Pirates of the Caribean: At World's End

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Pirates of the Caribean: At World's End

Postby Cognitive Gear » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:43 pm

Here is the Theatrical teaser banner and the cast posters: (Do not click the links if you don't want potential spoilers)

Banner

Barbossa

Jack

Elizabeth

Will

Possible cast spoiler

Kinda neat. Although if I didn't know who Elizabeth was, I'd probably think she was some blonde guy.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Ashley » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:19 pm

Spiffy! Actually, I really like Elizabeth's new costume.
Ashley

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:39 pm

Bah who cares about all them others.

[spoiler]GIVE ME MY DOSAGE OF CHOW YUN FAT! He's AWESOME because he's not fat, but FAT is in his name![/spoiler]

Man, I love that man.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:50 pm

Well that's pretty awesome. XD Makes me excited to see it when it comes out; I'm hoping that it's better than its predecessors. :D

And yeah, I like Elizabeth's new costume, too. Although, I did think she looked kind of odd in the first picture, for some reason. Must've been the angle, or lighting or something. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Cognitive Gear » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:49 pm

Ashley wrote:Spiffy! Actually, I really like Elizabeth's new costume.

Don't get me wrong, the costume is beautiful. It's just that in this particular picture she looks... like a feminine man. Normally I find her to be quite an attractive lady. I don't know if it's the "dirty" makeup or the expression on her face, but I think this is a very unflattering poster for her.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Kurama » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:59 pm

o.o YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kurama

Postby Puguni » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:03 pm

Is it coming out in '07? Because, that would be cool. :]
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:07 pm

Puguni wrote:Is it coming out in '07? Because, that would be cool. :]

Yeah, it's actually being released the same weekend as Spiderman 3. I'm pretty stoked. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tommy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:33 pm

The same weekend as Spiderman 3?!

That's like..releasing Chuck Norris action figures at Burger King, McDonalds, and Wendy's for one day only, on the same day.

However, if that actually happened people would not be watching those two movies.

They would be at a fast food joint.
Tommy

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:02 pm

I WANT that costume. The Elisabeth one, I mean.

I wonder if they'll release a picture of it without all of the smoke and such. I'd love to cosplay as that to the premiere. (I can't really so, so I"d have to get my friend to help me learn how to, but I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO WEAR THAT COSTUME. Particularly since there's a Ren Faire here in Colorado during the summer, so I could wear it twice!)
[url=l33tbeat.blogspot.com]l33t beat[/url] -- News, reviews and opinions on anime, video games, and fantasy fiction
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:28 pm

The costumes look very cool. This looks awesome! Hopefully it makes up for PotC 2. That was a bit of a disappointment.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:42 pm

I LOVE the new costumes.

Chow Yun Fat looks great as a pirate.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:52 pm

I just hope the plot is less dense. It's not that Dead Man's Chest had a bad general plot, it just felt too overly complicated and too crowded with plot threads. Still it was a good sequel, and the sword-fight scenes were better than the first. I'm looking forward to At World's End.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:24 am

bigsleepj wrote:I just hope the plot is less dense. It's not that Dead Man's Chest had a bad general plot, it just felt too overly complicated and too crowded with plot threads. Still it was a good sequel, and the sword-fight scenes were better than the first. I'm looking forward to At World's End.

Did this contribute to your opinion in any way?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:23 am

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Did this contribute to your opinion in any way?

No. It's my own oppinion. My theory by J. Bigsleep, brackets, Herr-Doktor, brackets. This theory has been explained above. That is my theory, it is mine, and it belongs to me, and I own it, and what it is, too.

Seriously, no. I just saw POTC: DMC and drew my own conclusions.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

bigsleepj

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:44 am

Is your theory all yours? Thin at one end, thick in the middle and thin at the other end (ala Monty Python Flying Circus?) lol
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:55 am

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:Is your theory all yours? Thin at one end, thick in the middle and thin at the other end (ala Monty Python Flying Circus?) lol

It is mine. (cough cough).

Yes. I believe the characters in At World's End will begin very thin, then gain a lot of weight, then become magically thin again at the end. Same goes with the plot; it'll be very thin at the beginning, it will then get very complicated, then at the end you'll realize just how thin it was to begin with in the first place.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA

bigsleepj

Postby Ashley » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:20 am

Actually I drew the same conclusions after I saw it, because I think it follows the Star Wars plot-line very closely:
1: introduce characters/love interests, introduce villians, slightly resolve plot

2: change up love interests into love triangles, free the woman from her stereotypical role, bring back villian, thicken plot tremendously, end with 1 cast member gone and others on a quest to save them.

Thus I'm with the Big J.
Ashley

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:05 am

I'll have to third Bigsleepj and Ash's opinion. I enjoyed it for what it was, but overall, I enjoyed the first one far better.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:40 am

Azier the Swordsman wrote:I'll have to third Bigsleepj and Ash's opinion. I enjoyed it for what it was, but overall, I enjoyed the first one far better.

Agreed, to all three of you. XD I'm hoping we'll see more of the witty comedy of the first one in this third installment; I felt the second was a little lacking in that.

