College Football 06!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby termyt » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:09 pm

No big - it was pretty easy to guess when it came back wrong the first time :)
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Peanut » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:12 pm

Well guys, the first Bowl game starts tomorrow...thus beginning a relatively interesting bowl season...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:58 pm

I have been sick and I will join up as soon as I can.

Edit: Okay, I sign up for it, but I still can't find bowl pick em anywhere

Help!

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:00 pm

Wingzero...look under Fantasy, it's called College Bowl Mania...Anyway, yeah...I'm a little disappointed...most of the bowl games so far have been blow outs...hopefully that will change in the upcoming days...

Peanut

Postby Peanut » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:23 am

All right, just a quick announcement, if you want to join the Bowl Game Pick'Em...you have until 4:30 today...so HURRY UP!!!!

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:32 am

Peanut wrote:All right, just a quick announcement, if you want to join the Bowl Game Pick'Em...you have until 4:30 today...so HURRY UP!!!!

Went there and found the page for bowl game pick'em, but when I tried to look up CAA Bowl Pick'em. It told me that, it couldn't be found.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:03 pm

Hmmm...well, keep trying...I honestly can't help you with this one...I know it exists for a fact...just remember, it's a private league and the password is Blah.

Peanut

Postby termyt » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:56 am

The tourney has taken an interesting turn. The weightings add an interesting twist.

Like where the two of us have the same game with a 25+ weight, but the outcome picked differently.
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Peanut » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:54 pm

Yeah...if it wasn't for the weighting, we'd be tied...and if it wasn't for Pat White...I would still be in last place...YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:15 pm

Go BSU!

I think that I'm the only that believes that they can beat OU tonight.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:17 pm

I believe they can win, I just don't think they will...of course with how the game has been going right now...I am probably wrong...

Edit: Boise State just won...wow...that was impressive...

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:17 am

Now that's a Fiesta!

That right there is the best bowl game that I have every seen.

Also, IMO. It was the best college football game of the year.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby termyt » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:19 am

Dang, wish I saw that instead of the Rose Bowl.
termyt

Postby meboeck » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:20 am

Wingzero22 wrote:Now that's a Fiesta!

Wingzero22

I completely agree. That was simply amazing. Outstanding performance by both teams, but in the end BSU's determination won out.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:00 pm

Fiesta Bowl was on later than the Rose Bowl so you could have seen both.
As far as it goes it wasn't surprising to me that Boise State won.They've had had some rather great teams the last several years,the only thing is that being in the
WAC they don't get as noticed as much as teams in the 'big leagues'.
mitsuki lover

Postby Peanut » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:01 pm

Wingzero22 wrote:Now that's a Fiesta!

Wingzero22

Yesterday was by far the most exciting day in college football. Early on you had WVU making an epic come back against Georgia Tech to win there first Gator Bowl and then you had the Fiesta Bowl. The Fiesta bowl was definately the best bowl game so far, but I don't think it was the best game of the year...I still stick with the WVU-Rutgers game and, come to think of it, Auburn Florida wasn't that bad either...still, it was one of the greatest games ever and has asserted Boise State's position as the Gonzaga of College Football. I'm relatively sure that if they go undefeated next year they will get serious consideration for a spot in the National Title game...I hope.

Peanut

Postby termyt » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:16 am

They will definitely be more noticeable. They should get a "decent" pre-season ranking as long as they are not graduating too many of their starters. That should give them the opportunity to earn a slot in the championship game, so long as the teams above them lose, of course.
termyt

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:56 am

The bowl season has had some bad games and some good ones.

So far I would rated these bowl games for this year the best.

#1 Fiesta Bowl -BSU vs OU

Do I need a reason to say why this would is #1?

#2 Sun Bowl - Mizz vs Oregon State.

Oregon State was down by 10 with 12:08 to in 4th quarter and they come back and got for two to win the game.

#3 Chick-fil-a bowl Georgia vs VT.

I'm not a fan of Georgia, but I have to say that was a great game. They were down 21-3 at halftime and VT was running all over them in the first half.

#4 Gator Bowl Georgia Tech vs WVU.

I will stay this, I do like WVU, but I had to pull for GT on this one.

Georgia Tech and Georgia Southern are the only two Georgia teams that I like. I wasn't mad that WVU coming back it really, I was mad how Tech just blow it.

But hats off to WVU for the win and the bright thing for Tech is, we have a QB that is alot better then Reggie Ball was.

I have a feeling that Tech will be very good next year. They do lose some players, but they have a fine group that are FR and SQ and most of them are from Georgia. Most of the kids that will play next year, have been kids that I have seen play in high school football in Georgia and alot of them are very good.

The Insight bowl could have been a top 5 bowl game of the year. That is, if anyone got to watch it, which most didn't.

BTW: Nick Saban will take the Alabama job. The LSU vs Alabama has just got a whole lot more ugly now!

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:39 pm

I think people were betting that Oklahoma being the football powerhouse it normally is would stomp all over Boise State,even though Boise State had an unbeaten record.
Actually I was disappointed in that BSU let OU back into the game in the second half.IMO they made too many key errors in the second half that allowed it to go into overtime.If BSU had continued to play the way they had been playing up to that point the game would have been no contest.
btw:On a side note the Idaho billionaire that was taken to the hospital following the game appears to be recovering.
mitsuki lover

Postby termyt » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:03 am

Saban's stock just received junk status from me. If he was considering the job, why couldn't he just keep his mouth shut?

