Post your Top 10 Fave Disney Characters!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Post your Top 10 Fave Disney Characters!

Postby rocklobster » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:46 am

Who are your top 10 favorite Disney characters of all time and why? Here are mine:
10. Ariel: She was the first Disney woman to actually be a strong character. Up until then, they were basically damsels in distress who had to wait for the hero to save them.
9. Jasmine: Jasmine was a strong, independent woman and I fell in love with her from the first moment I saw her. Plus, she looks so cute in that hooded peasant disguise.
8. Genie: The Genie is great comedy relief, whether voiced by Robin Williams or Dan Castanella.
7. Uncle Scrooge McDuck: I like this one because he is honest in his affairs with customers. Besides, I love the way he swims through his money.
6. Launchpad McQuack: Whether as Darkwing Duck's sidekick or as a pilot, I have always enjoyed Launchpad. He's a very funny character and a great hero.
5. Darkwing Duck: A great superhero. The smoking entrance, the big ego, the cool costume--he's got it all. Plus, he has a cool catchphrase: "I am the terror that flaps in the night!"
4. Kit Cloudkicker: Kit was my favorite character from Talespin. I always loved his "foster" relationship with Baloo and the Cunninghams. Plus, that airfoil he rides air currents on is the best thing about his character.
3. Timon and Puumba: I put them together because you never see them apart. They did a great job as comedy relief in the Lion King movies.
2. Mickey Mouse: You cannot think about Disney without thinking of Mickey Mouse. He is truly iconic of the company and is actually a caricature of its founder.
1. Goofy: The name says it all. I have always loved Goofy and always will.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:28 pm

10.Mulan,she never gave up on her mission to warn the Emperor.
9.Toby Tyler,the stereotypical turn of the 20th century schoolboy(and you didn't say they HAD to be animated)
8.Cinderella,always optimistic.
7.Mary Poppins,wouldn't we all like a nanny like her?
6.Herbie,he made watching auto racing fun.
5.Goofy
4.Minnie Mouse
3.Daisy Duck
2.Donald Duck
1.Mickey Mouse,can't beat the original Disney gang.
*tempted to put Annette Funnicello down but then again she was a Mousketter and not a character.*
mitsuki lover

Postby Sai » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:18 pm

5. Kronk
8. Queen of Hearts
4. Belle
6. Esme
3. Maleficent
7. Gaston
1. Meriwether
9. Little John
2. Chesire Cat
10. (I can't decided)

There are so many fun characters that it is hard to decided.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 pm

man, i can't name my top ten in order. but i can definitely name my ten favs.

stitch (lilo and stitch)
donald duck (mickey mouse)
goofy (mickey mouse)
genie (aladin)
mushu (mulan)
morph (treasure planet)
simba (lion king)
buzz lightyear (toy story)
hogarth (iron giant)
boo (monsters inc)
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:13 pm

The Iron Giant wasn't Disney.

In no particular order...

1-James Hawkins (Treasure Planet)

2-Robin Hood

3-The Captain from Treasure Planet

4-Ping (Mulan)

5-Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)

6-Cinderella (Cinderelly)

7-Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

8-Kuzco (sp?) (The Emperor's New Groove- he's such a jerk...)

9-Aladdin (Aladdin)

10- Woody (Toy Story- if Pixar counts here)
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:07 pm

Hmmm . . .

In no particular order . . .

Jack Sparrow [PotC] Let's face it, Jack is cool. An idiot sometimes, but cool.
Tron [Tron] I don't remember the movie that much [I need to see it again], but I do remember that Tron was cool.
Cliff Secourt [The Rocketeer] I liked Cliff because he was just this average guy who got a rocket pack and one of the best jackets ever.
Buzz Lightyear [Toy Story] He was kinda flaky for most of the first movie, but at the end and all through TS2 [the other Buzz doesn't count, he was a flake], Buzz became awesome. And we have about the same build ~ short and heavy. XD
Kuzco [The Emperor's New Groove] A jerk for a good portion of the movie? Yes. But he had style.
Sulley [Monsters, Inc.] I liked Sulley because he was this big, beefy monster, but really just a nice guy.
Darkwing Duck [Darkwing Duck] I didn't watch the show much, but anyone who wears a purple double-breasted coat and cape wins.
Doc Hudson [Cars] I finally just saw this film, and Doc was very cool.
Syndrome [The Incredibles] Evil? Yeah. But Syndrome was still cool, and he still had style. Everyone ignores the geek until he's got his own international tech company and has a net worth that's several times what you'll make in your entire life. Then you go fetch his expensive European luxury car out of the parking lot. And it's "Mr. Geek, sir" now.
Genie [Aladdin] I haven't seen this film in a long time. but Genie was the bomb.
Commodore Norrington [PotC] I must be the only person around who likes Norrington. I know it's odd to have him on the list as well as Jack, but I liked Norrington because he just wanted to do the right thing. He also didn't take any crap from Jack, which is a feat in and of himself.

