The Worst Christmas Special/movie EVER!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Worst Christmas Special/movie EVER!

Postby rocklobster » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:19 am

Because it is Christmas, I have decided to unveil what I consider the worst Christmas Special/movie ever--The He-man Christmas special!
Why is this so bad? Well, besides the usual Christmas sappiness, Skeletor is actually overcome by the Christmas Spirit. That's right, Skeletor, who was supposed to be an all-around heartless evil dude, is reduced to pure mush by stupid "Christmas magic". ARGH! Even as a kid, I wanted to barf. :thumbsdow
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Sammy Boy » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:32 am

Maybe it was Filmation's attempt to say something about even the worst villain being able to be redeemed. He-Man's episodes always had some moral lesson at the end of each one as well.

If it was an attempt to "teach" the audience something, the Christmas Special was too simple - but perhaps that's what appeals to (some) kids. I put that word in brackets because I know you didn't fall for that as a kid. :)
Sammy Boy

Postby silverSky » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:38 pm

LOL, hmm I tell you there was a movie out their that had evil Santa Claus basically he was a demon cursed to give out gifts and do go for certain number of centuries.
It by far the worst Christmas Movie, Santa CLaus being evil, come on...its Santa CLaus. >_>

silverSky
Jhn 1: 1-5 KJ

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Psalm 115: 105-106 OKJ

105) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
106) I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgements.

Psalm 91:1-2

1) He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty
2) I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
silverSky

Postby Puritan » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:12 pm

Worst Christmas special I've seen is "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians". Yes, you read that right. Besides being the worst example of early 1960's commercialized Christmas I have found, it has a tin-foil robot, an idiotic Martian who becomes the Martian Santa Claus, terribly cliched early 60's sci-fi concepts like force-shields and rocket ships dumbed down (even more) for children, a man with a terrible fake German accent who pretends to be a Werner Von Braun ripoff, and an abysmal theme song sung by a bubbly children's choir. Sure, it made a great "Mystery Science Theater 3000" episode, but the movie itself was terrible in a way well beyond even the worst Christmas special I've seen otherwise.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:33 pm

Puritan wrote:Worst Christmas special I've seen is "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians". Yes, you read that right. Besides being the worst example of early 1960's commercialized Christmas I have found, it has a tin-foil robot, an idiotic Martian who becomes the Martian Santa Claus, terribly cliched early 60's sci-fi concepts like force-shields and rocket ships dumbed down (even more) for children, a man with a terrible fake German accent who pretends to be a Werner Von Braun ripoff, and an abysmal theme song sung by a bubbly children's choir. Sure, it made a great "Mystery Science Theater 3000" episode, but the movie itself was terrible in a way well beyond even the worst Christmas special I've seen otherwise.

LOL, we had that for $1 at Target and the title made me laugh so I picked it up.
It is HORRIBLE. In fact, it's so bad it falls under the "so bad it's good" catagory, because it's just really, really hilarious to watch. Some of the worst fight scenes ever, and the polar bear costume is so obviously a costume it looks completely rediculous.
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:41 pm

That old claymation Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer film. Oh man, that was creepy. Everything in it looks strange and creepy.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:38 pm

really?? I love that one! It's the only Rankin-Bass holiday special I can really like. *doesn't like Frosty, for example*
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:40 pm

While we're on this subject, I believe it's legally required that we mention the Star Wars Holiday Special. It does indeed cross the line between idiotic in a fun way and idiotic in a homicide-inducing way.
uc pseudonym

Postby Puritan » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:59 pm

Yes, yes, that one does make the list. Idiotic in a homicide-inducing way is, I think, an understatement. Though watching small portions of it provides entertainment for a while, watching even a quarter of it in one sitting is maddening.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:05 pm

ikimasu wrote:That old claymation Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer film. Oh man, that was creepy. Everything in it looks strange and creepy.

*gasp!* Blasphemy! XD That movie is like...my CHILDHOOD. XD

...Umm...I have nothing else to contribute. XD; I can't think of any awful Christmas movies, mostly because I only ever watch the classics, or the "good ones". :lol:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Doe Johnson » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:42 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:While we're on this subject, I believe it's legally required that we mention the Star Wars Holiday Special. It does indeed cross the line between idiotic in a fun way and idiotic in a homicide-inducing way.

XD I was thinking of this!! I've only seen a few minutes of it though...wish I could have seen the rest.
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:01 pm

I happen to hate all those stupid made-for-TV "Christmas movies" they've been coming out with. You know, the ones they show on Lifetime or ABC Family. Blech.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Nate » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:12 pm

A Mexican film called Santa Claus.

The narrator places Santa’s castle, not at the North Pole, but “far out in space...just above the North Pole,â€

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:00 pm

Puritan wrote:Yes, yes, that one does make the list. Idiotic in a homicide-inducing way is, I think, an understatement. Though watching small portions of it provides entertainment for a while, watching even a quarter of it in one sitting is maddening.

How would you compare it to Santa Claus Conquers the Martians? I probably would only watch the MST3000 of it anyway, but I'm curious.

Doe Johnson wrote:XD I was thinking of this!! I've only seen a few minutes of it though...wish I could have seen the rest.

I'm not so sure you do. There are parts that are funny in their stupidity, but it is honestly not worth watching it for those. I wouldn't recommend anyone doing more than looking for clips on YouTube.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:11 pm

kaemmerite wrote:A Mexican film called Santa Claus.

