That 70's Show

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

That 70's Show

Postby Tidus20 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:57 pm

I don't think this thread has been made before, but does anyone else like this show?
When the clock reads 2113
-Coheed and Cambria

Check out my totally NOT MySpace thingy HERE.

My ACTUAL WEBSITE.
Tidus20

Location: A place not too far from my happy place. My left middle finger has touched the same guitar as that

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:27 pm

Although I've not watched an entire episode, I do admit Eric is pretty funny. Just don't like all the sexual references splashed here and there within the show.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby silverSky » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:48 pm

Just don't like all the sexual references splashed here and there within the show.

Yes the show had some funny points but they have to much sexual and drug humor in it for me.

silverSky
silverSky

Postby Alice » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:47 pm

I think it's gross...

What I've seen of it, though, (snatches and bits; someone in my family likes it) I like the "mom" character, Kitty. I tell myself it's not just because of her name...
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share

And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence.
Alice

Postby heero yuy 95 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:33 pm

I really dig the retro 70s theme, and i do admit, it has some genuine funny moments, but like what others said, too many sexual references for me.
'listen to me, Grel, these constant failures have been causing me to lose face, and if you keep it up i shan't spare yours!" -Khyron the Destroyer

"why throw away your life so recklessly!"
"that's a question you should be asking yourself, megatron."
-transformers the movie

http://starfoxman.deviantart.com/

^ My Manga!!! Check it out!
heero yuy 95

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:01 pm

*cough*

I love this show. I loved it until they [spoiler]got rid of Eric (meaning they let the show go on after Topher decided to leave) and then had him break up with Donna from africa... [/spoiler]

I guess it is over the top a bit, but... I don't know, I started watching it after stuff with... a girl I was in love with, and it was great to see a nerdy pathetic guy get a strong girl... Even though Eric was even more pathetic than me, and I got angry with him quite a lot. I really liked this show, and I only started watching it a little less than a year ago. I plan on collecting it from season 1- maybe 6 or 7, but I really stopped liking it after 5 (all from reruns, mind you)... [spoiler]It jumped the shark after Red had his heart attack.[/spoiler] and BLONDE DONNA??? I know why it happened (so Laura could play Karla Homolka, which she almost had all of Canada wanting to kill her for doing) but red-heads should never go blond... Blonde Donna, Losing Topher and Ashton... Yeah, the show went downhill...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby ashfire » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:13 am

Hell! I lived around people like that during my teens in the 70s. Drugs I nevered delt with but knew it was happening around me. Lucky I got into something that put me into position to help people that had problems because of bad experiences from drugs. I joined the volunteer fire and rescue service when I graduated high school at 18, but we had people just like those on that 70s show there too. The young and the old working together but it felt like a few Reds there too.
ashfire

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:00 pm

Don't need to see the show as I lived the decade.
mitsuki lover

Postby Tidus20 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:15 am

Was it fun?
When the clock reads 2113
-Coheed and Cambria

Check out my totally NOT MySpace thingy HERE.

My ACTUAL WEBSITE.
Tidus20

Location: A place not too far from my happy place. My left middle finger has touched the same guitar as that

Postby ashfire » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:57 pm

Tidus20 wrote:Was it fun?

I guess in some ways there was fun in being a teen back then :dizzy:.
High school and the friends my brother and I had ( I was the oldest by two years). The music, TV shows, movies back then.
Learning to drive in drivers ed and then learning to drive my Dad's Mercury Comet which had a clutch and shift on the column at 18. Then my father bought for both my brother and me a 1954 Ford Mainline 4 door to drive which had automatic transmission. Then we bought a 1969 Ford Fairlane (Brother's)and a 1970 Dodge Swinger (Mine).
There is alot to say about the 70s and what went on.
One thing I will say. In the fire company we had a guy named Tom Hahn for looks like the guy that plays Donna's Dad. Hair and all. Believe me hair was a thing back then.
ashfire

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:05 am

ashfire wrote:Hell! I lived around people like that during my teens in the 70s. Drugs I nevered delt with but knew it was happening around me. Lucky I got into something that put me into position to help people that had problems because of bad experiences from drugs. I joined the volunteer fire and rescue service when I graduated high school at 18, but we had people just like those on that 70s show there too. The young and the old working together but it felt like a few Reds there too.

In the '60s and '70s, drugs were a lot more common than today, particularly marijuana... I don't know many that lived through that time (as teens, anyhow) that didn't do drugs... It's quite amazing that you did. Um... Good for you, I guess. Cool you escaped the big trap of the '70s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby ashfire » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:57 pm

Well I belonged to the Broadview Baptist Church during that time and the church was connected with the Southern Baptist Asson. so you can guess that use of those drugs were pretty much denounced by our church.
Plus My brother and myself had parents that wouldn't allow such going ons near us and friends that didn't go near the stuff.
Now joining the fire dept there was the beer and other alcohol drinkers who were members and acourse there would be some samlping but had to know the limit. I myself just can't stand the taste if I have one drink but I just like being a tea totaler.
ashfire

Postby Puguni » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:37 pm

It's fun to watch every now and then. Not appropriate though. XD
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Return to General Entertainment