Radical Dreamer

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:56 pm

bigsleepj wrote:No. It's my own oppinion. My theory by J. Bigsleep, brackets, Herr-Doktor, brackets. This theory has been explained above. That is my theory, it is mine, and it belongs to me, and I own it, and what it is, too.

Seriously, no. I just saw POTC: DMC and drew my own conclusions.

XD I just wanted to introduce you the "Ask a Ninja" episode of The POTC review. The guy pretty much states some similar things you said.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Yojimbo » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:58 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Yeah, it's actually being released the same weekend as Spiderman 3. I'm pretty stoked. XD

Actually Spiderman 3 comes out May 4th, Pirates comes out May 25th. It's too bad though the last movie I'll see for awhile will be Spiderman 3 before I leave for Ft. Benning on the 8th.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:01 pm

See, my theory is that even though right now people are like, "Omigosh POTC2 wasn't that good! It was too complicated", when the 3rd movie comes out and ties up the ends, people will claim they loved it all along. *shrug*

Personally, I loved the second movie and did not find it confusing at all. That being said, OMIGOSH! I. can. not. WAIT. Beautiful costumes.
Kawaiikneko

Postby IZ&Trigun4life » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:19 pm

WOOT! I was SO fustrated at the end Of POTC2. Personally I felt that it ended to abruptly for some reason. Other than that i loved the second movie....it was frightening for me though..but I'm a wimp...whaddaya expect eh?
Image "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not."-Jeremiah 33:3
Yes I love my God, He is the fountain of life and my savior. He keeps me going day and night, without Him, I am no one, But with Him I can do everything, Christ is my strength

Adopted By:
Silvanis
Sakura's Wings
Tidus20

Adopted Neko Brother: Jaden Mental

*is still waiting for more offers lol*

Christians are not narrow minded. We are moral minded!

"My Heart Is Beeping....For The INVISIBLE CHILDREN"
IZ&Trigun4life

Postby Evangeline-San » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:22 pm

Elizabeth looks like a guy in this pic... I love her outfit though!
At least we don't have to wait til july this year. Just May. Can't wait! heh
~And we know that all things work together for good, to those who love God, and to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28
~*`*`*`*`*`*~
It's tough being a girl... In a pink world.
-me
~~~
~I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13
"I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak. There ain't no disguising the truth!"
Evangeline-San

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:26 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:See, my theory is that even though right now people are like, "Omigosh POTC2 wasn't that good! It was too complicated", when the 3rd movie comes out and ties up the ends, people will claim they loved it all along. *shrug*

Personally, I loved the second movie and did not find it confusing at all. That being said, OMIGOSH! I. can. not. WAIT. Beautiful costumes.

Well, it's not that I didn't like the second movie, because I did. There's posts of mine to prove that in the old POTC2 thread. XD I didn't feel like the plot was too complicated or difficult to understand at all (I mean, I am a big LOTR fan; I know how to keep up with multiple plots and subplots XD). I did, however, feel that it lacked some of the quirky humor of the first, and while that was a little disappointing, I was very satisfied with the ending and can't wait until the third is released. The only thing that worries me is that it seems POTC has been turned into Disney's newest money-maker, and I'm afraid they may begin cutting corners on quality in order to get the next installment out faster. I've heard rumors of a fourth film, but I'm not sure if those rumors have been solidified or not.

Anyways, I am excited about this movie, and I can't wait until May. But oh my gosh...the 25th...that's like, graduation day for me or something (or was it the 24th?). o_o That is so bizarre to think about. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:19 pm

Ryan, everyone has a plotline. The dog's got a plotline, the sea definetly has a plotline. If you're a body part you also have a plotline.

Great stuff!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:11 pm

To Will: Button that shirt up 'til you do some more bench presses and flyes, brother. Your pecs aren't all that impressive. [Neither are mine, but that's why I don't show them off.]

I think the movie has potential. I noticed that Elizabeth is sporting a more Oriental-inspired outfit and wielding a jian ~ perhaps she's learned a little Chinese swordsmanship [or swordswomanship, take your pick]? That would be kinda neat. I'm predicting that they will have to fight Barbossa again. Reason? Well, mostly because [spoiler for those who haven't seen PotC: DMC]

[spoiler]he says, "What's become of my ship?"[/spoiler]

Somehow, I doubt he's going to just give up the Pearl to Jack. As awesome as he is, I wouldn't trust him. Not any farther than I could throw him, anyways. And I doubt I could even lift the man.

I also plan to see the premiere in costume, something I didn't accomplish for the last film.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby heatherjanae35 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:24 pm

I cannot wait! I bet it will be awesome!! :)
This verse has helped me out alot: ;)
I can do ALL things through christ who strengthens me!! phillipians 4:13
heatherjanae35

Postby Maledicte » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:47 pm

Barbossa: his STAFF is a freakin' PIPE. THAT IS AWESOME. (or maybe that's just the lighter for the cannon? Oh well. Staff/pipe rules.
Jack: his hat's back. 8D
Elizabeth: OUTFIT WANT. She looks different with the tan/makeupless/blondish do.
Will: I like the wild-messy hair. He looks like he's flying. Whee! Go kill stuff, dude!
<hahahaa>: That is one looooooong mustache.
Maledicte

Next

Return to General Entertainment