Superbowl 2007 predictions!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Superbowl 2007 predictions!

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:19 am

OK folks, time to announce the two teams for the NFL's Superbowl XLI (for you folks who don't know Roman Numerals, that's 41). I had actually thought the Saints would be playing, but once again, New Orleans chokes. Oh well, like the Cubs fans always say, there's always next year.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:40 am

Go Bears!
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:05 am

We're not here to cause no trouble
We're just here for the Superbowl Shuffle!
Get ON!
(Note: That's the chorus to the song "Superbowl Shuffle", a rap song the 1987 Chicago Bears once performed when they went that year. They won too, IIRC. But why did they have to celebrate with such a dumb song?)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Taliesin » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:39 am

I cheer for um the team with the best uniform! and I guess that is the colt! Go Colts!!!
FKA starhammer

Communism is only the perfect government if you have the perfect leader. And I'm only available Tuesdays.

I'm too cool to scroll.
Taliesin

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:14 pm

The team from the Midwest with the African-American coach will win!That is my prediction and I'm sticking with it.
btw:Can I gloat now since I was the one to predict a Bears vs. Colts Superbowl?
mitsuki lover

Postby Yojimbo » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:20 pm

No because I said the same thing albeit not on this forum.:P

My two favorite teams in the league are playing against eachother and so it's a win/win and lose/lose situation for me. I've been a Colts fan all my life but my mom side's all from Chicago so I've rooted for them as well. But ultimately my Colts loyalty trumps the Bears. So it's a Colts win for sure.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Doubleshadow » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:30 pm

Another Colts loyalist lines up (I also root for Denver). Plus, it an AFC team led by Payton Manning. I also would wager turnovers being a big factor in this game after watching yesterdays games.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Stephen » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:06 pm

The AFC title game decides who wins the Superbowl. As has been the case for most the Superbowls lately. Colts by a bunch.
Stephen

Postby Tommy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:16 pm

Well, they're both professional teams and are very high in skill so you never know what will happen.

The Pats looked like they were going to beat the Colts, but they didn't.

You never know what mistakes will be made.

Because I'm an immature baby who doesn't like losing, GO BEARS!
Tommy

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:57 pm

Gee I wonder who The Fridge is gonna root for...
mitsuki lover

Postby termyt » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:17 pm

Th Bears are talented enough to win, and so they could. Any given Sunday any NFL team could win. After all, the Raiders were the worst team this year, yet they beat two teams who were apparently better one any other Sunday.

And that's about all the chance Chicago has. Colts will win easy baring a Sunday Miracle.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:41 am

Since I'm a Jag fan, and Peyton has picked apart my team to many times to count, I will be routing for Da Bears! Though, we did get them back this year.... (*cough* 375 yards rushing *cough*) Which reminds me....... WHAT HAPPENED TO THE COLTS TERRIBLE RUN DEFENSE?!?!?! That was supposed to be their downfall in the playoffs, especially against all the good backs they would be facing, and yet they play nearly flawless run defense. How did that happen(and more importantly How did they do it so quickly???)? Also, when did these guys learn to tackle in the open field??? The turn around was so quick, it boggles the mind..... WHY?!?!?!
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Mega.EXE » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:02 am

Where is the "I don't like Football!" Answer? Heh I sound like a woman >.<
Mega.EXE

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:14 am

I dont care that much for football either, but I was born in Illnois so I will root for the Bears anyway. Colts are wusses. They played inside a closed stadium while the Bears played a game in snowy conditions. Colts are girly-men. XP
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:03 pm

Bears came back in OT.Colts came back after the half-time.It could go either way
this year.
mitsuki lover

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:14 pm

I'm hoping for a good game regardless. I get real upset when the Super Bowl is boring, or when one team doesn't look like they showed up to play, or the refs don't know how to call a game *cough*last year*cough*.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby termyt » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:23 pm

Doubleshadow wrote:I'm hoping for a good game regardless. I get real upset when the Super Bowl is boring, or when one team doesn't look like they showed up to play, or the refs don't know how to call a game *cough*last year*cough*.

I wondered when that would come up again. You are absolutely right. It had nothing to do with the 75 yard Super Bowl record-setting run. It had nothing to do with the fact that the Seahawks star receiver couldn't catch a cold that Sunday. It certainly had nothing to do with the fact that no team in the NFC last year was good enough to make the playoffs in the AFC. (I would have taken San Diego over any NFC team and they didn’t even make it into the playoffs.) It was all the refs' fault. That's got to be it.

WrestlingOtaku wrote:How did that happen(and more importantly How did they do it so quickly???)? Also, when did these guys learn to tackle in the open field??? The turn around was so quick, it boggles the mind..... WHY?!?!?!

Game planning, my friend. The Colts were the best team in football last year, but they got beat all game long by the Steelers (you want to see some bad reffing, look at that game) not because the Steelers were better, but because they forced the Colts to play a game they were not comfortable in. This year, the Colts learned to be comfortable in any game. It also didn't hurt that the Pats knocked out San Diego so their run defense didn't have to figure out how to stop LT.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:37 pm

termyt wrote:I wondered when that would come up again. You are absolutely right. It had nothing to do with the 75 yard Super Bowl record-setting run. It had nothing to do with the fact that the Seahawks star receiver couldn't catch a cold that Sunday. It certainly had nothing to do with the fact that no team in the NFC last year was good enough to make the playoffs in the AFC. (I would have taken San Diego over any NFC team and they didn’t even make it into the playoffs.) It was all the refs' fault. That's got to be it.

I never said the outcome was unfair (I think the better team won), just I thought the refs were making bad calls. I spotted some bad calls during the Pats versus Colts game, too. NE got away with a serious face mask. I think that's a bigger deal than whether or not someones heel was on the line in the endzone or if a player is guilty of pass interference or not.

The Sundries
Doubleshadow

Postby Tommy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:48 pm

KeybladeWarrior wrote:I dont care that much for football either

Colts are girly-men. XP

Look whose talking! XD

Just kidding man, Just kidding.
Tommy

Postby Peanut » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:39 pm

Colts because I have trouble believing that Rex Grossman can remain in this mediocre state...at some point he has to start playing badly...again...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:13 pm

Could we not replay last year's later poorly officated game and concentrate on this year's instead,which hopefully will be a lot better officiated.
mitsuki lover

Postby Stephen » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:12 pm

All over now. 29-17 Colts beat Chicago. On my offical picks I make, I said Indy by 17. So I was a bit off. I am glad at least that now everyone can shut up about Peyton not being able to win the big one. And, I am happy the AFC team won. Now we can all wait for the Probowl.
Stephen

Postby Nate » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:16 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Because I'm an immature baby who doesn't like losing, GO BEARS!

D'OH, you lost!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:59 pm

You know what the worst part about the Colts winning is? It means that football season is over!!! NOOOO!!!! *ahem* Yes, I was pulling for the Bears but not nearly as much as I would have been if the Jags or Pats where playing. Congrats to Manning for finally winning the big one.

*goes off to prepare for his annual "Sit in a corner and wait 8 months for football to begin again with nothing but the internet to comfort him by checking on free agency and the draft" sit to begin.*
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Stephen » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:39 pm

I hear ya. But I must admit, I only really get into football about 3/4 of the way through the season. Hopefully my Raiders do a little better this year.
Stephen

Return to General Entertainment