Alabama shouldn't have said anything while the NFL season was still on-going - that's a given, but the vehement denials on Saban’s part now make the Dolphin’s front office look like fools and Saban’s word look like the stuff I wipe my behind with.

He had three more years of contract left with Miami, as well. What’s that say about his ability to make a commitment?
termyt

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:42 am

termyt wrote:Alabama shouldn't have said anything while the NFL season was still on-going - that's a given, but the vehement denials on Saban’s part now make the Dolphin’s front office look like fools and Saban’s word look like the stuff I wipe my behind with.

The thing about waiting is, if you get a coach from NFL. It will help out getting kids from high school's come. Signing day for College football is the first week of Feb.

Alabama is desperate on getting someone to coach. The way things are going, they may have hired a manager from Taco Bell in Tuscaloosa

Ivan Maisel from Espn said it best about Saban.

Is Saban eight times better than the coach who outmaneuvered Bob Stoops of Oklahoma on Monday night? Boise State paid Chris Petersen $500,000 this season -- and he still hasn't lost a game.

It may fly in the face of recent history to believe that Alabama should have hired someone for whom the program would be a step up. They have tried that in the last four hires over 10 years, and Mike DuBose, Dennis Franchione, Mike Price and Mike Shula didn't work.

As Saban mulled going to Alabama, a close friend of mine who is a diehard Crimson Tider said, "We'll make a coach out of him, too." His point is that Alabama football is bigger than any one coach.

By going out and buying Saban, Alabama has put more than chips on the table. The university has bet its football future and reputation on a guy who provides no reason to believe that he will build a career in Tuscaloosa.

If Saban wins and bolts, as he did at Michigan State and LSU, or if he fails to win $32 million worth of games, Saban will have done more to make Alabama football smaller than anything the three Mikes ever did. The way to success in the SEC, as Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida have illustrated, is to hire coaches on their way up who will build programs that last.

That Moore chose to spend the money to hire Saban shows how desperate the university is. It's an all-or-nothing bet, and the early line is pick 'em.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:02 pm

FLORIDA GATORS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

WOOOOOO!!!!!!

Final Score: 41-14
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:14 pm

OH. MY. GOSH. *lays down and dies*

This is embarrassing and depressing. It's like the Bucks weren't even playing! My word.... They were certainly not playing their best game tonight. =__=;

- Disappointed in the Buckeye state
Kawaiikneko

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:37 pm

The leason for tonight is,

I should have learn that a team with speed is going to give the other one a hard time.

Hmm, I give Fla this, they showed that OSU was all talk and nothing to show for it.

After reading the paper today, Fla match up better then OSU on paper.

Fla played 9 teams with winning records and 10 of the teams that Fla played went to a bowl game.

OSU only played five teams with winning records and I'm not sure how many went to a bowl game.

Now for the Tenn fan in me. I give my vote for BSU for the national champions or part of it anyway.

Wing is not going to call the Gators national champions this year, since they didn't get to play a BSU team that went 13-0.

I just hope that this will change the bowl system.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:44 pm

Even thou my team won, I agree. The BCS needs a playoff system. To many teams get snubbed by the current system. (Ex. Auburn a few years ago, Michigan this year, etc. etc.)
WrestlingOtaku

Postby silverSky » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:06 pm

Well I'm just happy my team won! ^_^

WOOT. :D

silverSky
Jhn 1: 1-5 KJ

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Psalm 115: 105-106 OKJ

105) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
106) I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgements.

Psalm 91:1-2

1) He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty
2) I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
silverSky

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:02 am

This does make history.

Never in the NCAA, has a team become national champions in college basketball and college football in the same year.

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:35 am

Wingzero22 wrote:Hmm, I give Fla this, they showed that OSU was all talk and nothing to show for it. Wingzero22

No, it just goes to show the Gators had more incentive to win the game, we lost a great player in the first few minutes, the refs SUCKED, and we played terrible past the first 5 minutes. Had OSU been playing real football it may have turned out differently. =__=;; I've never seen them play so badly all year, and it wasn't just the Gators being good (Though the game totally deserved to go to them. They did awesome)

*wishing OSU had at least put up a fight...* *sigh*
Kawaiikneko

Postby termyt » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:27 am

Wingzero22 wrote:Hmm, I give Fla this, they showed that OSU was all talk and nothing to show for it.

Do you really believe that or are you just trying to rile the OSU fans here?

Worse than loosing the game, and what I dread the most, all of the Big Ten nay-sayers are going to crawl out of the woodwork now proclaiming the Big Ten is garbage.

The top three teams form the Big Ten this year were OSU, Michigan, and Wisconson. During the regular season, those three teams lost a combined 2 games. Wisconsin lost to Michigan and Michigan lost to OSU. They finished the season Ranked 1, 3, and 5. Michigan would have been number two except that no one outside of Ann Arbor wanted the national title game to be an OSU/Michigan rematch.

Yes, Michigan and OSU blew their bowl games. And apparently that makes the other three months of the season meaningless. Whatever.
termyt

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:49 pm

termyt wrote:Do you really believe that

I do believe that and no, I'm not trying to rile the OSU fans here.

Geez!

Wingzero22
Roy Mustang

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment