heroes fans unite

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

heroes fans unite

Postby faithfighter » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:11 pm

so anyone on here like Heroes?? personally I think it is the best show ever!!!
Peter is my fav character!!
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby termyt » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:33 am

I've only seen two episodes - I watch so little of broadcaste TV I can never remember to turn it on to watch a show I am interested in - but it looks very interesting. Interesting characters.

There's another thread on this show, by the way. You may want to pop in and say hi.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:07 pm

I like it.I have to say though my favorite character so far has to be Hiro because he's the one who comes closest to being the average person in the audience.
mitsuki lover

Postby creed4 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:06 pm

Its great
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby silverSky » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:53 pm

I love the hunantistic normal lives of the characters. I mean the only thing that makes them different from people is the fact they have powers. ^_^

Very interesting show with an interesting plot. I just hate being left hanging all the time. :(
Jhn 1: 1-5 KJ

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Psalm 115: 105-106 OKJ

105) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
106) I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgements.

Psalm 91:1-2

1) He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty
2) I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
silverSky

Postby faithfighter » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:47 pm

I know! cliff hangers are evil, expecailly when they leave you hanging for over a month! (next ep is in january!!)

I like Peter best because of the strength of his character. He's a true self sacrificing, servant. it's so rare to find one of those in modern tv. also I relate to him a lot because I'm the dreamer of my family.

btw I was looking for the other heroes thread...can't seem to find it. could someone link me?
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:17 pm

Did they not show a few episodes on Sci Fi?From the recap on yesterday it looked like it or I might just not have been watching too carefully.
Any way from yesterday it appears that Peter has an interesting power that is similiar to a certain skunk haired female X-Man.
mitsuki lover

Postby rocklobster » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:57 pm

Yeah, I noticed his similarity to Rogue too.
This series has the coolest villain I've seen on TV in a long time. Sylar definitely scares me.
And I like Claire best myself. I was surprised at the fact that her dad wasn't as evil as the trailers made him out to be. I think some of his actions are actually justified.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Ingemar » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:43 pm

No, I think he will end up just as evil as all the commercials make him out to be.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby faithfighter » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:15 pm

I agree w/Ingemar. Wrong actions are wrong no matter your motivation and besides he's done some seriously horrible things that were only hinted at in the series...

how do you do the spoiler things?? I'm curious so I can say things about the eps
faithfighter

Postby Alice » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:01 am

Claire is my favorite character. Even though she is super cute, and a cheerleader, because of her anxiety about her powers, her family, etc. and her desire to do the right thing, she comes over, in my opinion, as something of an "everygirl." Although I missed at least one episode so far...

I think she's the youngest "hero" character so far.
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Ingemar » Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:46 pm

Micah Sanders or that androgynous Indian kid is probably the youngest "hero" so far but 1). the entire Sanders subplot so far has been lame and 2). androgynous Indian kid is IMO nothing but a plot device to get Mohinder's rear end back to Brooklyn.

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:22 pm

Are Peter and Syler's powers the same?It seems they both can 'leech' powers from those around them.
mitsuki lover

Postby Alice » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:37 pm

[spoiler] Sylar *steals* people's powers... by stealing their brains and lives. Peter is just sort of powerly-empathic. :D [/spoiler]

And no one dared
Alice

Postby CreatureArt » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:44 pm

I've seen the trailers for this show on the internet but chances are NZ won't get to see it on TV at all unless its really popular in the states. ^^" I'm looking forward to it if it comes out here, though.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby faithfighter » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:18 pm

I hope you do get to see it CA it's awesome!!
~~
Micah Sanders or that androgynous Indian kid is probably the youngest "hero" so far but 1). the entire Sanders subplot so far has been lame and 2). androgynous Indian kid is IMO nothing but a plot device to get Mohinder's rear end back to Brooklyn.

The Sanders plot is a bit poinltess to the main plot, so far at least, but in it's own aspect it was really cool.
and I also disagree with your second point. the kid was needed:
[spoiler] he showed how Papa Suresh died, letting us know who did it. and not to mention it talked about Mohinder's sister which I bet is important...somehow...[/spoiler]
faithfighter

Postby CreatureArt » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:09 pm

I love youtube. ^^ I've watched the first and second episodes, as well as 3/4s of the third and I'm really enjoying it. ^^ I did find it a bit disturbing in the opening episodes when:

[spoiler] Claire sticks her hand down the drain into the waste disposal then pulls it back out and watches it grow back. Ewwww. [/spoiler]
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby faithfighter » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:31 pm

that was gross!!!

btw right now all the eps are on nbc's site!
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/
see where it says "next on..." click on that then just pick the ep you want to watch.
warning there are some scenes in the series...that you might want to skip over
[spoiler] a large chunk of the scenes with Nikki in it are bad, expecially her scene with Nathan in ep 4 [/spoiler]
faithfighter

Postby rocklobster » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:42 pm

Alice wrote:Claire is my favorite character. Even though she is super cute, and a cheerleader, because of her anxiety about her powers, her family, etc. and her desire to do the right thing, she comes over, in my opinion, as something of an "everygirl." Although I missed at least one episode so far...

