Favourite quotes from comics

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Favourite quotes from comics

Postby Sammy Boy » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:34 pm

Does anyone have any quote(s) from comics that they particularly like? If so, post here and tell us why.

Mine is one of the well known Green Lantern oaths:

-------------------------------------
In brightest day, in darkest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
------------------------------------------------

My reason is that it sounds like a very catchy superhero mission statement. :)
Sammy Boy

Postby Kkun » Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:37 am

"Find this 'Carson Daly' person and eliminate him." - The Kingpin, Ultimate Spider-Man.

"Sleep well, Judas." - Daredevil to Tony Stark after spitting a silver coin at him at the end of Civil War #5.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:06 am

"I'm going to go find Largo . . . and PK him."
~ Piro from MegaTokyo

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:40 am

"Man goes to doctor. Says he’s depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says “Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up.â€
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Tommy » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:13 am

(This quote is not 100% accurate. I only read Megatokyo Vol.1 once a while ago. For example, I'm not sure who said which line so correct me if I'm wrong.)

Largo: Have you ever thought we should settle down, find a love, buy a house, and live a normal life.

Piro: Didn't they make a Sims game about that?

Largo: Yeah, it sucked.

Piro: There you go.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Largo: You know, I've been thinking...
Piro: Which should be legalized.
Tommy

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:18 pm

I'm certain that if I read through my favorite graphic novels (some of Neil Gaiman's work and Watchmen, namely) I would find quotes, but for the moment none are coming to mind.

Then again, I am at a public library. I don't have a lot of time, but I did have enough to look up one thing I recalled. More of a favorite moment than a quote, but still.

Manhatten: What's that in your hand, Veidt? Another ultimate weapon?
Ozymandias: Yes. Yes, you could say that.
uc pseudonym

Postby Photosoph » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:20 pm

I can't think of any obscure, great ones at the moment, but only one of the most well-known ones (I wonder if anyone's already mentioned it here?)
"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben from Spiderman"
Quite poignant for a variety of situations.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:32 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Manhatten: What's that in your hand, Veidt? Another ultimate weapon?
Ozymandias: Yes. Yes, you could say that.

*giggles with glee* That makes me want to read watchmen again.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:19 pm

"But it doesn't have to change into what you saw. I've had my share of prophets and time travellers, Conner. All my life I've had people telling me what I'm going to be when I "grow up". 'He's going to be Batman.' But I found my own path as Nightwing. And if I've learned anything from my time with the Titans, it's that the future isn't written in stone."
-Nightwing to Superboy; Teen Titans

"Why do they blame me for all their little failings? They use my name as if I spend my entire day sitting on their shoulders, forcing them to commit acts they would otherwise find repulsive. 'The devil made me do it.' I have never made one of them do anything. Never. They live their own tiny lives. I do not live their lives for them .... They talk of my going around and buying souls - never stopping to ask themselves why. I need no souls. And how can anyone own a soul? No. They belong to themselves - they just hate to have to face up to it." -- Lucifer, Season of Mists
Azier the Swordsman

Postby rocklobster » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:06 am

This is from Justice League. It's from Zauriel, an angel who was temporarily with the team.
"I haven't slept since the dawn of creation. I didn't want to miss any more dawns that good."
It just sounds like something an angel would say.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:31 pm

"It was a dark and spooky night. How spooky was it? Spoooooooooooooooky!"
-- Snoopy (typing the opening of a book)
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:14 am

"Aha! I'll bounce off that broad, flat surface and flip to safety. *SNAP!* Aha! I'll bounce off that broad, flat surface and be in a lot of pain!"
-The Tick

"SNIKT!"
-X-men (sound of Wolverine's claws coming out)

"Shut up, Desire. The next time you feel like talking, just shut up."
-Death, The Sandman

"Who put the plutonium peanut butter in my underwear?"
-Opus, Bloom County
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:24 am

my favorite Joker moment. From "The Joker Fish"
Joker walks into a copyrighter commissioner's office.
Copyright Commissioner : Good Lord!
Joker (looks around fearfully): Where? Oh, I see. It was just an expression of endearment, eh, Mr. Francis?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:37 am

Photosoph wrote:"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben from Spiderman"

that's my favorite quote too. :sweat:
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:55 am

"I am not your sweet babboo!"
-- Linus (to Sally)
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby bigsleepj » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:57 am

"I really like beer."
-Wolverine in Astonishing X-Men.
bigsleepj

Return to General Entertainment