Hero

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Heroes

Postby silverSky » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:11 am

I'm totally a fan for Hero but then again I am sucker for superheros and villians. Anyone else out there watching the show as much as I am. Please feel free to discuss your thoughts and ideas about the show, characters, plots, or latest episodes.

silverSky
silverSky

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:23 pm

Actually the title is HEROES as in heroes plural.Or were you thinking of the Japanese character of Hiro?I can't wait to see what happened to him in the past.
And why is that one guy going around freezing people and cutting the tops of their heads off?
mitsuki lover

Postby ashfire » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:46 pm

I guess we will learn more come Monday night. I enjoy the show too.
I am just waiting to see how many people attending the cons will cosplay as Heroes.
ashfire

Postby silverSky » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:08 pm

Actually the title is HEROES as in heroes plural.Or were you thinking of the Japanese character of Hiro?I can't wait to see what happened to him in the past.
And why is that one guy going around freezing people and cutting the tops of their heads off?

Yes I meant Heroes, but in a rush forgot to make it plural. *sheepish* ~_~

But yes I can't wait to see what happen to Hiro in the past, according to the older waitress, he has meet and befriend the girl but suddenly left about three weeks ago. So I'm wondered where in the world did he go? And I mean that literally. ^_^

silverSky
silverSky

Postby c.t.,girl » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:12 pm

D: i missed this past monday's one! ToT so sad! and i'm really getting into it too! >_> although my dad's all, "blaah it's getting to predictable" but i'm all, "whaaa?! i'm on the edge of my seat!" "blaaaaah" psha! i love it!
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Alice » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:32 pm

I missed this week's and they didn't rerun it Friday on SciFi.... :/
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:31 pm

I really like this show. However, the very nature of the show has caused it to become a bit predictable. For example:

[spoiler] The painting of Peter "Dying". I knew almost right off the bat that he wasn't going to die, but instead he would come close and then be saved through contact with Claire. The two of them are too important to die just yet. Just one example.
[/spoiler]

Although I really do enjoy the depth and complexity that the characters have. I also really enjoy the accurate and well done portrayals of the super abilities. It's very cool for me, since my friends and I RP superheroes quite a bit.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby silverSky » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:37 am

Yes I agree certian aspects of the show are quite predictible however the who pretty waitress thing caught me off guard. I just didn't see that coming.

But I like the humanistic quality of the characters they are some normal even though the powers negate their normality (is that even a word? :D ).
silverSky

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:17 am

What show is this?
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:06 pm

HEROES,it's on Monday nights on NBC and Friday repeats on Sci Fi just before
Dr.Who.
mitsuki lover

Postby ashfire » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:41 pm

I read in TV Guide magazine that George Takei will play Hiro's father in a episode of Heroes on January 29. He is a big man in Japan who has bodyguards and has come to America to kidnap Hiro and take hime back to Japan.
ashfire

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:27 pm

Can you please edit your post with spoiler tags? I know there are others like me who would rather not hear the rumors as they may be spoilers for future episodes.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby silverSky » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:54 pm

New Episode tonight, suppose to answer more questions, gosh the sure know how to bait a hook. ^_^

silverSky
silverSky

Postby silverSky » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:05 pm

WHine I missed it, :sniffle: someone give me some spoilers please or just pm with a recap of tonights episode. :?:
silverSky

Postby Ingemar » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:30 pm

About tonight's episode:

[spoiler]As the title suggests, everything is six months ago. We see everyone's past except Hiro, who if you think about it, is still in his "present" mindset.

Important facts--

Matt (the cop) failed his detective's test 6mo. ago because the "Jedi Mind Trick" girl (the one who was Mohinder's "love interest" in the earlier episodes) told him to run off and eat donuts.

She, in turn was hunted by Bennet and the silent black guy, and was offered a chance to turn her life around. (Of course her powers were ineffective against them).

There was some interesting legal stuff involving Peter and Nathan Petrelli, Linderman and Pete and Nate's father. Peter was willing to betray his father to do the right thing. Nathan's wife was paralyzed in a car accident because some bad guys tried to bump run them down. However Nathan was fine because he flew. He just didn't realize it.

"Sylar" is actually a watchmaker with no powers of his own. He got angry when Chandra Suresh told him he was normal. So Sylar called one of the people on Chandra's list (one with telekinesis) and killed him. The next day, Sylar was able to fling a glass with his mind.
Sylar also mentioned something along the lines of "everything is in the brain" when he killed that telekinetic which is some not-so-subtle clue.

Hiro and Charlie had started some gf/bf thing. Hiro tried to warn her about the future and even showed her his powers. But Charlie revealed that she is slowly dying, which is why she is still dead even in last week's episode. Hiro comes back to the present and tells Ando that his powers are (out of his control?) (Good riddance, I hated Charlie anyway).

Niki used to be an alcoholic. Her "Jessica" persona comes from the time her father apparently got drunk and killed her sister Jessica.

And Bennet met with Chandra Suresh.[/spoiler]
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Alice » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:42 pm

[spoiler] Why do you say Matt failed because of the donut comment? He said it was because he "could barely read." [/spoiler]

And no one dared
Alice

Postby silverSky » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:24 pm

Thank you, Ingemar!

By the way, I personally like Charlie because she was just a sweet heart, we at least from what little I have seen of her she appears to be. I guess I'm a sucker for sweet loveable characters.

silverSky
Jhn 1: 1-5 KJ

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) The same was in the beginning with God.
3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4) In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5) And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Psalm 115: 105-106 OKJ

105) Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
106) I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgements.

Psalm 91:1-2

1) He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty
2) I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
silverSky

Postby Ingemar » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:37 pm

Alice wrote:[spoiler] Why do you say Matt failed because of the donut comment? He said it was because he "could barely read." [/spoiler]
[spoiler]I'm not entirely convinced about how true that is. To become a cop, you NEED to know how to read, granted you're not required to examine and discuss Kant's writings, but if you are going to cite people for overspeeding you have to be able to read the ticket you are writing.

And look at him--he must have been sitting in his car spacing for HOURS after being "Jedi Mind Tricked" into eating doughnuts. I think if he really wanted to pass he would have studied a lot harder, but the preoccupation with doughnuts got in the way.

I think his apparent dyslexia was just an excuse. Do you think he'd tell his wife that he failed because he spaced out and ate doughnuts?[/spoiler]
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby silverSky » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:40 am

Hmm both points seem valid enough.... but its funny/interesting how everyone is connected by this sort 6 degrees phenome (sp?)

silverSky

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

106) I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy righteous judgements.

1) He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty
2) I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
silverSky

Postby silverSky » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:03 pm

Aaaarrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate this I more confused then before! >_>

I will eloborate on this later. Right now my little sis has homework to do.

silverSky

silverSky

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:21 pm

It's also on Friday night on Sci Fi so you can watch it then at 7:00.
Personally I don't think you need to use spoiler tags if all you're talking about is rumors of what might happen in the future.The only use for spoiler tags should be if you are going to give a good snippet of a synopsis of what is happening.Otherwise you needn't worry about them.Some people just complain too much.
mitsuki lover

Postby Alice » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:59 pm

It doesn't air again until 1.22.07. I'm fine with that. ^^ Time to mull.

My mom suggested (and this is a spoiler):
[spoiler] that Peter's dream, where he's the one blowing up, could be because he mirrors others' talents, so the real danger isn't necessarily him, or just him, at all. [/spoiler]

And no one dared
Alice

Return to General Entertainment