Movies you dislike

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:36 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Hey, I was close, Mr. "I don't know what Salacious Crumb is"! XDD

Anyways, Az, I pretty much agree about Disney's recent animated features (that aren't linked with Pixar). The only reason I didn't list any is because I never saw any of them. XD Why waste my money on one of their awful movies when I could spend it on something I'll enjoy much more? XD The ones I did list I watched while babysitting, so yeah. XD

I've seen portions. They are pretty bad. It's like everything has become a big joke to Disney.

"And for our next act, we will pull a ANOTHER mediocre feel good family comedy from our hat! This year we are murdering... err... making... *checks hit list* Sleeping Beauty 2!"
Azier the Swordsman

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:09 pm

X-Men III: The Last Stand
Nacho Libre
Robots (a serious disappointment)
Pirates of the Caribean 2
Night at the Museum
there are so many more i could name but i can't really think of them right now...
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:28 pm

I remember when I was sick with the flu, I managed to catch House of the Dead on Sci-Fi. Funny. It was great! You know what they say, laughter really is the best medicine.

Wait. You mean it wasn't supposed to be a comedy?
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Tommy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:44 pm

I agree with
jon_jinn wrote:X-Men III: The Last Stand

That movie was the worst thing with name X-Men attached to it.

I have to say, of all movies mentioned, after reading the following I want to jump out of your computer and slap you:
Nacho Libre

Nacho is GOOD. REAL GOOD. IT WAS DE BEEAAAST! (I can do a perfect imitation of him, but unfortunately I cannot imitate anything in text form to the best of my ability).

Best comedy of 2006. BY FAR.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Nacho is GOOD. REAL GOOD. IT WAS DE BEEAAAST! (I can do a perfect imitation of him, but unfortunately I cannot imitate anything in text form to the best of my ability).

Best comedy of 2006. BY FAR.

Sorry, not a fan of those “dumbâ€

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Eaglestrike » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:47 pm

I'm also not a fan of the dumb comedies. But Napoleon Dynamite was awesome just because of the dance. I almost turned it off multiple times before then, but I made it through to the dance scene and then the movie was good, lol.

And I liked X-Men 3.
Livejournal
Anime watched: Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Claymore, Lucky Star, Full Metal Alchemist, Trigun, Elfen Lied, Card Captor Sakura, FLCL, Death Note, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Mai Hime, Mai Otome. <3 them all
Myspace
Eaglestrike

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:53 pm

Eaglestrike wrote:I'm also not a fan of the dumb comedies. But Napoleon Dynamite was awesome just because of the dance. I almost turned it off multiple times before then, but I made it through to the dance scene and then the movie was good, lol.

And I liked X-Men 3.

Napoleon Dynamite was an interesting one for me. I found it very funny, because Napoleon is like...my brother. I am being dead serious. He looks like Napoleon, acts like him sometimes, and does a spot-on impression of the actor's role now. Oh, and people that pass by him in the mall/on the street/wherever often say something like, "OH MY GOSH! You look JUST LIKE Napoleon!" This has happened so many times, it's not even funny (no, it is funny XD). So yeah, while I'm disappointed that Napoleon Dynamite is so popular that you can go buy a pair of socks with Jon Heder's face on them at JC Penny (I'm not kidding), I also can't just say it was a dumb movie that I hated, because I actually pretty much liked it. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:57 pm

Dukes of Hazzard.
bigsleepj

Postby Joshua Christopher » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:59 pm

The Shawshank Redemption

Man this movie was just bad. The acting, directing, musical score, they were all atrocious. Not quite as bad as Citizen Kane or Seven Samurai, those were both in black and white thus horrible.
Joshua Christopher

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:11 pm

I found X-Men III entertaining, but it failed so much by [spoiler]killing everybody off.[/spoiler]

It left an irking feeling in me.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby mssthang_1 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:20 pm

hmmm...let's see
any sequals by disney
ice age 2
yeeessss i hated x-men three (i wuz totally ticked off at the theatre i just yelled "no, that wuz crap" when i walked out)
the invincible iron man the animated movie (i mean what wuz with him fighting the naked chinese women)
.....i can go on and on but i think i'll spare ya'll
Beware...I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it. :shady:

You can thank me for the warning. :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

~My Deviantart Account~
mssthang_1

Postby Tarnish » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:25 pm

I hate, no, loathe "Armageddon". Every action movie cliche packed into, what, 2 hours, really? Seemed much longer...

I actually liked X-Men 3, but I'm pretty easily amused. XD;;
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby Tommy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:53 pm

[quote="jon_jinn"]Sorry, not a fan of those “dumbâ€
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Joshua Christopher » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:04 pm

Orenji wrote:I hate, no, loathe "Armageddon". Every action movie cliche packed into, what, 2 hours, really? Seemed much longer...

