Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Postby Sai » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:01 pm

I know this is somewhat early to be starting a thread on this but the new trailer just came out so i really wanted to hear everyone's opinions on it! I really liked the part with snape.... He is my favorite. I was so bummed when the didn't put him in the first teaser trailer for Gof. I did not like Harry's new hair so much but that is just a matter of taste. Out of all the books this was my least favorite so i am curious to see how they will do the movie. Yay.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:20 pm

gah omg! I went and saw Happy Feet and my sister wanted gummi bears and we walked in JUST as the trailer finished. it tore my heart out.

but not really since it'll be online in a few days <.< I did watch the 10 sec. teaser of the trailer (which is ridiculous if you ask me)

edit: omg wait! it's already online! asdj *watches*
Kawaiikneko

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:54 pm

The first movie was okay, second was good, third was great (even if it ventured far from the book it worked really well as a movie), but the fourth was a complete mess. Confusing (and I've read the books) and with no heart (I didn't care for one character in the whole movie- the overdose of CGI killed it). The fifth looks darker and better. I know this is only the teaser trailer and I'm not even that much into the books (they were good, but not great) but this looks like one to look out for in the future!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:13 pm

Okay, I'm pretty excited. The trailer looks very good. Everything you see in the trailer seems to come from the book, such as [spoiler]the occulmency lessons with Snape.[/spoiler] Osaka=cannot wait.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:33 pm

You know, it's funny w4c... I hated all the movies but the 4th one. I thought it was the only one that fit well as a movie. I especially hated the third movie since it's my favorite book....

ALL THAT aside, I can't wait for this movie. I hope it'll be good.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:36 pm

Well, I've loved all the movies, but the fourth was probably my favorite. Or, atleast, it's tied with the third as my favorite of the movies.

However, since Order of the Pheonix is my favorite of the Harry Potter books *Yes, I know I'm weird*, I have high hopes for the film adaptation.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:37 pm

Interesting about that. I just thought the 3rd was beautifully done. I loved the artsy movie feel - more atmospheric. And the pumpkin patch scene? Gold!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby RubyJewelStone » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:54 pm

Ooh! I wants to see the movie now. The trailer did it's job. (Then, again if it was stick figures and poorly done voices I'd probably still want to see...'cuz it's HP!)

But anyways, is it me, or does Harry's hair look flatter now? Who gave Harry permission to flatten his hair?
I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when he is silent.
~Author Unknown
RubyJewelStone

Postby Scarecrow » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:59 pm

I agree with W4C... 4 was a mess, 3 was the best... Four could have been good but it tried to squeeze too much in and just felt choppy. Not to mention the kids are growing but their acting skills are not so scenes are becoming that much more cheesy/bad as the movies go on =/ Did not help movie number 4.

As for OoP... I bought it on its release date, think I got to page 455 and died, lol. Havent picked it up since and I don't plan too. I'll see the movie but Im kind of burnt out on HP... and I hope its done better than four.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:10 pm

You'd think the kids would have taken acting classes, wouldn't you? But nooooo.
And many thought Narnia had bad acting. Simpletons.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Sai » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:13 pm

I like one and two, not so much three and four. I did not like, at all, the scene with harry in the third movie when he was crying about friends murdering friends. -_- His crying made me want to cry it was so bad. His crying in GoF wasn't quite as bad as PoA but still it was like yell/ crying. But the thing that made me want to cry the most in both of the two newest movies was dumbledore. IMO the 1st dumbledore portrayed dumbledore exactly how i had imagined him. I was soo sad when i first heard that Richard Harris had kicked the bucket. ;_;
"Bother"
Sai

Postby faithfighter » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:49 pm

this was my least favorite of the books as well. in fact I found it very disapointing. I guess mostly because they exchanged mystery for adventure. I love the mystery of the 1st 4 books...the fact that they throw that away in this one seriously let me down :(
regardless I still can't wait to see the movie. it's suuuuch a long book. I wonder how they will do it.

