Best Superhero Team

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Best Superhero Team

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:34 am

I like Justice League, the X-men, and The Outsiders. What about the rest of you?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby righteous_slave » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:35 am

I haven't picke up anything new in ages, but back in the day (late 80s-mid 90s) the Xmen were the top of the pops. There was such a dynamic between all the characters from love/hate to hate/hate and everything inbetween. Much more of a dysfunctional family feel then the pantheon of the JLA or Avengers.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:50 am

About all I currently read is The Outsiders, JLA, and Teen Titans.

The Outsiders is my current favorite.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Gritz » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:56 am

JLA!!! :thumb:

I like the X Men too.
Gritz

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:04 pm

The Fantastic Four
X-Men
Justice League
mitsuki lover

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:33 pm

Who are "The Outsiders"? The last group of Outsiders I've heard of, was a gang of greasers from the 50s, with no super powers whatsoever...
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:06 pm

They were a superhero team during the 80's that Batman was in for awhile. They had some third-stringers in the team, so I'm not surprised. Their most famous member was Metamorpho.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:17 pm

X-men definitely takes my pick for best superhero team!!
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Tommy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:47 pm

Wasn't The Outsiders a movie with Matt Dillon and Ralph Macchio? XD

Amazing movie, BTW.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby midori45 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:54 pm

What about the 'Heroes' Team? Can't wait till they all meet ^_^
Adopted by:

*Mega.exe

Breaking the bonds of popularity on day at a time :cool:

Julia M. (<-- My bff) wrote: You know what Grace, you take the whole "one step forward two steps back" saying to a whole new level. You just skip the forward step all together.

I carry the weight of the world
as the past is unfurled, but I won’t stop to
wonder,
Going through this life on my own made me as cold as a stone,
I’m a ship going under,
And I’d tell you this, but I don’t know how,
I’m caving in and I’m falling out and I can’t resist,
And I can’t rebound with the weight of the world as the world falls down... -Weight of the World by Saliva

I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes. -Ichigo Kurosaki

Current Anime Favorites:

• Bleach
  • Elfen Lied
  • Death Note
midori45

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:19 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Wasn't The Outsiders a movie with Matt Dillon and Ralph Macchio? XD

Amazing movie, BTW.

yeah. I think it was based on a book by S.E. Hinton (or was it Hilton) if I am correct…
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:15 pm

Batman and Alfred.

End of contest.
Fish and Chips

Postby Joshua Christopher » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:04 pm

Teams that feature Booster Gold and/or The Question.
Joshua Christopher

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:27 pm

Either the X-men or the Fantastic Four. As you can see, I'm mostly a Marvel kinda guy. The only hero from DC that I truely enjoy is Batman, so any group with him in it is ok by my watch.
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Stephen » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:14 pm

Punisher, and a shotgun.

Runner up, Punisher and a machine gun.
Stephen

Postby Cognitive Gear » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:10 pm

WrestlingOtaku wrote:Either the X-men or the Fantastic Four. As you can see, I'm mostly a Marvel kinda guy. The only hero from DC that I truely enjoy is Batman, so any group with him in it is ok by my watch.

You need to read Watchmen. It is a graphic novel written by Alan Moore and published by DC. However, I must warn you that there is some language and some sexual content.

wikipedia wrote:It was one of the first superhero comics to present itself as serious literature, and it also popularized the "graphic novel" format. Watchmen is the only graphic novel to win a Hugo Award, and is also the only graphic novel to appear on Time magazine's 2005 list of "the 100 best English-language novels from 1923 to the present."

It really did change comics forever.

*end Watchmen plug*

In response to the thread: I think that the Watchmen were the greatest superhero team.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:22 pm

rocklobster wrote:They were a superhero team during the 80's that Batman was in for awhile. They had some third-stringers in the team, so I'm not surprised. Their most famous member was Metamorpho.

The Outsiders is still around, though the current series is quite different than what it was in the 80's. In a way, it's almost a much darker version of Teen Titans. The Outsiders operate on the premise that while other superhero teams such as JLA and the Teen Titans attempt to save the world as needed, the Outsiders hunt down dangerous criminals and capture them before they have the chance to do harm. The team was founded by Arsenal (formerly Speedy of the Teen Titans), and is being led by Nightwing.

Nightwing, who had led the Titans through all their incarnations up to a little while before the current Outsiders series starts, had completely dissaosociated himself from TT because he was sick of seeing his comrades whom he considered his family die or betray the team. (The Titans have had more turncoats than any other DC team.) His failing relationship with Starfire didn't help matters either. By becoming a solo hero, he wouldn't have the same emotional attatchments to anyone and wouldn't risk getting hurt.

Arsenal convinces him to lead the team by convincing him that it's just a job and he doesn't have to have any attatchment to anyone on the team. Nightwing reluctantly agrees, sticking to his hard-nosed policy of staying at a distance from his team.

Eventually, this starts causing tensions throughout the series as his team begins to come against him claiming that his hard nosedness is endangering the team. Things begin to worsen as it begins to become clear that one of the team is a traitor, and Nightwing uncovers a deadly secret about the Outsiders' info source.

One thing notable about the series is that it's not afraid to cross over into edgier material and real world themes, such as the horrifying but excellently written story arc where the Outsiders track a child trafficking ring.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby rocklobster » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:24 am

ikimasu wrote:You need to read Watchmen. It is a graphic novel written by Alan Moore and published by DC. However, I must warn you that there is some language and some sexual content.

It really did change comics forever.

*end Watchmen plug*

In response to the thread: I think that the Watchmen were the greatest superhero team.

Unfortunately, they were done in by their own skeletons in their closets.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby termyt » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:09 pm

Best is, of course very subjective. Does it mean most effective, favorite to read/watch, most powerful? Is it any team past and present?

I am currently reading comics for JLA, JSA, Teen Titans, Outsiders, Legion of Super-Heroes, Birds of Prey, and Shadowpact. My favorite title to read is Shadowpact. It’s very well written and the characters are all “likeableâ€
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:18 pm

Of course everyone knows it has to be the FF.I mean over the last 40 years they've had the motto "World's Greatest Superheroes" as part of their title.
mitsuki lover

Postby mssthang_1 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:13 pm

x-men is muh all time favorite
fantastic four is a runner up
and i wuv me some justice league too^^
Beware...I have an attitude and I'm not afraid to use it. :shady:

You can thank me for the warning. :eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

~My Deviantart Account~
mssthang_1

Postby The Doctor » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:38 am

Superman and Batman. That's all you need baby...

If I can't pick just those two, I'd say the entire Justice League (the Bruce Timm version on Cartoon Network)
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Return to General Entertainment