I DON'T WANNA CLOSE MY EEEEEEYES

DON'T WANNA FAAAALL ASLEEP CAUSE I'D MISS YOU BABY

And I doooon't wanna miss a thiiiing
Joshua Christopher

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:25 pm

Azier the Swordsman wrote:I remember when I was sick with the flu, I managed to catch House of the Dead on Sci-Fi. Funny. It was great! You know what they say, laughter really is the best medicine.

Wait. You mean it wasn't supposed to be a comedy?

Hugs and kisses to you my friend. Uwe Boll strikes again.

Movies of my personal 'Diss List'.
Alexander- If you saw it, you know why.
Babe II - I saw this with the Girl scouts. A cinematic atrocity that has left a permanent stain on the face of film-making. Unimaginative, tacky, cheesy, and apparently had a budget of about $20.
The Princess Diaries II - Saw it to make my mom happy. An exercise in clichés and predictability.
Envy- Insipid, poorly executed, and a waste of comedic genius. Why is it Christopher Walkin is usually the best thing in a bad movie? Speaking of which...
The Rundown- My brother loves this movie. Unfortunately, I like things such as artistic credibility, wit, and people whose theatrical training does not consist of of a professional wrestling career.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Gritz » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:43 pm

Doubleshadow wrote:Hugs and kisses to you my friend. Uwe Boll strikes again.

Movies of my personal 'Diss List'.
Alexander- If you saw it, you know why.
Babe II - I saw this with the Girl scouts. A cinematic atrocity that has left a permanent stain on the face of film-making. Unimaginative, tacky, cheesy, and apparently had a budget of about $20.
The Princess Diaries II - Saw it to make my mom happy. An exercise in clichés and predictability.
Envy- Insipid, poorly executed, and a waste of comedic genius. Why is it Christopher Walkin is usually the best thing in a bad movie? Speaking of which...
The Rundown- My brother loves this movie. Unfortunately, I like things such as artistic credibility, wit, and people whose theatrical training does not consist of of a professional wrestling career.

I actually liked The Rundown.

Worse Movies?

Most Disney Animated Sequels. Though I did enjoy Lion King 1 1/2. Others are crap.

:shady:
Gritz

Postby Eaglestrike » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:28 am

Tom Dincht wrote:Oh, I get it. You prefer "serious" comedies. :eyeroll:

Perhaps you would like the final season of M*A*S*H*?

Actually the opposite of a "dumb" comedy is an intellectual comedy. One where you might just have to think about it being funny and not just some non-sensical saying you expect people to laugh at, or cartoon comedy of someone getting hit and people laughing about it.

I liked The Rundown too, well, maybe not liked, but it wasn't bad. I'll watch parts of it when it's on TV.
Livejournal
Anime watched: Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Claymore, Lucky Star, Full Metal Alchemist, Trigun, Elfen Lied, Card Captor Sakura, FLCL, Death Note, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Mai Hime, Mai Otome. <3 them all
Myspace
Eaglestrike

Postby The Doctor » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:24 pm

I can't believe you guys have ALL left out the absolute WORST movie ever made.
No, not plan 9 from outer space.

This one is SO bad that there have been LAWSUITS to keep it off the air and make sure it is NEVER EVER released on vhs or dvd.

THE STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL

Even George Lucas hates it so much that he's done everything he can to bury it.

You want proof of how awful this movie is? You want to know why this movie makes ALL of the above movies you guys have listed seem like Lord of the Rings?

Then behold, I present to you, on youtube, THE TWO HOUR STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL....IN JUST 5 MINUTES! (Cause the full version will only bring about great depression and angst...and for those of you who are already depressed, this will push you over the edge and convince you to end it all)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asnVcbWQ2cg&mode=related&search=
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:40 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Oh, I get it. You prefer "serious" comedies.

Perhaps you would like the final season of M*A*S*H*?

Eaglestrike wrote:Actually the opposite of a "dumb" comedy is an intellectual comedy. One where you might just have to think about it being funny and not just some non-sensical saying you expect people to laugh at, or cartoon comedy of someone getting hit and people laughing about it.

yeah. what he said... :sweat:

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Tommy » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:52 pm

I was just kidding. 0_o
Tommy

Postby Eaglestrike » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:00 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:I was just kidding. 0_o

Good example of dumb comedy.
Livejournal
Myspace
Eaglestrike

Postby Tommy » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:05 pm

Oh, how creative of you. :eyeroll:

No, you got me there. XD
Tommy

Previous

Return to General Entertainment