I still haven't seen the 3rd and 4th movies thu. lol.
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby Maledicte » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:44 am

Hm. Not a terrible love of GoF here, ironically my favorite. I liked CoS the least, from what I can remember.

I've never read the books, but I like these movies a lot, they're great entertainment. I might actually watch OoP on the big screen! : O
Maledicte

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:03 am

I'll see it, but... Hmm... They changed a line that made no sense for them to change... The detention scene now has harry writing "I will obey the rules" rather than "I will not tell lies"

If they wanted to back it back to a PG, then removing the scene alltogether would be more viable, but there is no reason to change the line...

Once again, no house elves (or is Kreacher in it, I'm not sure?) and no quidditch at all... There go some of my favorite scenes in the book... I know they want to make just one movie and stay true to the core story, but... LotR and Narnia both have 4 disc special editions box sets... Why can't they do that with potter, since the potter books are much longer than the Narnia books it would make more sense... Extend the movie to 3 and a half hours for the special edition... Put some of the removed content back in!

Oh well... BTW, GoF was my favorite movie so far... They seem to get better every time, actually... Though 3 was really weird...

Also, Daniel Radcliffe's crying scene at the end of GoF was great, I think... I guess people see things differently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:15 pm

Rupert Grint(I believe that's his name)who plays Ron is also in another movie that just came out.In it he plays the son of an Anglican Rector and overly religious
mother and ends up working for this eccentric old woman.I'm doing it from memory from reading the synopsis in the paper.
mitsuki lover

Postby Aka-chan » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:02 pm

So. I'm excited and all. But. 1) Harry's hair; it was better even when it was long last movie, and 2) Voldemort's nose, or lack thereof. I don't know. I just can't take him seriously with it; it looks so funny!

I feel very superficial now, but those were my biggest impressions from the trailer.
Aka-chan

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:25 pm

Even though I'm no great fan of Harry Potter, I've somehow managed to be duped into seeing all the movies so far. The only one I've really enjoyed was Prisoner of Azkaban. Goblet of Fire seemed like they tried to jam too much into one movie. Then again, that book was pretty thick and I don't think I ever did get through the whole thing.

Anyway, I think I'll be skipping the Order of the Phoenix movie-- I hated the book. :\
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:09 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:I'll see it, but... Hmm... They changed a line that made no sense for them to change... The detention scene now has harry writing "I will obey the rules" rather than "I will not tell lies"

Hmm. . . that's odd. Well, I'm comforted by the fact that movie trailers don't set in concrete what the film will contain. They might change it. I honestly see no reason to change it. Especially when there's some more eerie about the phrase "I will not tell lies" when [spoiler] written in blood.[/spoiler]

Well, no matter what they decide to write, when I dress up for the premiere, the back of my hand will say "I must not tell lies." But it will be written in pen and not [spoiler]blood[/spoiler]

If they wanted to back it back to a PG, then removing the scene alltogether would be more viable, but there is no reason to change the line...

I would be stunned if that happened. There's far too much dark subject matter to justify a "PG" rating.

Once again, no house elves (or is Kreacher in it, I'm not sure?) and no quidditch at all... There go some of my favorite scenes in the book... I know they want to make just one movie and stay true to the core story, but... LotR and Narnia both have 4 disc special editions box sets... Why can't they do that with potter, since the potter books are much longer than the Narnia books it would make more sense... Extend the movie to 3 and a half hours for the special edition... Put some of the removed content back in!
I agree. If they'll do it for Tolkien, they should do it for Rowling.

Oh well... BTW, GoF was my favorite movie so far... They seem to get better every time, actually... Though 3 was really weird...

Hooray for fans of GoF! I loved Prisoner, but I loved GoF just as much.

Also, Daniel Radcliffe's crying scene at the end of GoF was great, I think... I guess people see things differently.[/QUOTE]

Mangafanatic

Return to General Entertainment