I think she's the youngest "hero" character so far.

What about that black guy's kid? He reached right through a pay phone and got it to work agian, remember?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:16 pm

I am just getting into it... watchin it on nbc.com

I LOVE IT!! I like it even better then lost... or monk!! its just so awesome! and sylar is one of the best villians ever!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:18 pm

They're on NBC.com?! Thanks so much, FF! I couldn't find the next episode on Youtube so now I can watch it. Thanks again! ^^
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:12 pm

CreatureArt wrote:They're on NBC.com?! Thanks so much, FF! I couldn't find the next episode on Youtube so now I can watch it. Thanks again! ^^

yah but they load every 3 seconds... they are kinda hard to watch... ^^"

my friend has them all downloaded... I will hafta see if he can burn them for me~!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby faithfighter » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:07 pm

What about that black guy's kid? He reached right through a pay phone and got it to work agian, remember?

actually...
[spoiler] the kid, Micah, didn't reach into it. he touched it. he has the power of machine empathy. she he can control machines and the like. [/spoiler]
faithfighter

Postby Ingemar » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:38 am

Does anyone else find it odd that everyone in India speaks perfect English TO EACH OTHER?

Ingemar

Postby mastersquirrel » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:03 am

Ingemar wrote:Does anyone else find it odd that everyone in India speaks perfect English TO EACH OTHER?

Slightly, then again that could just because some of the people who play the Indian people don't actually speak India's native language. It doesn't really bother me anyway, though I do like them having Hiro and Ando speak Japanese.

I am a big fan of the series. It's quite possibly the most enjoyable show for me to watch since Joan of Arcadia. So far I think they've done very well revealing plot and the overall story is very well done. I also really like how they do the cliffhangers (yes, I love cliffhangers). I can't wait for it to start back up in January.

My favorite hero thus far has to be Hiro. Not only is his power very cool, but he's really funny. Plus:

[spoiler=About Hiro]I can't wait until he finds that sword! So cool...[/spoiler]
mastersquirrel

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:16 pm

Yeah,if it weren't for Hiro I don't think I would be too interested in the series.I like the fact that he's self sacrificing to a fault.I mean of all the 'Heroes' I think he would be the one that would be most willing to make the ultimate sacrifice if it came to it.
mitsuki lover

Postby Ingemar » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:07 pm

I found it weird that this show strictly adheres to the "characteristically Japanese person must be extremely overpowered" rule even though that rule only applies to anime, (Japanese) RPGs, videogames and sentai.

I mean, Hiro is the only character besides Sylar and (possibly) the Haitian with multiple abilities that are overwhelmingly useful. And he has a sword.

Everyone else just... sucks.

Yeah,if it weren't for Hiro I don't think I would be too interested in the series.I like the fact that he's self sacrificing to a fault.

Not really. Even though he is probably the most powerful of the "good" guys, he still suffers with cowardice. However, Peter [spoiler]Was willing to save Claire even though the painting showed his apparent "death" for doing so[/spoiler]and did all that knowing that his power is pretty much useless.

Ingemar

Postby CreatureArt » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:19 pm

Is anyone able to recap episode five for me in a spoiler tag? I can't watch the episodes on NBC because it tells me I'm from the wrong location (perhaps because I am a kiwi?). I can get episode 6 on youtube, though.

Thanks. ^^

Oh, and Hiro is my favourite person so far, too. He seems so nice, good-hearted and funny. Plus, there's the line "Suupaa Hiro...." :lol:
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Alice » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:35 pm

Ingemar wrote:Does anyone else find it odd that everyone in India speaks perfect English TO EACH OTHER?

No.

And I didn't count Micah, faithfighter, because he's just a secondary character so far, albeit a very nice one.

I guess it's no surprise most people here like Hiro best. ;)

And no one dared
Alice

Postby faithfighter » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:57 pm

Does anyone else find it odd that everyone in India speaks perfect English TO EACH OTHER?

*laughs* you know I didn't even notice!
Yeah,if it weren't for Hiro I don't think I would be too interested in the series.I like the fact that he's self sacrificing to a fault.I mean of all the 'Heroes' I think he would be the one that would be most willing to make the ultimate sacrifice if it came to it.

I agree w/Ingemar Hiro has yet to prove himself.
but I admite no one brings humor to the table like Super Hiro! *chuckles*

And I didn't count Micah, faithfighter, because he's just a secondary character so far, albeit a very nice one.

does that mean you don't count Niki and DL either?
[spoiler] a lot of ppl see them as a side plot, but for quite a while Matt and Audrey were too, and look at them now. I just think the Sander's clan has yet to intertwin in the main story...but I see great importance for them soon [/spoiler]
faithfighter

Next

Return to General Entertainment