THR3E movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

THR3E movie

Postby Yeito » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:03 am

Has anyone else seen the commercials and heard about the THR3E movie coming out?

It's based on Ted Dekker's best selling novel "THR3E", which (in my opinion) was a completely awesome and totally just downright good book.

Ted Dekker is a Christian fiction author, and his book obviously had Christian themes and ideas in it. So do you think Hollywood will try to take that out?

Thoughts/ideas? Anyone? I just found out today, even though it comes out friday, and I am SO excited! This is one of my favorite books, and he is one of my favorite authors.
Yeito

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:24 am

I'm very excited! I've seen the trailer and been following the movie since it was first announced to be made. Should be great. Pity there's no world release, so I'll have to wait 5 or so months before it comes to DVD.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Stephen » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:56 am

*Laughs* At least its not some ripoff or spinoff of Se7en.
Stephen

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:29 am

I would love to see thsi movie...but the closest theater it's going to is 3 hours away...
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:01 am

It's nothing like Se7en.

CR, the closest one to me is 27 hours I think. Hmm...
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Stephen » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:00 am

No, I am sure it's not. It's just lame they ripped off the way Se7en wrote its name.
Stephen

Postby Tommy » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:20 pm

Steve, I'm surprised you didn't see this thread:

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=39048

And this was another one:
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=29117&highlight=Thr3e

It's on the same page and was last posted on 12-21-06.

By the way, I really wanna see this and I think Ted Dekker had the logo like that when he wrote the book so HE ripped off Se7en unless someone else was responsible for the book's logo.
Tommy

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:25 pm

Se7en doesn't even make sense...

at least Thr3e makes sense...^^; I mean 3 is leet for E
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Doe Johnson » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:36 pm

THR33!!! The Original 1337!

*glad she got the ask a ninja quote out of her system*
Anywho, I thought it looked like the show would be pretty good. I've read the book before, it wasn't really my favorite, but I think they could make a good movie out of it. Hopefully it won't be butchered like many low-budget Christian movies...

*also won't be able to watch it because it won't play in a nearby theater*
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby jon_jinn » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:35 pm

i'm somewhat skeptical about this movie. i know Dekker's books are good but...let's just say i'm not sure if this movie will go the way most people want it to go.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Stephen » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:11 pm

Tom, don't pseudomoderate. If you have an issue regarding how I do my job, try using the PM feature. Or, try moderating while working a fulltime job. I don't read every thread on CAA, so find it in your heart to forgive me if I don't catch every single mistake members make concerning the placement of threads...or making of more than one.
Stephen

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:28 pm

This movie will break ground for Christian movies and I'm sure it will be good but I think it will possibly still suffer a bit from a very low-budget. Apparently the acting is pretty decent (which is always good).
We'll have to wait and see.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Yeito » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:15 pm

Well... despite the various opinions and misguided accusations, I am still very much excited.

If its as good as the book, it will be a miracle. I'm actually thinking they may have kept the Christian aspect in it as well because I found a clip of him actually in one of his Seminary classes. It may not be a 100% promise, but its still something.

Still... can't wait for Friday >.<! Eeee~ ::bliss::

And to Tom- Sorry That I didn't see those other threads. I looked for some, but couldn't find any. I thought it was odd that there weren't any, but I made one anyway because I have no friends that would appreciate a Christian book being made into a mainstream movie so I really wanted to talk to people on here about it.
Either way, does it really matter? o_o ::shrug::
Yeito

Postby Yumie » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:47 am

Sadly, I'm not too excited about this movie, simply because the budget is so low. I've been excited about books being made into movies in the past, and because of a bad budget they've always turned out poorly and given the book a bad name. Since this is my all-time favorite book, I don't want that to happen. But, if it turns out well, I'll be pleasantly suprised, won't I? :)
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:38 pm

[quote="ChristianRonin"]Se7en doesn't even make sense...

at least Thr3e makes sense...^^]

if you turn the 7 on it's side, it is a V...

I have to admit, the name looks like a ripoff...

I watched two clips, and... Hmm... I'm not sure yet... EDIT: If I am going to be interested, I mean, not if it's a ripoff of Se7en... I just meant the name was a ripoff of Se7en...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Ichigo_89 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:25 pm

Based on the trailer, I'm really excited (even though most book adaption to movie is pale in comparison to the source material).

But again, not sure how it'll turn out. Comes out Friday at most every theater around me (woot!)
Ichigo_89

Postby Yeito » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:12 pm

Well, I went and watched the infamous THR3E today.

I was slightly disappointed, but I was actually not as disappointed as I thought I would be. They kept to the story line, strikingly well for a movie, and even kept the original spiritual theme in it.

Of course, there was a group of idiots in the theater that were laughing and stomping up and down the stairs and it was HIGHLY annoying.

My only real problem with the movie was that it seemed to drag near the middle. I don't remember the book dragging at all. But I also saw a commercial for House (which I got for christmas ironically) So I cant wait for that!

And as a final note, I thought the actor that played Kevin did a SPLENDID job. Especially at the end. It was convincable and just... very well done in my opinion.

SO... thoughts? No not arguments about whos opinion is right, just what everyone thinks. ::shrug::
Yeito

Postby Felix » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:37 pm

Ahh, I LOVED it! I've been really excited about this movie for a long time, and I love the book to death, so I'm probably a bit biased, but I thought it was great, and very very well done for being relatively low budget. And it did a very good job of covering most of the content of the book in a two-hour film.
Felix

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:58 am

It was very low budget. $2.5 million is not relatively low, it's massively low. I'm going to have to wait to see it on dvd (buy it on Amazon or something).
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Felix » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:47 pm

Oh, well then my opinion of the movie has raised. Because for being massively low budget, it's very well done. That's a bummer that you have to wait, but at least you get to see it ^^
Felix

Postby Pent » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:48 pm

I doubt that the name thr3e could be a rip off of se7en seeing as how thr3e was a book before se7en was a movie, but was se7en a book before a movie to?

Anyways I want to see it because it's one of my all time favorite books, but I'm hearing alot of bad reviews and it's a $2.5 million budget, I mean that's so low it hurts.
Pent

Postby Stephen » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:57 pm

Um. According to Wikipedia the Thr3e book was written in 2003. Se7en was a movie in 1995. Unless I am missing somthing I don't see how Thr3e predates Se7en.
Stephen

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:30 pm

It doesn't true, but it's not even that similar (the trailer did give the feel it would be like Saw though). Which is stupid since Thr3e is psychological thriller and Saw is slasher horror.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Pent » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:14 pm

OOPS! Sorry, I had my movies mixed up completely. Yeah I guess I just don't know what I'm talking about.
Pent

Return to General Entertainment