for DuckTales?
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:48 pm

DuckTales was very cool too, and TaleSpin. But Chip N Dale and Darkwing were always my favourites (I used to dress up us Darkwind Duck and 'fly' around the house rescuing people 'my teddies.' Good times.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:31 pm

Oh I remember those shows. I really liked Ducktales and Darkwing Duck. Chip n Dale was good too. I wish Disney would bring these shows back.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:09 pm

What I miss is Vault Disney on Disney Channel.When they used to air classic
Disney Shows like the original Mickey Mouse Club,Zorro and classic Wonderful
World of Disney.
mitsuki lover

Postby mssthang_1 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:45 pm

they air chip and dale, talespin, and goof troop on toon disney....i just don't know what time...but look out for it, if ya miss it that bad XD
Beware...I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it. :shady:

You can thank me for the warning. :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

~My Deviantart Account~
mssthang_1

Postby The Doctor » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:21 pm

Ok, now's the time to ask.

I discovered something when I found a then HUGE Chip And Dale's Rescue Ranger fanbase.

There were three different political parties in the CDRR online fanclub: The Pro C+G's, the Anti C+G's, and the Neutrals.

The Pros and Anti's fought each other vigorously in the forums, both firmly believing in their causes. It was astonishing just how deeply they debated their issue. The neutrals either couldn't care less, or didn't think the issue was worth debating and stayed out to keep the peace.

What does C+G stand for you ask? Simple: Chip + Gadget.

That's right, in the online CDRR fanclub there are many many many threads and many many many fanfics dedicated to either debating or writing stories in favor of Chip and Gadget being together (either because these fans love them together or believe it was the writer/producer's original intention) or debating and writing stories AGAINST the pairing (same reasons).

So, who are you guys? Are you Pro, Anti, or Neutral? Or do you have your own pairings?

Me? Since the day the series came out I am FIRMLY 100% PRO C+G! C+G FOREVER!!!!

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:26 pm

The Doctor wrote:So, who are you guys? Are you Pro, Anti, or Neutral? Or do you have your own pairings?

I try to keep fan pairings in my life to a bare minimum, which is appropriately "Nil."
Fish and Chips

Postby The Doctor » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:39 pm

Congratulations Fish and Chips, cause that means that unlike most of us, you actually have A LIFE

The Doctor

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:45 am

The Doctor wrote:Congratulations Fish and Chips, cause that means that unlike most of us, you actually have A LIFE

Woah, calm down! Let's not jump to conclusions, people.
Fish and Chips

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:42 pm

So you mean you have a non-life life?
mitsuki lover

Postby The Doctor » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:04 pm

Maybe he only has a Half-Life?

The Doctor

Postby RobinSena » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:01 pm

FKA: ChurchPunk[SIZE="1"]
MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll.
[/SIZE]
RobinSena

Postby Tommy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:19 pm

Dude, I wanted Gadget to be with Chip the whole show.
And I didn't have much of a life at that age, and at that age if I was to define the word "Forum" I would be thinking for.....um........awhile (pun'd).

I didn't discuss it with people, I just didn't want Gadget to end up with Dale. He's comic relief, not a ladie's man.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Icarus » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:33 pm

Chip and Gadget, all the way.

I loved this show when it was on. Talespin, and Darkwing, and Duck Tales, they were awesome.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby The Doctor » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:32 pm

LOL.

If any of you are Dale fans don't feel too bad. There's a large D+F party in the CDRR fanclub; Dale + Foxglove.

The Doctor

Return to General Entertainment