That may be 11. Whatever.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:38 pm

Belle - She was my hero when I was growing up
Mufasa - Exactly how a Dad should be portrayed
Nala - A nice balance of female virtues
Dodger - He's just a blast
Mulan - Another good woman
Robin Hood - My first favorite charcter
Merlin (Sword in the Stone) - Because he is completely off the wall
Hades - An entertaining bad guy
Iago - Another entertaining bad guy
Crush- Do I need to explain?
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Evangeline-San » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:07 pm

Oh so many faves... not in order. hehe

1. Stitch (Lilo and Stitch)
2. Jim Hawkins (Treasure Planet)
3. Morph (Treasure Planet)
4. Ariel (Little Mermaid of course. ^_^)
5. Mushu (Mulan)
6. Kronk (Emperor's New Groove)
7. Donald Duck (My Dad can sound just like him. hehe)
8. Lead character in the Dark Crystal can't remember his name! >.<
9. Sarabi (Lion King she was a kick butt Lioness in my opinion. hehe)
10. and my little brother. XD
~And we know that all things work together for good, to those who love God, and to those who are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28
~*`*`*`*`*`*~
It's tough being a girl... In a pink world.
-me
~~~
~I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13
"I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak. There ain't no disguising the truth!"
Evangeline-San

Postby Tidus20 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:17 am

I only have two, and they are equal. Jack Skellington and Stitch.
When the clock reads 2113
-Coheed and Cambria

Check out my totally NOT MySpace thingy HERE.

My ACTUAL WEBSITE.
Tidus20

Location: A place not too far from my happy place. My left middle finger has touched the same guitar as that

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:20 pm

Wait . . . does Jack count? I guess he does ~ he did appear in Kingdom Hearts after all. Add him to my list as well.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby rocklobster » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:02 pm

He does. Nightmare Before Christmas is distributed by Disney.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:36 pm

1. Sephiroth

2. Darkwing Duck

3. Cloud Strife

4. Hades

5. Maleficent

6. The Moogles

7. Genie

8. Kronk

9. Roxas

10. Tron
Azier the Swordsman

Postby mishi0mishi » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:53 pm

In no spesific order

Arial-The Little Mermaid
Simba-The Lion King
Mufasa-The Lion King
Thumper-Bambi
Genie-Alladin(I don't remember how to spell)
Beast-The Beauty and the Beast
Micky
Timon-The Lion King
.....I think it's Bimba...Pomba...the boar from The Lion King!!
Nimo-Finding Nimo

It's been so long!!!!!!!!!!!
mishi0mishi

Postby Joshua Christopher » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:48 am

1.-10.
Joshua Christopher

Postby rocklobster » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:12 am

mishi0mishi wrote:In no spesific order

Arial-The Little Mermaid
Simba-The Lion King
Mufasa-The Lion King
Thumper-Bambi
Genie-Alladin(I don't remember how to spell)
Beast-The Beauty and the Beast
Micky
Timon-The Lion King
.....I think it's Bimba...Pomba...the boar from The Lion King!!
Nimo-Finding Nimo

It's been so long!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Poomba

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:22 pm

Top 10 Disney Characters:

1. Tod and Copper (Fox and the Hound) - What a wonderful friendship to watch. They get my bet for the cutest Disney characters as puppy and baby fox, from their voices to their appearance, and present a great picture of friendship enduring through trial and barrier.

2. Ariel (Little Mermaid) - My vote for the pre-eminent Disney Princess, Ariel has "De most beautEful Voice," an indomitable spirit, a heinous villian to overcome, and a prince waiting to rescue her. The start of Disney's golden age (LM, BatB, A, LK)

3. Yzma (ENG) - Hands down Disney's most quirky, hilarious villian of all, from probably the funniest Disney movie of all.

4. Bernard and Miss Bianca (Rescuers/RDU) - Shy Bernard and Brave Miss Bianca form an unlikely team that conquer in the end. And the best Disney sequel of all the animated sequels, hands down.

5. Eeyore (WtP) - The King of doom and gloom, Eeyore even edges out Charlie Brown in his pessimism. But he doesn't really mean it. You can tell when he gives that irresistible smile.

6. Lady Kluck (Robin Hood) - For her small role, she steals every scene. Wonderfully humorous.

7. Simba (Lion King) - Possibly my favorite Disney movie, it was hard to choose btn him and Scar. I love the youthfulness as a lion cub and watching him grow into a strong, compassionate king.

8. Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather (Sleeping Beauty) - Loveable blonde grandmother-like fairies, brilliantly played and funny as all get out.

9. Belle (BatB) - Disney's anti-princess is refreshingly normal, with a great heart.

10.Genie (Aladdin) - This is mainly to include Aladdin on the list, cos' it is one of my faves. I love the cast as a whole, but Genie's the closest to an individual that stands out to me. This is a role Robin Williams can actually act as crazy as he does and it works.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:36 pm

Robin hood
Aladin
Genie
Abu
Simba
Poomba
Scar (what can i say he rocked as a villain)
Jack Skelington
Jack sparrow
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Return to General Entertainment