Oh my... sometimes, I REALLY do wonder where people come up with plots like that... It would be amusing to watch, just for gags though^^ Like getting a group of friends together to watch it, only to poke fun and criticize how lame it is (ah yes, those can be so fun to do^^)
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:25 pm

ShiroiHikari wrote:I happen to hate all those stupid made-for-TV "Christmas movies" they've been coming out with. You know, the ones they show on Lifetime or ABC Family. Blech.

Oh, I know, I hate those things! And the thing is, most of them are remakes of movies like "It's A Wonderful Life" or "Groundhog Day". It's so pathetic; there's at least one or two of them like that every year. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tarnish » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:36 pm

I wonder if anyone has brought up "Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny" yet...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138074/
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:59 pm

There really was a Star Wars special!?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Ashley » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:33 pm

There really was a Star Wars special!?

Oh goodness, yes! It was something like visiting Kayshykk and meeting Chewie's family.

Now, my tolerance for holiday cheesiness is pretty high, but there is one Christmas movie I just cannot stand. It's <i>A Christmas Story</i>, you know, the one with the bb gun and the bunny suit and the creepy leg-lamp. Ugh.
Ashley

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:45 pm

XDDD

Lets see... I have to agree with the made for tv holiday movies that ABC Family, Lifetime and Hallmark make..they are such CHEESE Give me the classic claymation stuff anyday!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:19 pm

ikimasu wrote:That old claymation Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer film. Oh man, that was creepy. Everything in it looks strange and creepy.

Actually ....it was felt made XD

Anyways i think the worst would be Rudolf's random specials they show only on TV and it is like Ruldolf saves baby new year (gosh that one was horrid) and then Ruldolf and the island of misfit toys (ouchy) it was a horribly done cg movie.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Doe Johnson » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:07 pm

Ashley wrote:Oh goodness, yes! It was something like visiting Kayshykk and meeting Chewie's family.

Now, my tolerance for holiday cheesiness is pretty high, but there is one Christmas movie I just cannot stand. It's A Christmas Story, you know, the one with the bb gun and the bunny suit and the creepy leg-lamp. Ugh.

A Christmas Story = The all time worst Christmas movie EVER!
I've never understood why people like it. Everyone in my family hates it. Why on earth it gets shown for one whole day each year is beyond me.
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:11 pm

I actually like A christmas story. I hated it till this year i relized its almost like a christmas forerunner of Napolyn Dynamite
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:05 pm

I've only seen parts of it, but Santa with Muscles would count.

It has Hulk Hogan in it.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Nate » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:30 pm

Doe Johnson wrote:A Christmas Story = The all time worst Christmas movie EVER!

O.O

You and Ashley both fail. Seriously. It isn't Christmas until I have watched that movie. I refuse to sing songs, open presents, or go to church until I have seen that movie. It's THAT important to me.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:09 am

ROFL, I never understood the whole thing with A Christmas Story. It's just one of those movies...you either love it or you hate it, there's no in-between. Personally, I never have liked it, and neither has anyone else in my family. But a family that my family is really good friends with LOVES it, and it's like, a major tradition to them. XD So who knows. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:32 pm

awww I LOVE the Baby new year Rudolph special...and the CG rudolph was...decent....

OK I AM WIERD! sue me XD
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:45 pm

ChristianRonin wrote:and the CG rudolph was...decent....

Oy... I had to watch that one twice in 2 days :/ Remember those times back in Kindergarden-MAYBE grade 10 where teachers would bring Christmas movies in for the last day of school before holidays? Well, at least mine always did. Anyhow, I had to watch the Rudolph movie twice in 2 days (I think it was because we were on a Day 1/2 thing in mid high). My one friend had to watch it once for one class, go for lunch, then come back again for the next class (same teacher, like me, except our class times were different) and then watch it again >_<
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Puritan » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:55 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:How would you compare it to Santa Claus Conquers the Martians? I probably would only watch the MST3000 of it anyway, but I'm curious.

Well...I have to say that the Star Wars Holiday Special is better in production values overall, both are really campy (in either a 70's sense or a 60's sense), Santa Clause Conquers the Martians has the advantage of not slaughtering a great movie series, and the Star Wars special doesn't have vile 60's commercialized Christmas music. Santa Clause Conquers the Martians has truly terrible acting, sets far worse than those of the Star Wars special, a character named Dropo, sickeningly nice Earth children, an odd commentary on how mindless TV is, and freeze guns that seem to run on air. The Star Wars special has its own share of bad acting, extended scenes without anyone talking at all, terribly random interludes with corny transitions, and a character named Lumpy. They both are terrible.

Oh, and if you (legally) want to see "Santa Clause Conquers the Martians", go here: http://www.archive.org/details.php?identifier=santa_claus_conquers_the_martians

The movie is now public domain, so you could rent, borrow, or buy the MST3k version (which has the added bonus of the song "A Patrick Swayze Christmas" and the MST3K comments), or you could just see the original vileness of this film for free.
Puritan

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:26 pm

Ashley wrote:Oh goodness, yes! It was something like visiting Kayshykk and meeting Chewie's family.

How the crap did they pull that off?
Shao Feng-Li

Next

Return to General Entertainment