Funniest Mainstream Comic Right Now

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Funniest Mainstream Comic Right Now

Postby Puguni » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:13 pm

Because I read Parade, I came across this article and was wondering what everyone else thought. If some names don't seem like they belong, don't worry, I felt the same way. However, this was taken right from the magazine.

Feel free to add names, but no indie names that no one has ever heard of, like "My MOM."
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:28 pm

Funniest comic isn't something I really look at all that much (it's more the writers than the comics themselves, generally, and I don't go much for standup) but I guess I'd have to put Will Ferrell, though it was close among him, Ben Stiller, and Jack Black... Because...

1. Robin William's brand of comedic indignation is allready very old... Buh...
2. I'm more for Jim Carrey in dramatic roles now... I just... can't watch anymore of his old comedies in particular after "Eternal Sunshine"
3. Chris Rock... *sigh* no thank you
4. Adam Sandler's comedy is starting to wear thin...
5. Owen Wilson pretty much wouldn't be where he was without Ben Stiller... Of course, you may be able to say the same thing about Ben... Hmm...
6. I don't know the other two.

That's about it... There aren't any comics that wow me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:45 pm

Hah, I saw that same article. XD And I was blown away that the author thought Ben Stiller was so funny, 'cause I really don't like him all that much, especially compared to some of the others on that list. XD Anyways, I voted for Steve Carell (with Will Ferrell coming in at a close second). XD Both of them have made movies that push the envelope, but the real reason I voted for Steve Carell was because of The Office. I mean, who can resist laughing their face off at Michael Scott? XD

As for the others...

Robin Williams is ingeniously funny at times, and his improv. is killer. XD He's quite good in serious roles, too. Dead Poets' Society FTW.

Jim Carrey can be very funny sometimes (I personally loved him in Dumb and Dumber), and other times he can just be too over-the-top for my tastes. I love his more serious movies too, like The Truman Show. Fatastic. :D

Jack Black...eh. That's all I have to say. XD

Chris Rock is kinda funny, but his humor has never really appealed to me. I preferred Chris Tucker's roles in the Rush Hour movies to anything Chris Rock has done.

Adam Sandler, I can't stand. XD

Owen Wilson...he can be funny, but I find a lot of his stuff to be too crass for my tastes.

As for Sacha Baron Cohen, I've never seen him in anything, and given the reputation of his most recent film, I really don't want to. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:34 pm

Robin Williams is one of the best improvisational comics which is why I voted for him.NANU!NANU!
mitsuki lover

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:13 pm

Robin Williams FTW becuase he is hilarious most of the time.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby CreatureArt » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:23 pm

I voted Adam Sandler because I really liked the movie Click. If you didn't, great. I'm glad you hold a different opinion. ^^

I don't watch a whole heap of movies so I'm just going by the last comic I'd seen in a movie. (Plus, I have enjoyed some of Adam Sandlers roles... but I do get annoyed at how comedy can so easily become crass at times).
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Return to General Entertainment