Over The Hedge

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Over The Hedge

Postby rocklobster » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:54 pm

Has anyone here seen this movie? It is HILARIOUS! I laughed all the way through the movie. It is definitely worth renting. Best lines:

• Porcupine kids (as they are driving Dwayne's van): "Hey, no fighting! We will turn this thing around!"
  • RJ: "This is an SUV. Humans use them to travel because they are slowly losing their ability to walk."
  • Vernon: "How many humans can fit in one?"
  • RJ: "Usually? One."
  • Stella (a skunk): I look like a mess and I smell like a swamp. Now you find me someone who's decent, good with kids, and has no sense of smell, then we can talk."
  • Hammie: "I want those cookies!"
  • *Hammie is about to drink one of those high-caffeine energy drinks*
  • RJ: Whoa. The last thing you need is more caffeine.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:06 pm

I have yet to see this movie, actually... Wanting to rent it one day though. It'll have to be something to watch with friends though^^
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:34 pm

I'm kinda tired of CG movies about animals. It's probably pretty good, so maybe I'll rent it sometime, but for now... ehh...
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:11 pm

I'll try not to be a negative presence in this thread, but I really didn't like this movie. Initially I had no intention to see it because I am against CG films about animals in principle, but it came recommended by my uncle's family and they wanted to watch it as a family over Thanksgiving. However, I was not impressed. It seemed fairly mundane to me and not terribly humorous.

But in an effort to be positive I thought the "this is the temple where they worship the food" line was somewhat clever and the moment when Hammie does drink caffeine was fairly humorous. Also, whoever does his voice succeeded with the "But I wanna cookie" (or something to that effect) line.
uc pseudonym

Postby silverSky » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:39 pm

I'm kinda tired of CG movies about animals. It's probably pretty good, so maybe I'll rent it sometime, but for now... ehh...

I've seen the movie and I feel the same way...no more animals right now. We need a break from animals.

The movie had some cute scenes and few funny ones but most of it was a tad bit bland.

On a lightner note, Cars was just great, and it was something different besides animals. ^_^

silverSky
Jhn 1: 1-5 KJ

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Psalm 115: 105-106 OKJ

105) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
106) I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgements.

Psalm 91:1-2

1) He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty
2) I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
silverSky

Postby Myoti » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:48 pm

Next Pixar film: "Couch and Potatoes."

And I bet you, somehow, it would rock.

Oh, and I've yet to see this one either. I had no intention to, and from what I hear, I definetly don't know. I'm also in agreement on the whole "animal CG" deal.
Myoti

Return to General Entertainment