TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby The Doctor » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:44 pm

Anyone here like the tv series 24?
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:53 pm

Yes, it's my favourite. Season 4 was my least favourite overall (but still pretty good). Probably Seasons 2 and 5 were my favourite but 3 and 1 were also great.

I'm only 4 episodes into Season 6, but it sure looks good so far!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby crossalchemist » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:17 am

lol, 24. I make fun of this show all the time! No worries though, all my friends are really into it. They get mad at me for poking fun at Jack's voice, and the fact that the man can apparently withstand a direct nuclear blast, sorry such super powers are reserved for Chuck Norris. I forget which season that was in. He ducked behind a rock or something just in time.
formerly known as linwood

"The power of Christ forgives you!"
-Brett (a friend from college, parodying the famous line from 'The Exorcist'.)

My new homepage!

My Infamously Semi-Famous Story Blog:
The Sheehy Brothers Adventures!

Dr. Bryan Enderle, Chemistry lecturer at the University of California at Davis gives an excellent talk on Science vs. Faith once in a great while. I tried to record it once, with very limited success, this link is what I have.
Science vs. Faith
crossalchemist

Location: Somewhere far far away, where they'll never find me.

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:07 am

Season 2. But he was far from the nuclear blast at the time!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby crossalchemist » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:11 am

lol, yeah probably, I walked in right when it happened. May I ask how far?
formerly known as linwood

"The power of Christ forgives you!"
-Brett (a friend from college, parodying the famous line from 'The Exorcist'.)

My new homepage!

My Infamously Semi-Famous Story Blog:
The Sheehy Brothers Adventures!

Dr. Bryan Enderle, Chemistry lecturer at the University of California at Davis gives an excellent talk on Science vs. Faith once in a great while. I tried to record it once, with very limited success, this link is what I have.
Science vs. Faith
crossalchemist

Location: Somewhere far far away, where they'll never find me.

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:44 am

What are you??? A carbon copy of me or something??? This is getting freaky..... Anyways, yes I enjoy 24 greatly. Unfortunately I just started watching it this season (though I'm renting the other seasons from Netflix).
WrestlingOtaku

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:36 pm

I have never watched it.So when's Jack Bauer going to announce that he's running for the G.O.P. nomination for President?
Kidding...but there are probably plenty of Republicans who wish he were real and running for President.
Maybe he should team up with Hiro from Heroes and then he'd have more time to solve the day's problems!
again kidding!
mitsuki lover

Postby The Doctor » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:57 pm

I've been watching alot of interviews with the 24 cast and with Kiefer Sutherland (who also now holds the hat of Executive Producer) and from all the talk and the way the show is going right now, I STRONGLY believe that Jack Bauer is going to die this season.

Why? Whenever people ask Kiefer "Can the show go on without Jack Bauer?" he always says "Oh yes, the show isn't all about me or Jack. It's a wonderful show with great writing and great characters. I know the show can go on without Jack."

More evidence is the 3 years contract he just signed with Fox, which stipulates that although it's for 3 years, that does NOT require him to play the role of Jack Bauer for the duration of the contract.

And even more evidence was Kiefer discussing with Charlie Rose about how he would envision killing Jack off.

And what else? Have you noticed that in this season of 24, while essential to the plot, Jack is not getting alot of screentime. The focus is mainly on CTU, the President, and President's sister. Jack's storyline pops up now and then in an episode.

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:01 pm

If they do kill Bauer off look for it to happen in either February or November during the ratings sweeps.For something that big they would probably save it for
when everyone hauls out their ratings big guns.
mitsuki lover

Postby dyzzispell » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:16 pm

Yeah we rented season 1 from Netflix, but I never went any further than that. I was so disgusted with how the season ended I didn't want to see more of the same. It was a great show if you love the edge of your seat thing, but I just couldn't handle wondering when another innocent person was going to die. I hate that. It was just too intense a show for my liking. If it was a movie it might've been different, but as a long-running TV series, just not the kind of thing I really like.
(But then, my favorite shows are Naruto, Avatar, and Psych, none of which have 24's intensity, or even remotely close. They're about the only things I really watch faithfully.)
In Christ,
Dyzzi

Also on Smackjeeves
"Work In Progress" Facebook Fan Page
My DeviantART

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..." - Colossians 3:23 NIV
dyzzispell

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:43 pm

I heard he was signed on the show til like 2009. Anyways, this is actually the first time I've ever followed this show (I never watched it before because I always missed the first episode). So far it's really good. I'm gonna borrow Season 1 from a friend.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Tommy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:48 pm

All my friends are obsessed with it.
I just got into Season 1 and from my perspective, they should kill Jack off during Season 7 and end the show there.

How COULD the show go on without Jack?
The whole show revolves around him.

Everyone besides him dies, it's a question of when and how.
I hope he kills of his annoying daughter...-_-
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby The Doctor » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:27 pm

Mistuki lover, IF they do it, they'll do it around March or April, not February since 24 is not a typical tv series....it only runs from Janurary to April ever year. It's not on during the summer or fall (well, except on syndicated reruns.)

As for the 3 year contract, yah he's signed on, but again the contract stipulates that he's not required to play Jack in the contract. He can stay on just as Executive Producer.

The Doctor

Postby Tommy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:24 pm

I suppose Keifer could play Bauer's evil twin and his extremely annoying daughter earns the lead role to avenge her father.
Tommy

Postby Alice » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:29 pm

No.

...Of course, I haven't seen any of it, either.
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Yojimbo » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:34 pm

All hail the Power of Bauer!
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Danderson » Sat May 05, 2007 11:22 am

If there's any show that my Dad and brother watch on a regular basis, this is that show...
Unfortunetly, recently there's been some sequences that I hoped would not pop up (Let's just say the Vice Presidents secretary is a very shady person), but I've been amazed how this show does things...
You'd never think that a person could change in less then 24 hours, but it's amazing to see that under certain circumstances many characters change their attitudes or opinions...

Anyways, the only show I really watch besides Sonic X...
Danderson

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sat May 05, 2007 10:44 pm

You know, I really didn't pay much attention to the rumors about Jack Bauer getting the axe when this season started. I just interpreted Keifer Sutherland's comments as a preemptive justification for 24's increasing emphasis on the endless soap opera that is the lives of CTU agents (to which I say "BOOOOOOO!!!")

But these last few weeks... I dunno. Mike Doyle has gotten a LOT of nuances, internal conflicts, and seeds for future plotlines dumped on top of him since he was first introduced. If ever a character seemed like he was being groomed as "the new Jack," it would be him.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Tommy » Sun May 06, 2007 4:56 pm

I'm on Season 3.
Good show.
Tommy

Postby Danderson » Wed May 23, 2007 8:21 pm

So, Season 6 of 24 has finally concluded...

I'd just like to comment on some encouraging things that make this series one of the best morally...

[spoiler] One of the most amazing things about this series is watching certain people change their hearts. A good example is Tom Lennox and Vice Pres. Daniels. At first I thought these guys would be absolute jerks who only care about their agenda. But I was surprised and encouraged to find that eventually they realised their agendas were wrong as well as their hearts and they both became better people because of it...

With that, I'd say that Season 6 concluded rather well, though I was rather frustrated with Jacks attitude towards Andreas father... [/spoiler]
Danderson

Return to General Entertainment