What Manga are you reading?

Post about anime's sister, manga in here. Manga reviews accepted in here as well.

Postby jon_jinn » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:01 pm

akira volume 6! yeah! i finished the entire series.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:09 pm

Recently I read several volumes of Hagane. Can't say I'd categorically recommend it (random nudity and a fairly mundane storyline). But it has a decent premise and some of the elements are highly interesting. With the Hattori Hanzo parasite being introduced, though, I think I'm starting to dislike the plot's direction.
uc pseudonym

Postby Ichigo_89 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:35 am

Reading Kenshin (AGAIN!) on vol.25 at the moment
Ichigo_89

Postby Eric » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:07 pm

Negima vol. 12
Eric

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:37 pm

Family Complex chapter 3 (some jokes about people's sexuality but I'm enjoying it thus far).
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Alice » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:49 pm

Fruba - up to volume 7
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:06 pm

Anime Insider Dec.

and

.Hack//LOTT
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Aka-chan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:09 am

Waiting for the site I read to get ch. 100 of d.gray-man. Why are they taking so looooong??
Aka-chan

Postby Ichigo_89 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:45 am

Gantz chap.238 and Fullmetal Alchemist chap.8
Ichigo_89

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:10 pm

20th century boys volumes 11 and 12.

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:24 pm

"Ayashi no Ceres" volume 2 (been reading it out of order).
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Tommy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:54 pm

Death Note (not sure what volume).
Tommy

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:15 pm

Monster 4 and Ultra Maniac 4 and 5
Shao Feng-Li

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:53 pm

Recently, Love Collage. It was an immense waste of even what little time I spent with it. Also, I finally found new chapters of Old Boy (10+, even) and enjoyed taking the plot a bit further.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mi-Ru-Me » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:35 pm

Naruto 12

Abenobashi 2
Mi-Ru-Me

Postby mai » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:50 am

D. Gray Man Vol.3
ES Vol.3
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:57 am

BLAME! vol. 6, Genshiken vol. 5
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby kryptech » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:48 pm

Just finished Bleach vol 2 - should be picking up vol 3 tomorrow.
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:08 pm

History's Strongest Disciple volume 6

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this is a decent series. The first part of it has nearly no redeeming qualities and seems to exist for the purpose of fanservice, but once the martial arts aspect began to come in significantly this has decreased and things have improved overall.
uc pseudonym

Postby Aka-chan » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:25 pm

Love Roma 3
Aka-chan

Postby chimera189 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:24 pm

Naruto 12
Bleach 16
Disgaea 1
Defend the Bible? I would as soon defend a lion! Charles Spurgeon
I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts. The rest are details. Albert Einstien
Luke 23:39-43; "And it also makes me smile to think that there is a grinning ex-con walking the streets of gold that knows more about grace than a thousand theologans. No one else would have given him a prayer, but in the end that is all he had, and in the end that is all it took." -Max Lucado

[url=myspace.com/chimera189]myspace[/url]
chimera189

Postby Ichigo_89 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:25 am

Kami-Kaze vol.1
Dragonball vol.5
Ichigo_89

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:20 pm

berserk volumes 10-13. this manga is starting to get really interesting. though it's gotten a lot scarier and the religious material's starting to get a little...dark and spooky.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:59 pm

After this both of those factors will drop off and the series will take on a tone reminiscent of high fantasy, which I feel is odd and abrupt. We'll see what you think of it.

Meanwhile, I read the first volume of Shelter of Wings at long last this morning. Very professional in appearance and I encourage everyone to buy it to support the Christian manga industry.
uc pseudonym

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:10 pm

Browsing Naoki Urasawa's brilliant Monster.
Fish and Chips

Postby Ichigo_89 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:13 pm

jon_jinn wrote:berserk volumes 10-13. this manga is starting to get really interesting. though it's gotten a lot scarier and the religious material's starting to get a little...dark and spooky.

Spooky is definately the word for vol.13 (and a couple others)
Ichigo_89

Postby Ren_sama » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:22 pm

Just finished re-reading D.gray-man. :3
Ren_sama

Postby chimera189 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:03 pm

Negima 12
Moonphase 5
Chibi Vampire 3
Defend the Bible? I would as soon defend a lion! Charles Spurgeon
I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts. The rest are details. Albert Einstien
Luke 23:39-43; "And it also makes me smile to think that there is a grinning ex-con walking the streets of gold that knows more about grace than a thousand theologans. No one else would have given him a prayer, but in the end that is all he had, and in the end that is all it took." -Max Lucado

[url=myspace.com/chimera189]myspace[/url]
chimera189

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:56 pm

I picked up the first volume of Air Gear at the library and I'm undecided about it. Perhaps I'll pursue the series some more and find out if it's interesting (not that I'll be able to any time soon), unless someone here says something to the contrary.
uc pseudonym

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:08 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:I picked up the first volume of Air Gear at the library and I'm undecided about it. Perhaps I'll pursue the series some more and find out if it's interesting (not that I'll be able to any time soon), unless someone here says something to the contrary.

i dunno. i read the first volume cause it looked like something new and original. however, the author IS Oh Great! and let's all remember that he was also the author of the extremely explicit and fanservice-filled manga tenge tenjo.

Ichigo_89 wrote:Spooky is definately the word for vol.13 (and a couple others)

i take it that this volume is one of the more disturbing ones of the series?...however, i cannot let the spiritual content factor of this manga hinder me from reading more into this amazing series. the manga is strictly a work a fiction. all fantasy and nothing more...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Previous Next

Return to Manga and Manga Reviews